The Falkirk FC Thread

We won’t be near the playoffs with performances like that.

Positive first- Kabia was a nightmare for the Montrose defence. I’d be looking to get him tied down for next season (not that he’ll want to join our rabble).

The real worry is that the defence still looks a shambles despite all the players signed. Mills to me looks like a youngster not ready for first team football.

Telfer and Nesbitt poor in midfield and we need another option upfront as Dowds was poor.

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I think he’s done alright actually….

You’re on glue. The only thing I can say for him is hes young and raw. He was utter rotten and apart from 1 tackle so was Paul Watson, dont even get me started on Gary Miller, absolute wage thief. Midfield powderpuff. McGuffie trying to play football never mind wing back is a sight for sore eyes.

I feel the reason we are rotten defensively is due to us just regrouping when we lose possession and letting them attack us. Probably due in part to playing a 5 back. So, even though we have 1 more defender we are actually just letting them attack and making us look more defensively inept.

Would much rather we try and go back to 442. Similar to how housty had us playing. No need for this silly 5 back nonsense

2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

We won’t be near the playoffs with performances like that.

Positive first- Kabia was a nightmare for the Montrose defence. I’d be looking to get him tied down for next season (not that he’ll want to join our rabble).

The real worry is that the defence still looks a shambles despite all the players signed. Mills to me looks like a youngster not ready for first team football.

Telfer and Nesbitt poor in midfield and we need another option upfront as Dowds was poor.

Eh? 2nd half Kabia touched the ball no more than 10 times. We have no shots on target 2nd half and you are classing a forwards performance as positive? Holy f**k.

You’re on glue. The only thing I can say for him is hes young and raw. He was utter rotten and apart from 1 tackle so was Paul Watson, dont even get me started on Gary Miller, absolute wage thief. Midfield powderpuff. McGuffie trying to play football never mind wing back is a sight for sore eyes.

Given your rather hysterical reaction I think you’re on the glue mate.
Some of these players have just been signed and threw into the mix today. Hopefully we will see better next Saturday when they’ve had time to get used to each other.
If we played the usual back line we’d have left with four in our onion bag tonight.
As for Mills, his long ball distribution out of defence was really good. Hence why Watson always gave it to him to push the ball forward…..

Guest TedCrilly
1 minute ago, latapythelegend said:

Eh? 2nd half Kabia touched the ball no more than 10 times. We have no shots on target 2nd half and you are classing a forwards performance as positive? Holy f**k.

Shelling high balls aimlessly to the strikers isn’t giving them service. We absolutely need to address the middle of the park. Telfer/Nesbitt can’t play in the same side and we have nobody brave enough to put their foot on the ball. McGuffie shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting 11 either. A really abysmal display today. Positive for me is I reckon Jacobs will come good.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why we keep getting teenage  defenders on loan is completely beyond me. This is not the league or the bloody situation to be blooding them in.

Because we’re a shite team in league 1 and no decent experienced defenders will come to us

Honeymoon period is well and truly over and that defeat is on Rennie. His management today and decision making, or lack off, was a complete embarrassment. It was painfully obvious after that opening 15 minutes that was we needed to change the shape we were getting massively over run in the middle of the park and getting down the wings. We need to either match up or go 4-4-2 to be able to get back into the game yet he waited until 5 minutes to go to change it which is absolutely unacceptable. Queens Park game aside that second half performance was as bad as anything I’ve seen this season.

So, positives: Jacobs played quite well, Watson had a couple of decent tackles.

Negatives: Mills is only marginally better than Brad McKay. Gary Miller. Seb Ross getting minutes. Why? Just why? Craig McGuffie getting 85 minutes despite absolutely stinking the place out for every one of them and there’s a much better player than him that plays in that position is madness. It’s only taken 3 weeks but we’ve absolutely destroyed all the confidence that Dowds built up during that loan spell at Arbroath. No attacking intent at all in that second half.

Genuinely seething with that performance.