The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, tokyo bairn said:

OK I've been out the country for a long time but was kind of shocked to see that word still in use.

I can accept some folk might use it not realising it's a slur against a particular ethnic group, but it's disappointing to see so many folk react in a negative way when someone correctly points out what it actually is.

Football stadiums and football forums would not be high on my list of places to witness positive attitudes towards minorities.  Many exceptions of course.  Seems to me that the football world has always lagged a few years behind society as a whole when it comes to progressive and tolerant attitudes.

21 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I can accept some folk might use it not realising it's a slur against a particular ethnic group, but it's disappointing to see so many folk react in a negative way when someone correctly points out what it actually is.

The boy got threatened with a ban for it. 😂

3 hours ago, Tony mac said:

After all the slagging Falkirk fans give Livingston,looks like they are depending on ex or present livi players to save their season.

Jacobs, Kabia on loan and Watson, ATS,Millar and Telfer are ex players.

The Launderers are a vile outfit, of that there is no doubt. Current or existing players are easily fixed with some Dettol and a wire brush.

Who is Millar?

48 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Football stadiums and football forums would not be high on my list of places to witness positive attitudes towards minorities.  Many exceptions of course.  Seems to me that the football world has always lagged a few years behind society as a whole when it comes to progressive and tolerant attitudes.

Stereotypical snobbery  !!

Our defending is still absolutely abysmal. Gid to see. The formation today (along with our pathetic use of the ball) is killing us here. Montrose constantly getting the overlap down the flank particularly on the left with McGuffie not getting close to stopping a cross coming in the whole game. Before ATS went off we really should’ve switched to a back 4 and even when he went off could’ve brought McCann on.

Really not many positives so far even our goal was a mix of the wind and their keeper making a c**t of it. Paul Watson made a fantastic last ditch tackle, Jacobs looks good since he came on and Kabia has been our best player again. But if we stick with the 5-3-2 then we’re not getting back into this game.

4 minutes ago, Russ said:

Our defending is still absolutely abysmal. Gid to see. The formation today (along with our pathetic use of the ball) is killing us here. Montrose constantly getting the overlap down the flank particularly on the left with McGuffie not getting close to stopping a cross coming in the whole game. Before ATS went off we really should’ve switched to a back 4 and even when he went off could’ve brought McCann on.

Really not many positives so far even our goal was a mix of the wind and their keeper making a c**t of it. Paul Watson made a fantastic last ditch tackle, Jacobs looks good since he came on and Kabia has been our best player again. But if we stick with the 5-3-2 then we’re not getting back into this game.

We must have the worst composure on and off the ball of any team in Scotland, its impressively embarrassing.