The Falkirk FC Thread

Appreciate its early days for Rennie and his signings but it actually looks like we have a manager who can identify the problems in the team and then go out and find players to fix that problem.

Also is it abit strange that we've signed more players from Livingston on the few weeks since Holt left than the entire time he was here (although I know there's the brief Kenny miller link with Livingston).

Head Coach Martin Rennie said of The Bairns’ new acquisition:

“We are very happy to be adding Keaghan to our squad. He is a tough tackling central midfielder who can drive the team forward and offers additional steel.”

I think Rennie might actually know what he's doing.

It's amusing that we couldn't get a livvy player with their ex manager who left on good terms pulling the player recruitment strings for us.

A decent solid player to add, wonder if that puts Liam Craig to bed. 

Out of interest, anyone know how many Scottish loan players we are allowed ?

I can only imagine that you’ve been unable to get Liam Craig and that Keaghan Jacobs was next on your list. A fully fit Jacobs is an excellent player, and as has been stated here earlier would instantaneously be one of the leagues best players. Sadly though he has been blighted by injuries for a few years now. Any hope of him being box to box and first into tackles is fanciful I think. 

Having said that, I really hope things work for him and that his performances endear him to you guys. He’s a Livi legend, his goal vs Partick in the play off final … ❤️❤️❤️

Is he a busy midfielder "with legs"?
I can't remember where the triplets all played.
Keaghs started as a winger but has become an absolute beast of a box to box midfielder. Providing his injury hasn't completely ruined him (if it helps he's come back from a few huge injuries before and shown no I'll effects) he'll be one of the best midfielders in the league. He's best at CM but can also play right or left back and hasn't looked out of place in the premiership in any of this positions. He's also a very very handsome b*****d.

To your second point on the triplets; Kyle is similar to Keaghan in that he is quite versatile, Devon was a right back and Sheldon was a left back I think

5 minutes ago, MrDust said:

It's amusing that we couldn't get a livvy player with their ex manager who left on good terms pulling the player recruitment strings for us.

A decent solid player to add, wonder if that puts Liam Craig to bed. 

Out of interest, anyone know how many Scottish loan players we are allowed ?

I was just thinking the same myself re Holt. Not sure we'd want two 30 odd year olds in our midfield every week but you never know.

Agree with mozam that I think the idea of him immediately playing box to box is unlikely given where he's played since 2018/19, as a deep lying tough tackling midfielder with good passing. 

That said, may have been Martindale putting the reins on him and with his great attitude it wouldn't surprise me if he grew into that role with more games.

Should be a good addition to the dressing room as an absolute minimum. Hope it works out for him and he can get back the best of his powers after a long time not playing.

14 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I was just thinking the same myself re Holt. Not sure we'd want two 30 odd year olds in our midfield every week but you never know.

For anyone who’s not 30 yet, contrary to some beliefs on here, your legs will still work once you turn 30

Guest Ecosse83

Rennie has recruited very well this January and although some signings down work out on paper it’s looking very good. 

Probably getting ahead of myself but I hope we get him signed up for next season pretty soon! 

Edited by Ecosse83

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, Believe The Hype said:

You've been promising stauners. Stop being a tease

I’ll be honest Jacobs wasn’t a name I was told. Apparently we were trying to get Sibbald back which I thought wasn’t possible, maybe they offered Jacobs when we enquired. 🤷‍♂️