The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

He's 35 years old and has played 19 games for St Johnstone this year after playing 30+ games in a double cup winning side last season. We're not exactly putting Alex Totten in the centre of the park by signing Liam Craig. 

My point is I think he will probably not be playing next season and going into a coaching role.  Therefore getting a good 15 games or so from him will be probably what the club are expecting.  

He's 35 years old and has played 19 games for St Johnstone this year after playing 30+ games in a double cup winning side last season. We're not exactly putting Alex Totten in the centre of the park by signing Liam Craig. 

He’s still have far more mobility in the middle of the park than Hetherington tbf.

My point is I think he will probably not be playing next season and going into a coaching role.  Therefore getting a good 15 games or so from him will be probably what the club are expecting.  

Why wouldn’t he be playing next season? Absolutely no reason to think that at all.

He's played like 40 games over the past two seasons in a Premiership team who have won two cups.

The thought he can't keep going for a year or two two divisions below that is pretty laughable to be honest.

If Liam Craig signs, and proves to be the steel and leadership we need to get to the playoffs and win them, il buy him a fucking pipe and slippers for next season if he wants. 

In the end of the day if his game relied heavily on mobility hed have been launched from the farmers long before now. He hasnt suddenly gone off a cliff to the point where literally part time footballers will be leaving him for dead. 

53 minutes ago, sick boy said:

Mark Kerr an obvious counter to this, was 38 still playing in champ with Ayr last season. 

Gary Miller, Alston, Hetherington, Tidser. All immobile and got run over the top of in this league. Even Gomis who was very mobile for his age was only good for 50 mins before us having to make a change.

Craig will improve things and I hope he goes on to prove me wrong but he's not the sole solution to us getting dominated in the middle of the park.

Edited by FFC 1876

13 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Gary Miller, Alston, Hetherington, Tidser. All immobile and got run over the top of in this league. Even Gomis who was very mobile for his age was only good for 50 mins before us having to make a change.

Craig will improve things and I hope he goes on to prove me wrong but he's not the sole solution to us getting dominated in the middle of the park.

Don't think anyones said that tbf, was responding to claims he wont be able to play next season because 36 is "pushing it"