The Falkirk FC Thread

Got a reply from my Hully Gully mate (hasn’t missed a game since retiring 8 years ago), and he reckons Jevon Mills is a proper prospect. Only had 4 minutes as a sub v Cardiff, but they have high hopes that he will become a first team squad player next season.

Total stand out in their youth team. He reckons he is coming to us to get the rough edges smoothed off, and to get a bit of a battering that he isn’t exposed to in the youth team.

I am sure Sammut and others have rocked up with similar high praise, so will just have to wait and see.

Would love to sign Craig but it shows how far we have fallen when we pin our colours to the mast on a 35 year old from St Johnstone
Who cares. Horses for courses. No one thinks Craig will be dominating midfields in a push for promotion from the Championship.

He can come in, body some diddies this season then slide into a coaching role where hopefully as a seasoned winner, leader and moaning b*****d, he wont tolerate a procession of powderpuff wee dicks who could beat a fox at hide and seek in the midfield.

If we can just get a half decent rest of the season out of Craig that will be fine as long as we don't have to pay anything for him.  Can't really expect more than that at his age.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

46 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Got a reply from my Hully Gully mate (hasn’t missed a game since retiring 8 years ago), and he reckons Jevon Mills is a proper prospect. Only had 4 minutes as a sub v Cardiff, but they have high hopes that he will become a first team squad player next season.

Total stand out in their youth team. He reckons he is coming to us to get the rough edges smoothed off, and to get a bit of a battering that he isn’t exposed to in the youth team.

I am sure Sammut and others have rocked up with similar high praise, so will just have to wait and see.

Mills flicked on a header at a corner with his 1st and only touch from which Cardiff hit the post.

13 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It may have been around that time that we got beat 2-1 by Dumbarton at their place, and it really looked bad for him. He wasn’t just having a poor game, it just looked as though he had chucked it.

Don’t know if he was unwell or just unhappy, but it was the single worst performance I ever saw him give us.

At least he got a few years in the top flight, but leaving a club with a hardcore of 3000 to 4000 supporters to one with a hardcore of 400 to 500 may have seem him earn a bit more money, but it was hardly what we expected of him. I think we all that he was easily good enough for EFL Championship, but his one flaw was a very evident lack of pace.

Sibbald went down to Luton afore the season started and he missed a fair bit of our preseason and I'm pretty sure he got injured during the trial. 

I met the Luton team at Faro airport that pre season and everyone of them were 6ft plus, so I'm guessing the midfield was bypassed.

I personally think Sibbald would've been back within a year, more likely January if he got a move to England. He is probably at the high end of where he can go now for me.

1 hour ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Would love to sign Craig but it shows how far we have fallen when we pin our colours to the mast on a 35 year old from St Johnstone

January is normally a here and now fix, he ticks all them boxes and if we remain in the same division, will do a job next season.

46 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Sneddon must have got a 3 year deal given the announcement says 'we're looking forward to welcoming you back in the summer'

Just for grangemouth I'll say this. what the hell did we give him a 3 year deal for. You could tell after 10 mind he was never going to be good enough. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

If we can just get a half decent rest of the season out of Craig that will be fine as long as we don't have to pay anything for him.  Can't really expect more than that at his age.

He's 35 years old and has played 19 games for St Johnstone this year after playing 30+ games in a double cup winning side last season. We're not exactly putting Alex Totten in the centre of the park by signing Liam Craig.