The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

One of the biggest mistakes we made was not enforcing the clause for another year. Crazy stuff again by Lang and co.

Why keep a player that indicated he doesn't want to stay?  If he was forced to stay, do you really think his heart would be in it and he would give 100% week in and week out? I get that as a professional he should, he'd also want to impress potential suitors - however, as we've seen before, a demoralised player without passion to play for the club is a waste of a Jersey.

It was time for Sibbald to flee the nest. He had his trial at Luton which would have brought us some money in but that didn't work out so I think after all he'd done the club were right to let him go. 

He's made a decent career for himself but nothing like the career we all expected from him given how talented he was as a youngster. 

18 minutes ago, some_guy said:

Why keep a player that indicated he doesn't want to stay?  If he was forced to stay, do you really think his heart would be in it and he would give 100% week in and week out? I get that as a professional he should, he'd also want to impress potential suitors - however, as we've seen before, a demoralised player without passion to play for the club is a waste of a Jersey.

As soon as the window closed he'd have been back playing as normal for another season.  If he'd downed tools he'd have struggled to get any sort of decent move in the next summer window.  We should've activated the clause and  kept him. He'd have moped for a couple of weeks but as I say come the transfer window closing he'd have been fine.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

6 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Something only Sibbald can answer

He watched countless others move and obviously he wanted to also.

He didn't go to livvy for big bucks 

If I am being cynical it coincided with all the shit happening on the park from an outsider looking in Miller and Kerr have had good moves and made some good money (only speculating) and they put the seed in his head which coincided with individuals downing tools.  Long story short seed planted,, didnt want to be there wanted away.

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

It was time for Sibbald to flee the nest. He had his trial at Luton which would have brought us some money in but that didn't work out so I think after all he'd done the club were right to let him go. 

He's made a decent career for himself but nothing like the career we all expected from him given how talented he was as a youngster. 

Am I right in thinking that he was ill when he went down to Luton? Not in a ready to drop way but just not feeling 100%, or am I just making that up?

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Am I right in thinking that he was ill when he went down to Luton? Not in a ready to drop way but just not feeling 100%, or am I just making that up?

It may have been around that time that we got beat 2-1 by Dumbarton at their place, and it really looked bad for him. He wasn’t just having a poor game, it just looked as though he had chucked it.

Don’t know if he was unwell or just unhappy, but it was the single worst performance I ever saw him give us.

At least he got a few years in the top flight, but leaving a club with a hardcore of 3000 to 4000 supporters to one with a hardcore of 400 to 500 may have seem him earn a bit more money, but it was hardly what we expected of him. I think we all that he was easily good enough for EFL Championship, but his one flaw was a very evident lack of pace.

3 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

If I am being cynical it coincided with all the shit happening on the park from an outsider looking in Miller and Kerr have had good moves and made some good money (only speculating) and they put the seed in his head which coincided with individuals downing tools.  Long story short seed planted,, didnt want to be there wanted away.

Not only that but Miller and Kerr were both seen on the grassy knoll in Dallas...