The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest TedCrilly

Hopefully this is an opportunity to build a meaningful relationship with a club down south. Holt fucked any chance of that with Huddersfield using Krasniqi as a janitor for 6 months. 

Very pleased with the signings so far. It's been glaringly obvious Hall and McKay are not good enough so signing 3 centre half's should now mean they don't feature much again, if at all. We should def be looking to offload them this window. 

We still need cover at right back/right wing back however. I was kind of hoping any new defender signed would be able to play here too (Nielson would've been perfect signing) as would mean not having to play Miller here if Williamsons out.

We also need at least 1 midfielder (so we don't need to play Hetherington) and another striker (as wilson and Omperon not good enough), but please not Goodwillie.

Just now, Scott said:

Very pleased with the signings so far. It's been glaringly obvious Hall and McKay are not good enough so signing 3 centre half's should now mean they don't feature much again, if at all. We should def be looking to offload them this window. 

We still need cover at right back/right wing back however. I was kind of hoping any new defender signed would be able to play here too (Nielson would've been perfect signing) as would mean not having to play Miller here if Williamsons out.

We also need at least 1 midfielder (so we don't need to play Hetherington) and another striker (as wilson and Omperon not good enough), but please not Goodwillie.

We might play Morrison there if(sorry to say when) Williamsons out.  McGuffie was playing on the left side so why not morrison on the right?

Miller is not mobile enough to play as a wing back for any games that you aren't expecting backs to the wall.

45 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Telfers got piles of skill but he disappears in games far too often. We know what he's capable of he needs to do it far more often though. League one should be a scoosh for him but he needs to be more willing to get his sleeves rolled up and stuck in when the going gets tough.

I don't think he disappears at all. His form has certainly dipped of late but he's easily been one of our best and most consistent performers this season. I also think that he's not scared to put in a tackle when required. There's no way of us knowing why he's not been at his best recently, could be any number of reasons, but to suggest that he doesn't want to be involved is indeed pish in my eyes.

5 minutes ago, MetalWolf said:

We might play Morrison there if(sorry to say when) Williamsons out.  McGuffie was playing on the left side so why not morrison on the right?

Miller is not mobile enough to play as a wing back for any games that you aren't expecting backs to the wall.

Morrison played there in the game against Clyde and he was absolutely rancid. I think one things certain Rennie will try his best to find a place for him in the starting 11 as he is one of our main threats. I'd quite like to see him as the 10 in a free role kind of like Higginbotham in the Pressley second season. Let him go cause havoc.

22 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I don't think he disappears at all. His form has certainly dipped of late but he's easily been one of our best and most consistent performers this season. I also think that he's not scared to put in a tackle when required. There's no way of us knowing why he's not been at his best recently, could be any number of reasons, but to suggest that he doesn't want to be involved is indeed pish in my eyes.

I've seen some of the performances he can put in. Christ I remember Ayr away in the league cup just after he'd joined he ran the show. They couldn't get the ball off him without booting him up in the air. He was brilliant. You then look at last Saturday and you hardly knew he was playing . He should be sticking out like a sore thumb every week at this level but too many games he's just another player.

I'd be happy with one more midfielder and another striker. There has been a lot of talk about Craig and Goodwillie but in all honesty it isn't going to be hard to get an upgrade on Miller/ Hetheringon and Ompreon/ Wilson with whoever comes in

A second striker, cover for RWB and another goalkeeper would be a bonus if there are any cheap loans floating about.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Don’t you be letting anyone pish in your eyes.

He needs to be doing the stuff he wants to be doing. I think it reaches a tipping point towards the type of football he doesnt want to play at which point any attempt he makes to help are ineffective and therefore it looks like he has indeed, disappeared.

The reality is, if he is surrounded by more conpetent players, runners in front of him and in front of a back line who he doesnt have to practically stand on their toes to ensure they give him possession 25 yards from and facing his own goal, rather than shelling the ball out the park, we might see him play more of his own game.

After being educated by my boy, in an open game, Telfer is pretty effective as a fetch and carry player who also has a decent bit of passing ability.

Morrison would be a decent front man provided it’s a one on one against a keeper. I reckon he would score 8 out of 10. When he is faced with shooting from 15 yards plus, he would score 1 or 2 out of 10. He is not an easy player to find the right role for, but as a modern 10, Nesbitt is probably a better fit.

Last week, just about everything was going through McGuffie, and Williamson was pretty much a spectator for much of the game (other than the couple of times he did McKay’s job for him when once again, he was ball watching).