The Falkirk FC Thread

Been a good window so far, improved the 2 areas we absolutely had to, up front and defence. If we can improve the centre of midfield or lower priority in goals then it will have been a fantastic window.

I think we should keep faith in McCann too, he's on a longer term deal and i think he can develop.

2 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Are you on glue? He’s only 18 not a bad sign he’s not in Hulls first team. Championship is something like the 6th largest league in world football. A big big gap between the English championship and Scottish league 1. 

Think you've been wooshed mate, unless this is a woosh within a woosh, the old wooshception

Guest TedCrilly
2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Hope not. I think McCann's a very exciting player when played at WB. The new laddie's only 18 so I can see him as back-up with Watson, Dixon and ATS as a back 3.

I don't think that Hall or McKay will be going anywhere either as I can't imagine who would want to take 2 CBs that are surplus to requirements at a L1 club, not unless a Stirling Albion or a Stenhousemuir want them which would mean us still paying the bulk of their wages.

Agreed about McCann. I’d hope we would continue his development with game time. However, I suspect that we will see one of Hall / McKay being let go. Hall probably the more likely with only a few months left on his contract. 

4 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Are you on glue? He’s only 18 not a bad sign he’s not in Hulls first team. Championship is something like the 6th largest league in world football. A big big gap between the English championship and Scottish league 1. 

Whoosh Images, Stock Photos & Vectors | Shutterstock

Hope not. I think McCann's a very exciting player when played at WB. The new laddie's only 18 so I can see him as back-up with Watson, Dixon and ATS as a back 3.
I don't think that Hall or McKay will be going anywhere either as I can't imagine who would want to take 2 CBs that are surplus to requirements at a L1 club, not unless a Stirling Albion or a Stenhousemuir want them which would mean us still paying the bulk of their wages.
Yeah, re McCann and Williamson, we need to see the best of them in a WB capacity now, which could only ever really happen once we had a competent central defence in place. The talking point for Leon McCann is always going to end up being defensive exposure over the top if you have a cast of idiots behind him making sure it costs us goals and points but in the end of the day if we want to push up the league, and bearing in mind the quality of this league, at some point we are going to have to consider trading off some defensive capacity in favour of wing backs actually contributing to the attack.

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

He is 6’4”. I hope he plays as he will give us the height at the back we don’t have

Irony and sarcasm. He looks like a lad with a future and will be using us as part of his development.
Now how long will it take us to gel! That's next isn't it?

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

He is 6’4”. I hope he plays as he will give us the height at the back we don’t have

Also right sided from what I can find online which should hopefully mean we have two competent right sided centre backs and two competent left sided centre backs in Mills, Watson, ATS & Dixon. 

Centre midfield next please Martin.

14 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Absolutely mega-whooshed here.

Whoosh d'Or contender.

Its good to see he has been at Hull since a young age. Its shows they see something there to keep him on so we we should have a decent prospect on our hands. 

I was half expecting him to be signed from some Irish diddies then papped out on loan to get him out the door when they see he's not up to it.

19 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Need to give the lad a chance.
Only concern might be that he’s only 18 so likely to be inconsistent. That’s certainly not what we want for a centre half. However perhaps Dixon and Watson can coach him through games.
Still happier with this than what we have though….

I’ll take that over the consistently shite of Hall and McKay.

55 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Och Shadwell away and don't talk pish man! I know that may be a bit of a stretch but give it at try.

Telfers got piles of skill but he disappears in games far too often. We know what he's capable of he needs to do it far more often though. League one should be a scoosh for him but he needs to be more willing to get his sleeves rolled up and stuck in when the going gets tough.

7 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

So is this signing 2 of 2 that was spoke of before Watson signed, with mega stawner still to be announced if pulled off? Or was this an unknown left field acquisition thrown in for shits and giggles? 

I'm going with the second option given nobody knows who he is. Also that option keeps the stauner well on the cards. Bring on the stauners.

To be fair we were playing players like Stephen Kingsley and Murray Wallace at Championship level when they were around 18 years old.