The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Jack Ross has been sacked from his last 2 managerial jobs for being absolutely pish.

No he wasn't. He wasn't absolutely pish at Sunderland or hibs. Got Sunderland to a cup final and the playoff final which they've never been at since. Many Sunderland fans felt he was sacked far too early.  He then took Hibs to 3rd place and two cup finals and I don't think Hibs can really expect much better than that. Certainly wasn't absolutely pish that's for sure.

25 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No he wasn't. He wasn't absolutely pish at Sunderland or hibs. Got Sunderland to a cup final and the playoff final which they've never been at since. Many Sunderland fans felt he was sacked far too early.  He then took Hibs to 3rd place and two cup finals and I don't think Hibs can really expect much better than that. Certainly wasn't absolutely pish that's for sure.

Absolutely this. Jack Ross is an excellent manager. I think he'll manage the national side one day.

sadly then as now a lot of schoolkids go for one side of the bigot divide.

Not too sure about that these days. Many of the kids I see seem to be sporting EPL or European tops. Rangers and Celtic tops are way down the pecking order in my experience.

48 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Jakubiak would be a fantastic signing

Would be. Can't see him going now Cummings is away unless Dundee can get Rudden in this window. Even then if McCall has any savvy he'll already have asked the question about getting jakubiak on loan. 

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Sorry he got sacked for being brilliant - just like John McGlynn at Hearts.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Sorry he got sacked for being brilliant - just like John McGlynn at Hearts.

It has happened before. McGlynn's predecessor at Hearts, George Burley, got sacked for being brilliant - in season 2005-06 they won their first 8 games then the mighty Falkirk stopped their 100% winning start with a 2 - 2 draw and then Hearts then drew 1 - 1 with Celtic. So, played 10, won 8, drawn 2, and then Burley got his jotters.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

15 hours ago, Albertobotswana said:

Pretty sure he was an Aberdeen fan, his brother was and they hung around with at least 2 Aberdeen fans. (Larbert esp South Broomage was a smaller place in those days).

Add in the American link with Aberdeen, can you see the risk?

Might be wrong but, there wasn't a huge FFC following at Larbert High.

Probably best explained by the fact there are Lots of sheep around Larbert Meh! 

13 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I don't think Montrose will either. Your really hoping the wheels fall off Queens Park, but they surely have to appoint a new manager at some point and if they get Jack Ross which is ambitious, then that's bad news for us.

Wheels fall off Queens Park ?

They have won one game in 11 games 

11 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He was sacked at Sunderland for being too negative and Steven Pressley got us to the equivalent cup final at Falkirk, that's success at a Kwik save level.

The Hibs sacking was a bit of a surprise but it was similar to Sunderland that the wheels had fallen off the bus again. 

The Hibs board sacked Ross when he did have some more mileage to use from the Hibs fans but it was definitely the opposite at Sunderland with the board and fans wanting him out.

He is a decent manager but has failed to deliver 

As suspected looks like it’s going to the wire with players. Heard that the deal for Craig was done earlier in week, wondering if there’s more interest from others that’s preventing closure.

Interesting to see who Rennie can get out either on loan or for good, with little from ITK guys, it sure feels different this window…..

7 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

It has happened before. McGlynn's predecessor at Hearts, George Burley, got sacked for being brilliant - in season 2005-06 they won their first 8 games then the mighty Falkirk stopped their 100% winning start with a 2 - 2 draw and then Hearts then drew 1 - 1 with Celtic. So, played 10, won 8, drawn 2, and then Burley got his jotters.

What we wouldn't give to have players like Thomson, Latapy, Gow and Duffy in this current Falkirk side