Bench
Martin
New CB
New ST
Hetherington
Nesbitt
Ross
Mcguffie

Just spend my days waiting on the wee pen emoji appearing on our twitter. Obviously the more signings we can make this window the better but the quality has to be right. Middle of the park is the one I'm worried about the most as we desperately need a bit of legs in there. Still have 5 loans available so there's plenty to work with there, Dundee United manager was just in the paper saying fringe players need to go out and get game time in order for them to bring more players in. 

Edited by FFC 1876

19 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Mutch
Williamson Watson Dixon ATS Mccann
Telfer New
Morrison
Dowds Kabia

Bench
Martin
New CB
New ST
Hetherington
Nesbitt
Ross
Mcguffie

Just spend my days waiting on the wee pen emoji appearing on our twitter. Obviously the more signings we can make this window the better but the quality has to be right. Middle of the park is the one I'm worried about the most as we desperately need a bit of legs in there. Still have 5 loans available so there's plenty to work with there, Dundee United manager was just in the paper saying fringe players need to go out and get game time in order for them to bring more players in. 

Would definitely be trying to get Neilson, Glass Appere or Butcher from them then.

27 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

No it wasn’t. In any meaningful sense, South Broomage is essentially the same size as it was in 1967 after Spam Valley was builtYou’d be lucky if more than a couple of dozen houses have been built since then, and less than half a dozen since the 1990s.

I was LHS, and there was a healthy FFC support at the school. Other than that, you are spot on.

LHS boy here too. Plenty Bairns there 

3 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Would definitely be trying to get Neilson, Glass Appere or Butcher from them then.

Neilson would do for me. Could play him in the middle of the park as I think he showed last season he was more than capable with the ball at his feet. Loved a gallop up the park as well. 

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Neilson would do for me. Could play him in the middle of the park as I think he showed last season he was more than capable with the ball at his feet. Loved a gallop up the park as well. 

I thought in a very poor side Neilson looked pretty composed last year, I'd start him at CB with one of Dixon/ATS dropped and he could be cover for RB or DM too. Really hope it's a possibility but with Smith leaving he's probably more in their thoughts.

23 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Mutch
Telfer New
Morrison
Dowds Kabia

Bench
Martin
New CB
New ST
Hetherington
Nesbitt
Ross
Mcguffie

Actually agree. Against us your forwards looked strong and fast, particularly when the Livi boy came on, the midfield was woefully slow and sideways pass, not picking up the forwards runs until our 10 man team put another CB upfront leaving easy gaps to score. Surely your manager sees the problem- guess his problem is finding the right player and that may come in the Feb loan month. Cant see you beating Montrose with that midfield, they were far better against a poor us than you boys- unless your forwards play a blinder…..

6 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Actually agree. Against us your forwards looked strong and fast, particularly when the Livi boy came on, the midfield was woefully slow and sideways pass, not picking up the forwards runs until our 10 man team put another CB upfront leaving easy gaps to score. Surely your manager sees the problem- guess his problem is finding the right player and that may come in the Feb loan month. Cant see you beating Montrose with that midfield, they were far better against a poor us than you boys- unless your forwards play a blinder…..

Montrose won’t sit in like you did. We will get more space to play. 

37 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Mutch
Telfer New
Morrison
Dowds Kabia

Bench
Martin
New CB
New ST
Hetherington
Nesbitt
Ross
Mcguffie

Would agree with this. That's certainly a vastly improved starting 11 on what we went in to the window with

If I was being greedy I'd want a new 4th striker on the bench in the place of Ross 

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think that, if we play as badly as we did on Saturday, Montrose will thrash us. I'm hoping that the forecasted wind will be enough of a leveler to give us a decent chance. That and the possibility of a new midfield.

42 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

No it wasn’t. In any meaningful sense, South Broomage is essentially the same size as it was in 1967 after Spam Valley was builtYou’d be lucky if more than a couple of dozen houses have been built since then, and less than half a dozen since the 1990s.

I was LHS, and there was a healthy FFC support at the school. Other than that, you are spot on

Yeah, your right. Don't know why I had suggested otherwise tbh. Really only the houses at the old horse field.

I don't know what Spam Valley is, never heard that before. 

There wasn't a large FFC support in my year, mostly OF and the dons. There was a group but nothing spectacular. 

14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You might well be right, when your down to 10 men you do sit in. But having watched Montrose , probably more times than you, they sit back, draw the team in, leave no space for the forwards and counter attack quickly.They have outstanding managers , who are smart and very tactical.  Only a view but your no 6 and the left sided boy could well be found out… but hey I will be too worried about trying to steal a win vs Peterheed!🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Russ said:

See we can use 5 from 9 subs now. Really not a fan of this at all. It puts garbage like Ross, Wilson, Weekes, Ompreon and Hetherington that step closer to getting some game time which is horrendous news.

Not really as we don't actually have to use the 5 subs if we don't want to. Therefore Wilson & Ompreon can stay firmly out the picture.

7 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

Yeah, your right. Don't know why I had suggested otherwise tbh. Really only the houses at the old horse field.

I don't know what Spam Valley is, never heard that before. 

There wasn't a large FFC support in my year, mostly OF and the dons. There was a group but nothing spectacular. 

Spam Valley was a phrase from the 70's/80's on, where people got aspirational and took on huge mortgages. This left them with a big house but no cash so they were reduced to permanently eating spam.