The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, Rugby Is Terrible said:

Great to see it’s just a limited number of people leaking stuff. Long may this continue. Much better than the previous mob telling anyone who batted their eyes.

🤷‍♂️

Feet on the ground for me regarding where we go from here. QP are obviously the first target. Get to them and pass them then we can think about those above them. Winning the league IMO would be extremely difficult if not nigh on impossible from here. 

Agreed, I’d be quite happy just to get to fourth to be honest

27 minutes ago, Rugby Is Terrible said:

Great to see it’s just a limited number of people leaking stuff. Long may this continue. Much better than the previous mob telling anyone who batted their eyes.

What’s being leaked here? He’s stating that given the nature of the January transfer window, signings can materialise quickly.  

You still raging, aye?

21 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
1 hour ago, Rugby Is Terrible said:
Who on earth cares who he supports for goodness sake. One of our our best players of the past 15 years was a blooming Dunfermline fan and he gave everything. 

Who?

I believe he's referring to Blair Alston but I wouldn't ever have him as one of our best players.

3 hours ago, Albertobotswana said:

I'm an eternal optimist and believe that we can still win this league. 

For you, “eternal optimist”. For everyone else, this reads as “recreational substance user”.

So, just as we re-wrote the history books last season when we collapsed from first to fifth, you now reckon Cove are going to go one better by taking no more than 24 points from a potential of 42 points, while we take 45 points from a potential 45 points.

Lets just say we stay in the land of credibility and miraculously win 10, draw 3 and lose 2 (ending up with 62 points). Cove would then have to win 3, draw 3 and lose 8 of their remaining games. 

9 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

For you, “eternal optimist”. For everyone else, this reads as “recreational substance user”.

So, just as we re-wrote the history books last season when we collapsed from first to fifth, you now reckon Cove are going to go one better by taking no more than 24 points from a potential of 42 points, while we take 45 points from a potential 45 points.

Lets just say we stay in the land of credibility and miraculously win 10, draw 3 and lose 2 (ending up with 62 points). Cove would then have to win 3, draw 3 and lose 8 of their remaining games. 

Can we send Gary Holt to hang around their dugout?

Pretty sure he was an Aberdeen fan, his brother was and they hung around with at least 2 Aberdeen fans. (Larbert esp South Broomage was a smaller place in those days).

Add in the American link with Aberdeen, can you see the risk?

Might be wrong but, there wasn't a huge FFC following at Larbert High.

🤣

South Broomage was a smaller place in those days.

Might be wrong but, there wasn't a huge FFC following at Larbert High.

No it wasn’t. In any meaningful sense, South Broomage is essentially the same size as it was in 1967 after Spam Valley was builtYou’d be lucky if more than a couple of dozen houses have been built since then, and less than half a dozen since the 1990s.

I was LHS, and there was a healthy FFC support at the school. Other than that, you are spot on.