The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83

If we’re good enough to go on a run then making the play offs will take care of itself. 

Let’s just hope we can build some momentum now and that’s what will make the difference for the play offs. 

9 minutes ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

I seem to remember a formation change not long after Holt arrived

Trying to think, when was the last season where the manager who started the season finished it?

The 16/17 season when we finished 2nd to Hibs under Houston, since then:

17/18 - Houston sacked
18/19 - Hartley sacked
19/20 - McKinnon Sacked
20/21 - Miller & McCracken sacked
21/22 - Sheerin Sacked

I'm an eternal optimist and believe that we can still win this league. Although Cove are walking it, they are grinding out results and some of these one goal difference wins could easily be draws. They will drop points!

The games against Montrose and QP are the benchmark games to see how good/improved we actually are. I believe it's possible to get full points.

Weirdly, it could be DAFC we get in the play-offs and our recent bounce games against them suggests we could actually beat them. I know bounce games and actual competitive games are different but the signs are there.

My only concern with MR is that from memory his team was/is Aberdeen not Falkirk. Certainly his younger brother is and they hung around with other Aberdeen fans at school. Stephen Glass is hardly setting the heather alight.

Edited by Albertobotswana

8 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

I'm an eternal optimist and believe that we can still win this league. Although Cove are walking it, they are grinding out results and some of these one goal difference wins could easily be draws. They will drop points!

The games against Montrose and QP are the benchmark games to see how good/improved we actually are. I believe it's possible to get full points.

Weirdly, it could be DAFC we get in the play-offs and our recent bounce games against them suggests we could actually beat them. I know bounce games and actual competitive games are different but the signs are there.

My only concern with MR is that from memory his team was/is Aberdeen not Falkirk. Certainly his younger brother is and they hung around with other Aberdeen fans at school. Stephen Glass is hardly setting the heather alight.

😂😂

11 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

Whit????

20 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

Is this a fuckin wind up?

8 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Whit????

Pretty sure he was an Aberdeen fan, his brother was and they hung around with at least 2 Aberdeen fans. (Larbert esp South Broomage was a smaller place in those days).

Add in the American link with Aberdeen, can you see the risk?

Might be wrong but, there wasn't a huge FFC following at Larbert High.

31 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

have you bumped your head or are you baked?

19 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Is this a fuckin wind up?

Every game I believe (certainly at this level) we can win, have done for years. Been a fan for 36 years, seen bad times and worse times.

Did anyone think we would end up in L1 or throw it all away last year?

Expect the unexpected!

Edited by Albertobotswana

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

Only starting collapsing when the bus driver came in saying 'I'm not here to be the next manager' then being manager only a couple months later.  

I think I could've forgiven it all if he wasn't such an arrogant w**k. Away on open goal lapping it up in the summer.

Mind in his first spell he came in days before the Scottish cup semi final. Alex Smith was interim and had won something like 4 games out of 4. Any sensible c**t would've let Smith take charge but not oor Gary! 

No, I think he was right to take the team that day as he was the manager after all. I just wish to f**k that he would have handed over to Smith at half time!!

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

Admin, get him binned 

Ha ha... for what?

Believing that my team can still win the league???

I believed we could beat Celtic over 2 games and get to a cup final or actually beat rangers from 2 goals down in the Championship or Ritchie would get 2 at Ibrox.

It's a push but still mathematically possible. 

20 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

Pretty sure he was an Aberdeen fan, his brother was and they hung around with at least 2 Aberdeen fans. (Larbert esp South Broomage was a smaller place in those days).

Add in the American link with Aberdeen, can you see the risk?

Might be wrong but, there wasn't a huge FFC following at Larbert High.

Well, I'm pretty sure he wasn't a ball boy at Brockville for the money!

10 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

Every game I believe (certainly at this level) we can win, have done for years. Been a fan for 36 years, seen bad times and worse times.

Did anyone think we would end up in L1 or throw it all away last year?

Expect the unexpected!

For the inane patter about how you’re worried that Rennie *might* be an Aberdeen fan. Who gives a f**k. Hallmarks of a troll 

Edited by bairn88

You have to be realistic and assume Cove will double their points tally they took from their first 18 games, so 37 x 2 gets them to a very respectable 74 points. They've already won 4 games out of 4 since then so are looking good to achieve at least that.

Cove do have a small squad and could have some sort of injury crisis/ collapse like we did, but I just don't see it.

Even if we win every single game between now and the end of the season, we will finish on 73 points. That is why it is idiotic to suggest we can still win the league.

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Well, I'm pretty sure he wasn't a ball boy at Brockville for the money!

Dunno... free entry to the games!

My point is that MR will do a fantastic job for us and I truly hope that he will get us up this year or most likely next season. 

We have a history of losing our best managers to SPL teams who should be doing better. Aberdeen are one such team at this exact moment. 

Obviously if he was a FFC fan, I would expect him to go as far as he can with us (realistically SPL) before moving on.

We have been on the crest of a wave before when the rug was pulled!!

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Any plans for later today @Bainsfordbairn?

Camera Photo GIF - Camera Photo Photography - Discover & Share GIFs

No, there's nothing in the diary until a trip to Montrose on Saturday. Which I'm quite happy about as the last five days have been busy with other club jobs. 

Though if and when that changes I obviously won't be able to comment. 

Edited by Bainsfordbairn