The Falkirk FC Thread

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

*shrugs*

Anyone who judges him on 17 games 5 years ago, when he was 17/18, is a moron. I imagine hes raw as f**k still because hes spent so long at U23 level, but he was more than fine in the MLS and seemingly would've signed permanently for Toronto after his loan deal if Covid hadn't caused issues.

Couldn't get a game for Toronto,I'm pleased he's at St Johnstone 😉

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

Couldn't get a game for Toronto,I'm pleased he's at St Johnstone 😉

He only missed 3 games in his time there.

Interestingly he claims he had hamstring issues at the end of his time at Falkirk but had to play through them to impress scouts.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Interestingly he claims he had hamstring issues at the end of his time at Falkirk but had to play through them to impress scouts.

He was our only left back after Leahy left, Liam Henderson was at the club too but neither were ready to play. Sure we ended up shoehorning Jordon McGhee out to left back until we got Robson in.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Lot of sub apps at torontothough.  His problem when he was with us was that he couldn't tackle. Got torn to shreds by any winger with pace.  Wasn't a patch on Kingsley who came along before him.

Literally everybody wishes him well, but we all saw what we saw back then... and it was surprising he got a move to Liverpool of all places.

I see he got caught out in a very poor manner for the winning goal against Kelty at the weekend, so maybe his defensive side still needs work.

I think everyone was pleasantly surprised a club like Liverpool came in for him, considering our other young players were going to lower end premierleague sides (eg Swansea) or championship clubs at best. And there were quite a few better prospects than Gallagher - Wallace, Kingsley & Fulton to name a couple. Obviously I hoped he would really kick on and Liverpool would sell him for millions which we would get a % of, but wasnt to be and I'm not surprised he's ended up somewhere like St Johnstone tbh 

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Nice of RandomGuy to come and tell us what we were seeing 4 years ago because a 22 year old has now signed for his team.....

Glad to have had all of my delusional, feverish and conpletely wrong memories of that time put right.

What?

Not once have I claimed your opinions on Gallachers time at Falkirk are wrong. All I'm saying is that anyone whos writing him off just now, when hes 5 years older and has more senior experience, based on that, is a moron.

Players can improve over time, especially between 17 and 22.

He was targeted as the weak link by every team we played. Williamson when at Dunfermline ripped him to shreads, we drew an away game at Brechin 1-1 when Brechin were abysmal, their goalkeeper came into our work for some reason the following week, and we had a chat about the game, and even Brechin viewed him as a weakness and target. However he got a break, but it hasn’t worked out. Personally I didn’t think he was a left back and might have been more suited in left Midfield. 

42 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

5 starts out of 13 and only completed 90 mins once, sounds a success 🙂

Gallacher isn't gonna say I wasn't up to it at first team level,  He had tackling and blocking issues with his time in our first team,but he stuck out like a sore thumb in the reserves but so did Ryan Blair. 

As it's been said, it was a complete wow Liverpool came in for him but they obviously seen something in him at reserve football. 

Edited by MrDust

Just now, MrDust said:

Gallacher isn't gonna say I wasn't up to it at first team level,  He had tackling and blocking issues with his time in our first team.

He was a 17yo left back in a shite side m8.

We're going around in circles here now. Lets just see how he gets on.

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Wasn't he at fault for the Kelty goal? I hope he does well but he wasn't very good for us.

Not really. From our own corner he gets a ball pelted back to him while an opponent is about 2 yards off him, which unsurprisingly ends with his punt bouncing off the player and going free, then the rest of our team have allowed Kallum Higginbotham to sprint the length of the pitch unmarked.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He was a 17yo left back in a shite side m8.

We're going around in circles here now. Lets just see how he gets on.

He was 18 when he left and we didn't win a league game with him starting that season, then we took him out and win two on the bounce.

Lucky omen too for Toronto in similar manner.....

Edited by MrDust