The Falkirk FC Thread

57 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Agent Yogi will send the Pars down. He's not even being subtle about it, signing dross like Chalmers and even paying money for him

Ayr fans can't believe they've got rid of Chalmers, think he's rank rotten.

Edited by Syd Puddefoot

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

They've apparently got a few trialists playing hopefully we're taking a look at a few players as well. Just listened to Yogi's interview on signing Joe Chalmers and he hasn't changed a bit. Talking about Chalmers having 'a wonderful habit of passing to someone in the same jersey' was a personal highlight.

Aye and the usual pish about him being a player that likes to puff his chest out.🤣🤣

28 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Ayr fans can't believe they've got rid of Chalmers, think he's rank rotten.

Won’t forget Holt signing him when we had the best LB in the league. Promptly got injured and was never seen again. Another great Holt signing 

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

If my similar memory is right, I thought he had a short term 3 month contract or maybe a month and after that game we gave him a three year contract. 

Livvy had raided us taking Keith, Crabbe and Hagen, I'm sure it was reported they were interested in Craig after that game too. 

All of it done while they emptied the Lottery winner, and realised there was no punishments for running up massive debt and then refusing to honour them.

They remain the only “club” to use administration as a business model to spend money they didn’t have. Dundee followed the same model, but the Launderers were the first to use it.

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Won’t forget Holt signing him when we had the best LB in the league. Promptly got injured and was never seen again. Another great Holt signing 

Money available, the league begging to be taken, and he signs Chalmers, plays him out of position, and we miss out.

Some boy, wee Holty. 

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Money available, the league begging to be taken, and he signs Chalmers, plays him out of position, and we miss out.

Some boy, wee Holty. 

Really is quite bewildering that he got another gig with our club.

Serial failure.

I am so glad to see that most posters are now bracketing Holt and Sheerin together re: the damage that they have caused our club. A lot of posters initially thought that Sheerin was Holt's patsy or poodle but I don't think that was ever the case. They are equally culpable. 

A pox on both their houses.

14 minutes ago, MetalWolf said:

think that was someone on the wind up going by the comment i saw that in on COYB.  Wonder if we will get any info on the game from the club being its obv known about.

I doubt they’ll advertise it. It’s likely Rennie will mention it in his pre match interview 

What's the deal with Wighton, in my eyes he was by far your best striker so it's odd yous have loaned him out to Arbroath.
Writing was on the wall for him as soon as Grant got the gig. Was always going to stick with Ohara as he was his golden boy first season at Alloa and then we he signed Todorov he was always going to get preference. The 3 of them played at the same time (disastrous, ridiculous decision making by the manager) in some games T the start of the season then he fell out of favour. Change in manager didn't help either but scored in the abandoned game at Rugby Park just before Xmas.

I hope there's still a future for him here but can't really see it. When he came to us last January he quickly became the best striker at the club (ahead of mcmanus and ohara) and scored some unreal goals. The 4-3 game against Arbroath to secure the play offs he was absolutely unplayable.

A shame really.