The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, BudBairn said:

Still gives me goosebumps, the only thing thats ever come close to that day was peter grants equaliser in the scots cup final and Bob McHugh last minute v hibs.

Lee Miller should have had a penalty in that game.

Yes he should. He also hit the bar. Amazing day. 

31 minutes ago, Russ said:

We’re a mid table League 1 team that probably offers around £500 per week or around about that mark. If anyone actually thinks we can get the likes of Scott Allan or players like that who are on thousands per week are fucking deluded.

Annoyed that we missed out on McGinn. He might still have been able to do a job and would be cover for Morrison.

Was rewatching the highlights from that day just now, a few thoughts:

- Playing with 3 centre forwards (Coyle, Miller and Samuel) is totally unheard of in modern football

- Phil Stamp, the Hearts star man, looks about 18 stone. Surely that teams wasn’t third in the SPL?

- Number 3 Steven Rennie. Is he related to our manager? 

- I notice we were shooting towards the hope street end in the first half which was not the usual practice at Brockville. Did Hearts win the toss and flip us around? 

Whilst its a bit annoying to be this late in January and still waiting, we have won 2 of our January games, Airdrie away would be a tough match even if we had reinforcements. I am slowly coming round to the idea, based on ATS, Kabia, Watson and the departures, that Rennie is doing this in a fairly surgical way.

Montrose away needs 1 or 2 more but then thats the last game of the window anyway, so really we should expect business conculded this week.

So far, frustration is giving way to hope for me.

I think Rennie already knows who is coming.

Rennie said before the East Fife game he was 'looking forward to getting some more announcements' That suggests at least 3 players to me, one of which was Watson

He also put an emphasis on not just signing anyone, as I'm sure he's very aware with Holt's recruitment just how wrong it's possible to get it 

It did sound like we were already in negotiation with these targets so hopefully we can get a couple more in before the Montrose game 

Holt is probably too scared to look at the changes (and improvements) since the day and minute he left the club. It will be a subject he will try to avoid completely.

Sheerin on the other hand will see it as the fruit of his hard work, but will be a bit annoyed that winning games is only being achieved by scoring goals rather than by controlling territory.

20 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Rennie said before the East Fife game he was 'looking forward to getting some more announcements' That suggests at least 3 players to me, one of which was Watson

He also put an emphasis on not just signing anyone, as I'm sure he's very aware with Holt's recruitment just how wrong it's possible to get it 

It did sound like we were already in negotiation with these targets so hopefully we can get a couple more in before the Montrose game 

Maybe he was hoping to move some out the way and those would be other announcements he is looking forward to!

Maybe he was hoping to move some out the way and those would be other announcements he is looking forward to!

Honestly can’t see anyone else taking some of the bottom of the barrel jobbers we’ve got in our squad. Unless we pay them up they’re here until the end of their contracts.

25 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Supposedly another bounce game against Dunfermline today (going by one of the facebook groups).

I'd imagine they'll leave Paul Watson out of it...

Paul Watson is not available today as he has a hairdressers appointment.

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Fair enough. So I was wrong with both the scorer and the number he netted. It's no fun getting old when the memory fails. 

I just remember him turning the game around and getting a contract off the back of it. I think. Maybe. 😔

If my similar memory is right, I thought he had a short term 3 month contract or maybe a month and after that game we gave him a three year contract. 

Livvy had raided us taking Keith, Crabbe and Hagen, I'm sure it was reported they were interested in Craig after that game too. 

33 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Supposedly another bounce game against Dunfermline today (going by one of the facebook groups).

I'd imagine they'll leave Paul Watson out of it...

They've apparently got a few trialists playing hopefully we're taking a look at a few players as well. Just listened to Yogi's interview on signing Joe Chalmers and he hasn't changed a bit. Talking about Chalmers having 'a wonderful habit of passing to someone in the same jersey' was a personal highlight.