The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Steven Craig only scored once that day, the lasting memory of that game was my mate left at halftime, we were woeful the first half.

IMG_20220125_090747.jpg

Fair enough. So I was wrong with both the scorer and the number he netted. It's no fun getting old when the memory fails. 

I just remember him turning the game around and getting a contract off the back of it. I think. Maybe. 😔

6 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Fair enough. So I was wrong with both the scorer and the number he netted. It's no fun getting old when the memory fails. 

I just remember him turning the game around and getting a contract off the back of it. I think. Maybe. 😔

He scored a winner (or equaliser) against Livingston at Brockville. It might have even been the same season. 

Edit: Livingston signed them both shortly afterwards too, didn’t they?

Edited by Hughsie

He scored a winner (or equaliser) against Livingston at Brockville. It might have even been the same season. 

Edit: Livingston signed them both shortly afterwards too, didn’t they?
They just hoovered the talent from each league as they went through back then.

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

As a physicist, I really should point out that perhaps Deans was attempting to quote the genius Paul Dirac, discoverer of antimatter, that night.

After giving a talk one day, a member of the audience said "I don't understand the equation at the top of the board there". Dirac said nothing for the longest time until the host asked him if he would answer the question.

"That wasn't a question, it was a statement" he replied.

Isn't Dirac more famous for his equation?

We’re a mid table League 1 team that probably offers around £500 per week or around about that mark. If anyone actually thinks we can get the likes of Scott Allan or players like that who are on thousands per week are fucking deluded.

19 years ago today we pumped Hearts 4 nil in the SC
What an afternoon that was.

Still gives me goosebumps, the only thing thats ever come close to that day was peter grants equaliser in the scots cup final and Bob McHugh last minute v hibs.

Lee Miller should have had a penalty in that game.

13 hours ago, Russ said:

Tom Dallison
Scott Harrison
Patrick Brough
Ciaran McKenna
Paul Dixon
William Edjenguele
Gregor Buchanan
Mark Durnan
Lewis Toshney
Ben Hall
Gary Miller
Sean Kelly
Kyle McClelland
Lewis Neilson
Brad McKay
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair
MacKenzie Lemon

I think that’s every player that we’ve signed and has played at least 1 game at centre back for us since we released Paul Watson. A truly absolutely fucking disgusting list.

Grim reading bar the boy Neilson