The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Funnily enough, I was thinking Simon Murray the other day. He doesn’t seem to even be on the bench for Queens. Presume he must be injured, would take him in a heartbeat. 

The Simon Murray of his hibs, Dundee united days you’d bite your hand off at league 1 level but unfortunately the serious knee injury he picked up playing in South Africa where he was out 15 months has really hampered him. From what I’ve been told there’s a real possibility that he’s going to be out for the rest of the season and hasn’t played since early December since injuring himself against Montrose 

Prior to injuring himself, since that game where he scored at Falkirk, he’s genuinely been dire for a lot of games. Very likeable player with his effort but he just doesn’t justify anywhere near his probable high wages for this level. It’s a real shame as I was expecting him to hit the heights of Goodwillie, megginson etc this season 

3 hours ago, alonso said:

I heard 2 names at Xmas, one was DGW, which although it hasn't come off yet doesn't appear to be due to the lack of trying. Time is certainly running out for the other but if we were to somehow get it over the line, there would be a lot of happy punters out there... a real coup!!!

The Morrison rumour may well be setting the wheels in motion to finally make it happen?

Scott Robinson? 

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Still wouldn’t want him back though……

Ach, he scored against Celtic at the week-end, so that’s a nice end to his final season as a player.

As a physicist, I really should point out that perhaps Deans was attempting to quote the genius Paul Dirac, discoverer of antimatter, that night.

After giving a talk one day, a member of the audience said "I don't understand the equation at the top of the board there". Dirac said nothing for the longest time until the host asked him if he would answer the question.

"That wasn't a question, it was a statement" he replied.

10 hours ago, FFC1965 said:

Just for a bit of fun given the novelty of Kabia's double on Saturday, I went trawling on bettermeddle to see how many Bairns players I could find who got 2 (or more) goals on their League debut.  So far I've found four - a couple are more recent than Id imagined.  There might easily be others I've missed 

B Hall (!) https://bettermeddle.org.uk/archive/match.php?season=2020&id=322&type=1 but that was v Forfar so didnt count

L Longridge (2nd spell) https://bettermeddle.org.uk/archive/match.php?season=2018&id=319&type=1 when we papped DUFC 6-1

M Higdon https://bettermeddle.org.uk/archive/match.php?season=2008&id=301&type=1  opening day thrashing of Gretna at Fir Park

"Half Chance" Charlie Lytwyn went one better with a league debut hatrick v Ayr Utd in 1985 https://bettermeddle.org.uk/archive/match.php?season=1986&id=202&type=1

Once you go pre transfer window of course a player could have made their debut any old time, maybe some other older Bairns will remember debut doubles or hatricks.  

Pretty sure Gareth Hutchison scored a double as a trialist against Livingston, turned the game around and promptly got a contract from Alex Totten. 

Pretty sure Gareth Hutchison scored a double as a trialist against Livingston, turned the game around and promptly got a contract from Alex Totten. 
Off the bench as I recall. Cant remember if he had signed or not so will bow to you on that.

I was in cooperage lane for some bizarre reason that day, and hence got my wee early teenage face in the papers going tonto when the third went in.

A great game.

46 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Off the bench as I recall. Cant remember if he had signed or not so will bow to you on that.

I was in cooperage lane for some bizarre reason that day, and hence got my wee early teenage face in the papers going tonto when the third went in.

A great game.

That was Steven Craig wasn't it?

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Steven Craig only scored once that day, the lasting memory of that game was my mate left at halftime, we were woeful the first half.

IMG_20220125_090747.jpg