The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Luca Connell would be an excellent signing but it's a no from me on Simon Murray. Proper workhouse and an absolute nuisance for defences but he  can't finish to save himself which is why he's still at this level.

He’s also an annoying, ugly c**t! 

I honestly wouldn’t tire of punching that face

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Luca Connell would be an excellent signing but it's a no from me on Simon Murray. Proper workhouse and an absolute nuisance for defences but he  can't finish to save himself which is why he's still at this level.

Is Connell out of favour at QP? He's there for the season I'm sure.

Just now, ShaggerG said:

It's not absurd for players to be recalled then loaned out to another team. Could be we're signing him from Celtic on a permanent deal. Unlikely but you never know.

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I think he was one of the guys that Shadwell felt would 'guarantee 20 goals a season'. He's managed 5 so far I think.

If he stayed fit being the main question mark . 10 goals in 18 starts at qp would say he'd get pretty close to 20 in a full season. Unfortunately for him hes as reliable on that front as Williamson these days.

5 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Connell should be one of if not the best player in the league but perhaps Celtic wouldn’t be too happy at him being at a club that still doesn’t have a manager since sacking Ellis. 

Doubt it would happen with his apparent wage packet being a hefty one also. 

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

….and yet he scored a scorcher against us that ended up being the difference between us when we looked decent earlier this season….

And missed an absolute sitter in that game too. He makes himself about 3+ chances a game and fires them all straight down the goalkeepers puss.

8 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Murray would be a good option for us to have upfront imo. Certainly an upgrade on Keena.

Connell would be an excellent signing on paper but I’m not sure we really need another playmaker as such. I’d take him as a replacement for Nesbitt/Morrison though.

He's what football manager would call a deep lying playmaker. Lovely left foot that he uses to spray the ball around the pitch. Also takes a decent set piece & scores the odd worldie.

Probably not going to happen but i'll be frothing at the gash if it does.

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

He's what football manager would call a deep lying playmaker. Lovely left foot that he uses to spray the ball around the pitch. Also takes a decent set piece & scores the odd worldie.

Probably not going to happen but i'll be frothing at the gash if it does.

Would be good alongside a new DM then to allow Telfer to play in behind the strikers.

Just now, ebobsboy said:

What about McInroy the lad Airdrie had on loan, he looked a decent player. 

He played a game in the challenge cup for Celtic this season which may stop him from playing with any other club this season. Out of contract in the  summer but I'd imagine he'll have a fair few options.