The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:

Don't think it's the same Watson that left you. Was fine last season but was miles off it this. The 3 skudding by Arbroath in August a particular lowlight for Him, utterly hopeless.

Can't really blame him for that game he was playing against Anton bloody Dowds!

Guest Ecosse83
Just now, FFC 1876 said:

How many boners should I expect? Asking for a friend...

Another 1 today and an absolutely massive boner if we pulled the other target off 😍

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Signing a certain player aside, the sooner we get this “Falkirk family” club tag in the bin the better. We didn’t have that until the last 6/7 years and was always too close to the “Celtic Family” nonsense for my liking.

We had an academy & community teams way before that tagline was banded about so it’s not needed. Focus on Saturday between 3-4.45 and everything else fits into place. 

I'm not just throwing out PR jargon. When I mean family club I mean a team I wouldn't think twice about taking my kids to watch. The worst thing you'll hear at a Falkirk game is some swearing. Wont have to explain why someone's getting called a 'f*nian' or why some fat blokes dishing out Nazi salutes. We sign a rapist and that's all away, we're just as bad as the dregs. 

2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Don't think it's the same Watson that left you. Was fine last season but was miles off it this. The 3 skudding by Arbroath in August a particular lowlight for Him, utterly hopeless.

In fairness we are used to that given Alston and Rory Loy as 2 examples but our current defence is shambolic so it is still an upgrade.

3 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

He had his mind on his upcoming holiday to be fair.

Guest TedCrilly

I never really rated Watson during his first spell. He was an average Championship defender who I felt was never commanding enough in the air. Saying that, he is a far better defender than Hall and McKay combined so a very welcomed addition at this moment in time. Welcome home etc.