The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Sad that the possibility of having to pack in following the team I've watched since I was about 10 because of some fat 33 year old creep from the raploch scoring a few goals for Clyde potentially entices us chuck out the reputation of being family club.

+1. Pure speculation atm though

Signing a certain player aside, the sooner we get this “Falkirk family” club tag in the bin the better. We didn’t have that until the last 6/7 years and was always too close to the “Celtic Family” nonsense for my liking.

We had an academy & community teams way before that tagline was banded about so it’s not needed. Focus on Saturday between 3-4.45 and everything else fits into place. 

12 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0bh96hm/scottish-cup-facts-episode-1

Some footage of the infamous multi-cancelled Inverness game from 1979, 4 mins in

Kingsmills!

Too young to attend that one, but I used to spend many a happy 80's Saturday afternoon there watching the Jaggies.

9 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Signing a certain player aside, the sooner we get this “Falkirk family” club tag in the bin the better. We didn’t have that until the last 6/7 years and was always too close to the “Celtic Family” nonsense for my liking.

We had an academy & community teams way before that tagline was banded about so it’s not needed. Focus on Saturday between 3-4.45 and everything else fits into place. 

I totally agree with this. Never heard anyone say “let’s go support Falkirk, they’re a nice family club”

Doesnt really matter to me what shape "dont sign a rapist" takes. Call it something else if you want. In the end of the day, its not a lot to ask. The huge majority of people dont go about raping folk, sign some of them.

Having time to digest the Keena news today, I am beginning to have more confidence in Rennie.  Obviously no point trying to keep a player who doesn't want to play for us, but nevertheless it's a proactive decision to let one of our better players (i.e. not totally useless) go.  ATS looks to be a decent signing and Kabia is probably at the high end of a loan we could have hoped for.  More confidence that who ever comes in / leaves next till to a good call.

49 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Kingsmills!

Too young to attend that one, but I used to spend many a happy 80's Saturday afternoon there watching the Jaggies.

Remember getting on the bus on way home from school and a bloke told me we had won 4-0. I remember punching the air and getting a right look from the guy. Must have been a Sevco man 

42 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

An awful lot more speculation than usual, fuelled by board statements, a missing No 9 shirt, media speculation and an awful lot of “in the knows”.
Can only hope Clyde price us out tbh….

Or we sign someone who is completely left field like we did on Friday 

Hard to argue with that assessment.  I remember another player (Andy Thomson)who we brought to the club (at the end of his career) who had the same attributes. The difference with him and Keena was he played in a decent side and got plenty of service.
Must have been nice playing upfront with Darryl Duffy buzzing around beside you. 
Don't forget Danny McBreen, #GoalMachine!

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

Case is still the same for me, if Goodwillies in, I'm out, can chuck your season ticket money and FSS subscription in the bin. Wont be back. 

I'll never understand why Chelsea fans are happy with Marcus Alonso in their team either. Just as a thread to this topic that is getting old now. 

Very rarely disagreed with letting players go the past few years but we've really struggled to bring in better replacements.

ATS looks ok enough and Kabia obviously had an amazing debut, we badly need 2 centre halves and an upgrade on Miller/Telfer (or both) for CM or we'll be on a hiding to nothing.

Rennie/Miller will be all too aware of this though and i'm just hoping they're able to get in the quality we desperately need. 

10 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Very rarely disagreed with letting players go the past few years but we've really struggled to bring in better replacements.

ATS looks ok enough and Kabia obviously had an amazing debut, we badly need 2 centre halves and an upgrade on Miller/Telfer (or both) for CM or we'll be on a hiding to nothing.

Rennie/Miller will be all too aware of this though and i'm just hoping they're able to get in the quality we desperately need. 

An upgrade on Miller definitely needed but I’d be astonished if we could do better than Telfer in this league.

He’ll be in the championship next season whether we go up or not imo.

11 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

It’s not a case of replacing Telfer. It’s getting someone to play along side him that can let him do what he does best

7 minutes ago, Rocco said:

It’s not a case of replacing Telfer. It’s getting someone to play along side him that can let him do what he does best

I think Telfer's form has dropped recently TBH although I'd absolutely want him to stay. I also think that Garry Miller did well enough on Saturday, first half at least. It was hard for my old eyes to see if he was responsible for any of the erratic defending that went on once he moved to CH in the 2nd half though.