The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, FFC1965 said:

Keena wouldn't have been my 1st choice of this squad to be shown the door but reality is that there wasn't one player that Id have been genuinely disappointed to see going.  Presumably Keena is being moved on to make room for a replacement.  

Good luck to him - Keena was the proverbial "scorer of great goals, but not a great scorer of goals" .  I wish him well but I'm not concerned that our season will end up any worse for him not being there.  The gamble to bring Kabia in (& on) has paid off for now. 

I'll take a lucky General in Rennie over Private Pike in Sheerin anyday.            

If he wanted to go back to Ireland better not standing in his way and having him moping about.  Shame we couldn't have swapped him for the boy they have transferred to st Johnstone.

11 minutes ago, Rugby Is Terrible said:

Phew. That’s great to hear from a genuine ITK poster. I think as long as the board are leaking the information to the correct people and not all and sundry we’re onto a winner.

Man who says there are no leaks, leaks that he's been told we aren't in for a target that was leaked weeks ago 🤔😆

A little disappointed if Keena is away but in reality he just never kicked on, spent much of his time either injured or un-fancied (albeit by largely shite managers).

20/21:  7 starts - 1 sub - 1 goal

21/22: 8 starts - 13 subs - 5 goals *

* 2 from open play 

You need your strikers to hit the ground running like Dowds and Kabia, having guys that take half a season to get going like Keena or Ruth just isn't going to cut it in a Falkirk jersey in league 1. Though tbf the latter two spent much of their time up front on their own, completely isolated.

When looking back at the goals he did score there is clearly a player in there, but can fully see why Rennie has moved him on. Would wish him the best for the rest of his career. 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

21 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Hard to argue with that assessment.  I remember another player (Andy Thomson)who we brought to the club (at the end of his career) who had the same attributes. The difference with him and Keena was he played in a decent side and got plenty of service.

Must have been nice playing upfront with Darryl Duffy buzzing around beside you. 

I heard they are still trying to agree a fee with Clyde.  We want to pay in installments and add-ons whilst Clyde want more up front.

Whoa! Were you not the first to discredit this story when it broke? Are you now saying this is a genuine possibility that DGW is headed our way?…

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Whoa! Were you not the first to discredit this story when it broke? Are you now saying this is a genuine possibility that DGW is headed our way?…

I said until I heard it from someone gen I wouldn't give it any credence. That doesn't mean I can't change my mind once I have more information to hand.  

47 minutes ago, Rugby Is Terrible said:

Phew. That’s great to hear from a genuine ITK poster. I think as long as the board are leaking the information to the correct people and not all and sundry we’re onto a winner. 

^^^ Raging his mates have been hunted…

I said until I heard it from someone gen I wouldn't give it any credence. That doesn't mean I can't change my mind once I have more information to hand.  

So just to be clear here, you’ve jumped ship and now believe what everyone was already telling you.

25 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

A little disappointed if Keena is away but in reality he just never kicked on, spent much of his time either injured or un-fancied (albeit by largely shite managers).

20/21:  7 starts - 1 sub - 1 goal

21/22: 8 starts - 13 subs - 5 goals *

* 2 from open play 

You need your strikers to hit the ground running like Dowds and Kabia, having guys that take half a season to get going like Keena or Ruth just isn't going to cut it in a Falkirk jersey in league 1. Though tbf the latter two spent much of their time up front on their own, completely isolated.

When looking back at the goals he did score there is clearly a player in there, but can fully see why Rennie has moved him on. Would wish him the best for the rest of his career. 

Seldom would be a good name for Keena. He's still got a half decent reputation in the game that we can move him on. Can't say the same for Wilson and Ompreon.

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

No sign of the Keena story on the Official Site yet, which seems strange given that Sligo have announced it as well as the Irish edition of the Sun.

Sligo haven't officially announced it. Given the only article about it came from the Irish Sun and spelled his name wrong I doubt its finalised yet. But looking likely it's true.

3 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

No sign of the Keena story on the Official Site yet, which seems strange given that Sligo have announced it as well as the Irish edition of the Sun.

I don’t think Sligo have announced it as far as I can see.

3 minutes ago, Rocco said:

We’ve now announced it. Says contract mutually terminated so doesn’t look like a fee involved

Maybe don't want clubs knowing we're flush with the navy blue pound💰I'd imagine they've at least paid him out his contract.