The Falkirk FC Thread

There was a delayed nativity service at my church this morning, hopefully that means Santa will be along soon to leave us a couple of Defenders and a hard cnut for the middle of the park!  Is ask for him to take McKay and Hetheringron away with him but doubt there's enough space in his sleigh for that amount of shite!

38 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Nah....Hartley's collection will win that title forever I expect 

Pep can't get a tune out of £100M Grealish.

So many of our players had an off day yesterday, it happens at every club in the world, it's a skill to win games in these times and although we are not league contenders every team who wins a league this season will have games like we had yesterday and won, for us it's all about a play off position and just maybe those 2 or 3pts will be crucial.

By fuk Martin was a contender for mom, showing how many were off.

He's been constantly injured at Dundee so wouldn't read that much into it. I'd take a fit Jakubiak back but the injury record seems like a gamble if he was available.

The biggest change in the Dumbarton and Airdrie (2nd half)games was the pace in the team, yesterday that was lacking, perhaps due to East Fifes tactics or our personnel. I'm pretty sure it will be looked into and with a few new faces, we hopefully will get the balance right. 

To be fair one of those injuries he can't really be blamed for considering he was attacked on a night out in Dundee which resulted in him needing surgery on his shoulder. Out of contract in the summer also, bring the man home. 

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

Don't think Keenas a guy we should be punting. He pulled up early yesterday, not like he's been completely rubbish the full time. 

It would be a no brainer for me if we could get an experienced striker in as opposed to a guy who at best contributes the odd good set piece.

I don’t get the love in from some at all- he generally contributes absolutely nothing. I suspect he was taken off yesterday as he wasn’t involved in play at all rather than injury.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

Guest TedCrilly

I’d be happy with Dowds, Kabia, Keena and Morrison as our forwards from now and until the end of the season. It would rule out Goodwillie also. Priority for this week coming needs to be sorting out the defence and midfield.

Edited by TedCrilly

They are all crap. Keena just appears to be very popular amongst a section of our fan base.

According to the young team yesterday he has a massive c*ck, not sure if that is a reason for his popularity.[emoji23]
As far as the playing side is concerned I think he has the ability to score goals, but his application on the pitch is very questionable, not sure how his performance is in training.

30 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

According to the young team yesterday he has a massive c*ck, not sure if that is a reason for his popularity.
As far as the playing side is concerned I think he has the ability to score goals, but his application on the pitch is very questionable, not sure how his performance is in training.

Keena's a natural finisher. We won't see him missing many sitters. It's true that his playing style is somewhat 'relaxed' but I think he works a lot harder than some, well, one in particular, make out. I thought Dowds was poor yesterday which was hopefully just an off day, but I'd like to give him and Kabia a shot up front next week with Keena being available from the bench.

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

Nah....Hartley's collection will win that title forever I expect 

Pep can't get a tune out of £100M Grealish.

So many of our players had an off day yesterday, it happens at every club in the world, it's a skill to win games in these times and although we are not league contenders every team who wins a league this season will have games like we had yesterday and won, for us it's all about a play off position and just maybe those 2 or 3pts will be crucial.

By fuk Martin was a contender for mom, showing how many were off.

He's been constantly injured at Dundee so wouldn't read that much into it. I'd take a fit Jakubiak back but the injury record seems like a gamble if he was available.

The biggest change in the Dumbarton and Airdrie (2nd half)games was the pace in the team, yesterday that was lacking, perhaps due to East Fifes tactics or our personnel. I'm pretty sure it will be looked into and with a few new faces, we hopefully will get the balance right. 

Not sure about an off day , we played much the same as we played against Clyde a couple of games before but fortunately we were playing a worse side and we had a boy who could finish. 

The really interesting thing with a combination of Dowds and Kiaba is that defences in this league won’t really have come up with a goal scoring combo like them. Dowds scores 4 in the last three games, Kiaba scores two on his debut. Both over 6’, both carry an aerial threat. 
That’s all well and good, but they need the service. If they get it, they just might be the goal machine we need to counter the concede machine at the other end of the park.

Now get Hall and McKay replaced by competent defenders, and yes, we might start to gain a big chunk of momentum, and that’s a difficult thing to stop at this point in the season.

Not only do we have to be better than QP, we have to be better than whatever sits in 9th place in the Championship.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

There is a post on the Airdrie thread where some tit attempts to excuse Airdrie fans giving Nazi salutes!

His argument is it’s acceptable because they’ve always done it.

Scummy wee club.

They have a really bad element amongst their support, very right wing and staunch as feck. 

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The really interesting thing with a combination of Dowds and Kiaba is that defences in this league won’t really have come up with a goal scoring combo like them. Dowds scores 4 in the last three games, Kiaba scores two on his debut. Both over 6’, both carry an aerial threat. 
That’s all well and good, but they need the service. If they get it, they just might be the goal machine we need to counter the concede machine at the other end of the park.

Now get Hall and McKay replaced by competent defenders, and yes, we might start to gain a big chunk of momentum, and that’s a difficult thing to stop at this point in the season.

Not only do we have to be better than QP, we have to be better than whatever sits in 9th place in the Championship.

Been a few years since weve had the now possible duo of two six footers starting upfront, after a pathetic return from our first half season, surely we’ll add too in a very positive way. 
As said in post it’s the all service/support that’s now critical, and interesting to see how We set up on Saturday.

Same old - and getting passed off saying - can we get our back four sorted.

Can only hope our manager can conjure/magic up a couple of Hughes/Baptie CBs.

Hope you have a good week Martin, it may just go down in history…..     

You know what really annoys me about football fans, comments like this:

“Am I the only one who sees we need better defenders?”

”Why hasn’t the manager signed any defenders? That is where we are weak”

Some of our fans are absolutely mental 😂

4 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Disregarding the tongue in cheek posts above I wonder if we are in for Paul Watson?

Some of the dregs of the Championship (Ayr, QoS, Hamilton) supposed to be sniffing around him.

You'd like to hope we are, at 31 he's still got a fair few years in him. Was never outstanding but he's definitely a fair few levels above what we currently have.

Watching the highlights again and surprised no one has commented just how good a cross it was from McGuffie for the first goal.
Ironically it’s the one forward area I think we are weakest on. But a few more like that from him and I’d be happy to see him continue to start…..

Kaiba was totally left field, so if we do bring in one or two defensive players, I wouldn’t be in the least bit surprised if it’s players that haven’t appeared on the radar up to now.

I get a sense that MR is most definitely not “one of the boys” a la M&M. Being a bit detached like that can be a huge positive.
I always remember Bobby Lennox saying one of the most impressive things about Jock Stein was that he was never pals with the players, and when he entered the dressing room, everyone just shut up and listened. Command and control was his, and no-one ever questioned it.