The Falkirk FC Thread

Not sure what to expect this week, guess any high excitement/anticipation was ripped away from us after the previous shite ( and now shite) we’ve accumulated by messers RMck, Gipsy and M&M.

Over to you MR & KM ( it’s a bit like Santa we still believe 😉) only if it’s a decent gift !

Edited by Springfield

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Not sure what to expect this week, guess any high excitement/anticipation was ripped away from us after the previous shite ( and now shite) we’ve accumulated by messers RMck, Gipsy and M&M.

Over to you MR & KM ( it’s a bit like Santa we still believe 😉)

Plenty to dig Hartley out for without the racism mucker

37 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Probably the most boring 2-0 win I've ever watched but will take it all day long. 

We were quite poor but as most have said, Rennie wants to keep the morale in the group high, I'm sure he'll have made the team aware at half and full time that we can't play like that every week. 

Martin made a good few saves yesterday but his distribution was far too slow at points. Had plenty chances to counter which came to nothing because he was too slow to get the ball out. 

We seemed to play everything through McGuffie in the first half which would have worked if his crosses were better. He finally got a good one in the second half which got us the first goal. I definitely think McCann is better in that role. 

Rennies signings so far are looking like they've improved the team. We're putting chances away, but we really need Ben Hall and McKay out that team. I have no doubts that if Hall stayed on yesterday we would've conceded. The guy is the biggest liability I've ever seen. Up there with Dallison in the pish spectrum. 

I thought for a split second Hall was going to get a red for the foul on their player in the second half. Kudos to him for taking one for the team otherwise the boy was in on goal. But a few times yesterday especially in the first half they had headers at set pieces with neither him nor McKay anywhere near. 

4 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

For me absolute must haves over the next week are a centre half and defensive mid.

Another centre back who can cover at right back, a goalkeeper and an experienced striker (with Keena and/or Ompreon moving the other way) would also be welcome.

Id rather Keena than Wilson and Ompreon. 

I thought for a split second Hall was going to get a red for the foul on their player in the second half. Kudos to him for taking one for the team otherwise the boy was in on goal. But a few times yesterday especially in the first half they had headers at set pieces with neither him nor McKay anywhere near. 

Taking one for the team? It was his own fault the boy was through on goal. It was yet more idiotic and suicidal defending from him that cussed it.

Think between the 2 of them they won 3 or 4 headers all game when considering they weren’t up against any great height or aerial ability is embarrassing.

They are all crap. Keena just appears to be very popular amongst a section of our fan base.

Definitely not disputing that Keena isn’t good enough but he is infinitely better than Wilson and Ompreon who would struggle for game time in the Lowland League.

I thought GM looked better playing higher up, better distribution.

Perhaps Morrison playing behind Dowds and Kabai. He can't shoot but hopefully Dowds and Kabia can get some knock ins from spills etc.

Looking at QP draw with Clyde, surely we get get 3 points against QP. An early Christmas present would be 3 against Montrose but a draw is more realistic. 

Just now, Russ said:

Definitely not disputing that Keena isn’t good enough but he is infinitely better than Wilson and Ompreon who would struggle for game time in the Lowland League.

But the point is who can be moved on to free up wages. Wilson can’t play for another SPFL club this season and I don’t see Ompreon having many takers. 

That leaves Keena who I imagine will be on a decent wage and would have more interest.

Just now, ebobsboy said:

If you let Keena go then your looking to probably bring two strikers in to cover injuries and suspension, because the thought of your two back ups being the aforementioned Ompreon and Wilson is terrifying. 

If we can bring in an experienced striker to replace Keena we’d have better cover up front than we do now 

3 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

But the point is who can be moved on to free up wages. Wilson can’t play for another SPFL club this season and I don’t see Ompreon having many takers. 

That leaves Keena who I imagine will be on a decent wage and would have more interest.

Any incoming players will have been budgeted for.

Keena is the best of the three (faint praise) so should be retained.

For an awful few seconds yesterday Wilson was warming up to come on.

Need some depth in the squad to keep the wage thieves away from the action.

3 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Any incoming players will have been budgeted for.

Keena is the best of the three (faint praise) so should be retained.

For an awful few seconds yesterday Wilson was warming up to come on.

Need some depth in the squad to keep the wage thieves away from the action.

Exactly but if hypothetically we could use Keena’s wage on an experienced striker instead, that would improve the squad imo.

Ompreon and Wilson will be on buttons, are unlikely to attract much interest and in Wilson’s case can’t go elsewhere.

Keena on the other hand I suspect would have teams interested.

18 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Exactly but if hypothetically we could use Keena’s wage on an experienced striker instead, that would improve the squad imo.

Ompreon and Wilson will be on buttons, are unlikely to attract much interest and in Wilson’s case can’t go elsewhere.

Keena on the other hand I suspect would have teams interested.

Don't think Keenas a guy we should be punting. He pulled up early yesterday, not like he's been completely rubbish the full time. 

Goals aren't an issue for us at the moment, any money should be spent on 2 defenders and a dominating midfielder. 

I'd be happy to see 2 new defenders brought in with next season in mind. Getting them playing together now... forming that partnership.

Always plenty of midfielders available in the summer and again we are light in midfield but our central pairing at the back is the immediate problem. 

Edited by Albertobotswana

20 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Some of these players are a complete embarrassment to the role footballer. I hope Rennie doesn't come out with the great bunch of lads shite again this week. We've had it all season from sheerin and then you recently. They aren't a great bunch of lads they're the biggest bunch of loser shitebags ever to wear the navy blue jersey.

Nah....Hartley's collection will win that title forever I expect 

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not at all as I've said already there are players in the team like miller, Mackay and hall who pep guardiola could improve so we're unfortunately limited till they are replaced with better players.  Biggest concern yesterday though was the sudden lack of real attacking threat from the side. That had certainly improved but yesterday took a step back again just thankfully the young lad managed to take his two chances very well and that was the difference. We're back up to a level where we can beat the dross again which had become a real struggle under sheerin. Now it's time to see how we do against the better sides which we've really struggled to make any impact against. Montrose away will show us where we are currently. Hopefully more bodies in this week .

Pep can't get a tune out of £100M Grealish.

So many of our players had an off day yesterday, it happens at every club in the world, it's a skill to win games in these times and although we are not league contenders every team who wins a league this season will have games like we had yesterday and won, for us it's all about a play off position and just maybe those 2 or 3pts will be crucial.

By fuk Martin was a contender for mom, showing how many were off.

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Jakubiak clearly isn't fancied at Dundee, bring him home. Didn't even make it off the bench yesterday.

He's been constantly injured at Dundee so wouldn't read that much into it. I'd take a fit Jakubiak back but the injury record seems like a gamble if he was available.

The biggest change in the Dumbarton and Airdrie (2nd half)games was the pace in the team, yesterday that was lacking, perhaps due to East Fifes tactics or our personnel. I'm pretty sure it will be looked into and with a few new faces, we hopefully will get the balance right.