The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Good teams win even when playing bad! 
Bow I’m not by any means saying we’re a good team, however, I’d argue that a month or so ago would have seen us come out of that game with a point or less. As has been said, winning breeds confidence and even if it’s not pretty, it’s a nice habit to get into

A week ago we wouldn't have got a result as it was kabia that made all the difference.  I doubt we'll get a result playing that badly next week so we will need to improve greatly. I'm just not convinced that without more new faces we can improve anywhere near enough to get results against teams like Montrose so hopefully new faces at the back this week.

19 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

If he’s available I’d take Lewis Neilson back in a heartbeat. Predominately play RCB but more than capable of shifting to RWB if Williamson was to pull up between now and May.

Would he come back after last season's shambles mind you. Must've been absolutely soul destroying for a young player stuck in that side getting gubbed every week. I'm not sure he'd jump at the chance.

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

No mention of players signings this time. Clearly worried he will upset little snowflakes like yourself again. 

Snowflake 😂😂. You are miles off it. Maybe no mention of signings cos he spoke about that on Friday 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Anyway you’ve now been arguing with me for 2 days and I’m kinda bored.

Well done to the manager yesterday, looking forward to seeing some new arrivals this week. 

24 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I don't think it matters a jot yesterday they were absolutely howfing and if that had been a  week before we would've got a point at best without the young boys brace. Too many of these players just aren't interested in their own performances I'm afraid. These aren't young kids needing confidence they're all experienced players and a good number of them just don't give a f**k.

Players aren’t stupid and with Holt and Co long gone many of them will know it’s the door come May, regardless of length of contracts. Rennie will have targets but from what he’s saying ( and what he’s not saying) these may be difficult in January. As posted he’s still to get a tune out of these incumbents but agree please don’t patronise the fans with after match talk like yesterday. We were absolutely honking and EF can feel aggrieved they never got anything from the game.

Cant believe that after so much shite we’ve still got an outside chance of play offs…..

28 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

A week ago we wouldn't have got a result as it was kabia that made all the difference.  I doubt we'll get a result playing that badly next week so we will need to improve greatly. I'm just not convinced that without more new faces we can improve anywhere near enough to get results against teams like Montrose so hopefully new faces at the back this week.

Absolutely nobody is disagreeing with that. We do have this week to try and sort that though

19 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Snowflake 😂😂. You are miles off it. Maybe no mention of signings cos he spoke about that on Friday 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Anyway you’ve now been arguing with me for 2 days and I’m kinda bored.

Well done to the manager yesterday, looking forward to seeing some new arrivals this week. 

You may well be bored of me, plenty more are bored of you 

Guest TedCrilly
35 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Good teams win even when playing bad! 

Now I’m not by any means saying we’re a good team, however, I’d argue that a month or so ago would have seen us come out of that game with a point or less. As has been said, winning breeds confidence and even if it’s not pretty, it’s a nice habit to get into

I agree; however, I don’t think we can say that about our side quite yet. We’ve only beaten the two worst sides in the division and one being very unconvincingly with a man advantage. Big two weeks ahead of us, feet on the ground and take stock after the two games against QP and Montrose. 4 points would be huge.

5 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

I agree; however, I don’t think we can say that about our side quite yet. We’ve only beaten the two worst sides in the division and one being very unconvincingly with a man advantage. Big two weeks ahead of us, feet on the ground and take stock after the two games against QP and Montrose. 4 points would be huge.

Absolutely. I’m just highlighting that any kind of win boosts confidence. We can’t play like that against the likes of Montrose and expect to get a result but the important thing is the three points

2 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Kabia will replace Keena surely.  Morrison will continue to play more often than not, either out wide or in place of Nesbitt.  

He absolutely can't play as a wing back but it'll be interesting to see how he fairs in behind the strikers. Yesterday might be the last straw for Craig at St Johnstone given he only came on in extra time and they were put out the cup by a league 2 team. Looks to have got a bit spicy in the away end after the match between the players and St Johnstone fans.

Pray to god we see a new centre back and centre mid this week as we'll need them for Montrose.

Thought Dowds was much more subdued yesterday than his first few games back though hopefully he and Kabia can build a strong partnership.  

As others have said, important we don't go into the Montrose game with Hall/McKay/Miller all playing, really needs to be 1 of those at most.  

Not the most urgent change we need to make by a long way but Telfer is really struggling to find any consistent form at the moment.  Hopefully if we can shore up defensively there'll be a wee bit less pressure on him to make things happen and he can start to contribute more threat.  

12 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Thought Dowds was much more subdued yesterday than his first few games back though hopefully he and Kabia can build a strong partnership.  

As others have said, important we don't go into the Montrose game with Hall/McKay/Miller all playing, really needs to be 1 of those at most.  

Not the most urgent change we need to make by a long way but Telfer is really struggling to find any consistent form at the moment.  Hopefully if we can shore up defensively there'll be a wee bit less pressure on him to make things happen and he can start to contribute more threat.  

Telfer really frustrates me, i know we’ve not got the greatest first eleven, but he should be bossing it more often. 

14 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Telfer really frustrates me, i know we’ve not got the greatest first eleven, but he should be bossing it more often. 

He's far too anonymous for the position he plays, whenever he has a good game generally the whole team has looked semi decent. Which has been rare this season. 

54 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Kabia will replace Keena surely.  Morrison will continue to play more often than not, either out wide or in place of Nesbitt.  

Who knows but I would lose a few quid if the new lad and Dowds don’t start up front next week now

I think it'll be an interesting week ahead in terms of signings, fully expect to see more in, Rennie's post match interview was a bit vague regarding Morrison, no mention of injury, covid, suspension, just unavailable. Could be dropped because of attitude or not playing because there is a move imminent. I guess we will find out soon enough. 

Probably the most boring 2-0 win I've ever watched but will take it all day long. 

We were quite poor but as most have said, Rennie wants to keep the morale in the group high, I'm sure he'll have made the team aware at half and full time that we can't play like that every week. 

Martin made a good few saves yesterday but his distribution was far too slow at points. Had plenty chances to counter which came to nothing because he was too slow to get the ball out. 

We seemed to play everything through McGuffie in the first half which would have worked if his crosses were better. He finally got a good one in the second half which got us the first goal. I definitely think McCann is better in that role. 

Rennies signings so far are looking like they've improved the team. We're putting chances away, but we really need Ben Hall and McKay out that team. I have no doubts that if Hall stayed on yesterday we would've conceded. The guy is the biggest liability I've ever seen. Up there with Dallison in the pish spectrum. 

6 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Probably the most boring 2-0 win I've ever watched but will take it all day long. 

We were quite poor but as most have said, Rennie wants to keep the morale in the group high, I'm sure he'll have made the team aware at half and full time that we can't play like that every week. 

Martin made a good few saves yesterday but his distribution was far too slow at points. Had plenty chances to counter which came to nothing because he was too slow to get the ball out. 

We seemed to play everything through McGuffie in the first half which would have worked if his crosses were better. He finally got a good one in the second half which got us the first goal. I definitely think McCann is better in that role. 

Rennies signings so far are looking like they've improved the team. We're putting chances away, but we really need Ben Hall and McKay out that team. I have no doubts that if Hall stayed on yesterday we would've conceded. The guy is the biggest liability I've ever seen. Up there with Dallison in the pish spectrum. 

Dallison was better by a long way.