The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Shadwell, you know that the players are shite, I know that the players are shite, Martin Rennie knows that the players are shite, ok? The thing is though, we are on a public forum and it's ok for us to say that the players are shite. He can't, and shouldn't, no matter what he thinks, it is better to keep the criticism in-house. Remember the furore when Gary Holt criticised 2 of our players in public?

Does noone read my posts properly on here? As I said I don't expect him to criticise them publicly but the bumming them up as great players all season  is simply patronising the support. Better to say feck all about the group os a whole and concentrate on the individuals who deserve praise that  week.  Feck me I don't expect him to come on and say they're shite. I wish folk would read things properly before bloody commenting.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Does noone read my posts properly on here? As I said I don't expect him to criticise them publicly but the bumming them up as great players is simply patronising the support. Better to say feck all about the group os a whole and concentrate on the individuals who deserve praise that  week.  Feck me I don't expect him to come on and say they're shite. I wish folk would read things properly before bloody commenting.

He still needs a tune out of them, he still will have most of them after the window closes. Don’t think he has much option but to praise them publicly to keep them onside and harmony in the camp. Fans are not stupid they know what Rennie is doing. 

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

He still needs a tune out of them, he still will have most of them after the window closes. Don’t think he has much option but to praise them publicly to keep them onside and harmony in the camp. Fans are not stupid they know what Rennie is doing. 

Some fans are stupid m9

13 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

It's made absolutely no difference all season praising them in public no matter how shite they've actually played so it's  going to make feck all difference now.  Players should need to earn praise and not simply get it no matter what dross they put on show.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's made absolutely no difference all season praising them in public no matter how shite they've actually played so it's  going to make feck all difference now.  Players should need to earn praise and not simply get it no matter what dross they put on show.

It makes absolutely no sense for the manager to pubicly start shredding the team performance after they've just won. He said at the end they'll analise the game on another day and see how it went. I'm just astounded we managed a clean sheet with Hall & Mckay at the back. Martin pulling off a few decent saves too.

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

It makes absolutely no sense for the manager to pubicly start shredding the team performance after they've just won. He said at the end they'll analise the game on another day and see how it went. I'm just astounded we managed a clean sheet with Hall & Mckay at the back. Martin pulling off a few decent saves too.

Here we go again read my bloody post. I don't expect him to bloody criticise the bloody players in public.  Honestly. I sometimes wonder if people get past the first word of a post before fecking replying. Read it properly FFS.

Guest TedCrilly

That was a very tough watch yesterday. The Williamson sub really exposed us down the right with young Cammy showing he’s not really good enough quite yet. EF young lad had him on toast. I’d hope we are looking to send the likes of him, Lemon and Weekes out on loan to see what they’re made of.

I thought Martin played well but again his distribution was far too slow especially when our full backs were bombing on to try and press for a counter attack at 1-0. 

Also thought McCann was excellent when he came on. McGuffie is a strange one for me as he is a ghost for 60 minutes but his delivery is excellent and is likely to pop up with an assist. We need to try and find a position for him to be more effective within the game imo.

We won’t be great every week and as Rennie says we just need to keep winning games, that’s all that matters. Hopefully a CM and CB in next week so we don’t need to watch Miller and Hall again. Massive two weeks ahead of us now, which will be a good indicator of where the squad is at.

Edited by TedCrilly

24 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You could argue now it is making a difference as we are seeing better results if not the performances. 
As I said I believe he is going to get more out of players as a unit praising them than not. 

2 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

That was a very tough watch yesterday. The Williamson sub really exposed us down the right with young Cammy showing he’s not really good enough quite yet. EF young lad had him on toast. I’d hope we are looking to send the likes of him, Lemon and Weekes out on loan to see what they’re made of.

I thought Martin played well but again his distribution was far too slow especially when our full backs were bombing on to try and press for a counter attack at 1-0. 

Also thought McCann was excellent when he came on. McGuffie is a strange one for me as he is a ghost for 60 minutes but his delivery is excellent and is likely to pop up with an assist. We need to try and find a position for him to be more effective within the game imo.

We won’t be great every week and as Rennie says we just need to keep winning games, that’s all that matters. Hopefully a CM and CB in next week so we don’t need to watch Miller and Hall again. Massive two weeks ahead of us now.

Absolutely no consistency in our performances at all at the moment. Clyde dreadful. Dumbarton a lot better attack wise but still looked weak at the back. Airdrie dire first half second half picked it up you kind of hoped that they'd take on the second half performance into the east Fife game but no first half was horrific and second wasn't much better.  Couple of good saves from Martin kept us in it and that's against ten men. It's incredible how guys that have nearly all played at higher levels can put out performances like that in league one. Mystifies you how any of them earned a living higher up the league's.

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You could argue now it is making a difference as we are seeing better results if not the performances. 
As I said I believe he is going to get more out of players as a unit praising them than not. 

I don't think it matters a jot yesterday they were absolutely howfing and if that had been a  week before we would've got a point at best without the young boys brace. Too many of these players just aren't interested in their own performances I'm afraid. These aren't young kids needing confidence they're all experienced players and a good number of them just don't give a f**k.

Guest Ecosse83

Keep winning and the performances will come. 

We’re now scoring goals again and the business Rennie has done so far is very promising. I can see momentum coming and I’d get the management team signed up for next season if possible. 

Guest Ecosse83
7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Absolutely no consistency in our performances at all at the moment. Clyde dreadful. Dumbarton a lot better attack wise but still looked weak at the back. Airdrie dire first half second half picked it up you kind of hoped that they'd take on the second half performance into the east Fife game but no first half was horrific and second wasn't much better.  Couple of good saves from Martin kept us in it and that's against ten men. It's incredible how guys that have nearly all played at higher levels can put out performances like that in league one. Mystifies you how any of them earned a living higher up the league's.

With the squad Rennie inherited surely you weren’t expecting him to come in and wave a magic wand and for all to be ok? There’s definite improvement there let’s see where it takes us! 

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I don't think it matters a jot yesterday they were absolutely howfing and if that had been a  week before we would've got a point at best without the young boys brace. Too many of these players just aren't interested in their own performances I'm afraid. These aren't young kids needing confidence they're all experienced players and a good number of them just don't give a f**k.

It was 3 points and as others have said winning builds confidence. I am sure the manager is merely trying to build on that. 
It was poor I agree but it’s a win and all that really matters in the end. 

Guest TedCrilly

If he’s available I’d take Lewis Neilson back in a heartbeat. Predominately play RCB but more than capable of shifting to RWB if Williamson was to pull up between now and May.

58 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Does noone read my posts properly on here? As I said I don't expect him to criticise them publicly but the bumming them up as great players all season  is simply patronising the support. Better to say feck all about the group os a whole and concentrate on the individuals who deserve praise that  week.  Feck me I don't expect him to come on and say they're shite. I wish folk would read things properly before bloody commenting.

I think your contemporaries should put in a bit more effort.

Shadwell is an asset, he's got contacts, your lucky to have him.

God bless him.

5 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

If he’s available I’d take Lewis Neilson back in a heartbeat. Predominately play RCB but more than capable of shifting to RWB if Williamson was to pull up between now and May.

Agreed anything to get Hall out the team, worse than a man down.

Good teams win even when playing bad! 

Now I’m not by any means saying we’re a good team, however, I’d argue that a month or so ago would have seen us come out of that game with a point or less. As has been said, winning breeds confidence and even if it’s not pretty, it’s a nice habit to get into

Edited by Rocco

12 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

With the squad Rennie inherited surely you weren’t expecting him to come in and wave a magic wand and for all to be ok? There’s definite improvement there let’s see where it takes us! 

Not at all as I've said already there are players in the team like miller, Mackay and hall who pep guardiola could improve so we're unfortunately limited till they are replaced with better players.  Biggest concern yesterday though was the sudden lack of real attacking threat from the side. That had certainly improved but yesterday took a step back again just thankfully the young lad managed to take his two chances very well and that was the difference. We're back up to a level where we can beat the dross again which had become a real struggle under sheerin. Now it's time to see how we do against the better sides which we've really struggled to make any impact against. Montrose away will show us where we are currently. Hopefully more bodies in this week .