The Falkirk FC Thread

40 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I think too many people are looking into the managers words. For all we know Morrison may have a personal issue that made him “unavailable”. If it wasn’t for someone posting on the COYB page that he was off, we wouldn’t be speculating like this. 

Yep. Agreed.

I know Morrison has lots of faults but I just find him exciting to watch.

2 hours ago, Rocco said:

I think too many people are looking into the managers words. For all we know Morrison may have a personal issue that made him “unavailable”. If it wasn’t for someone posting on the COYB page that he was off, we wouldn’t be speculating like this. 

The person behind me said he had covid, whereas a friend mentioned Hamilton. Who knows 

Just watched the SC highlights, and thank God that Kelty aren’t in L1 this season, as they would absolutely batter us.

They really look as though they collectively know what they are about. 

5 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Just watched the SC highlights, and thank God that Kelty aren’t in L1 this season, as they would absolutely batter us.

A number of ex Falkirk players on the squad who would raise their game against us. 

Tony Gallacher gifting the ball in the build up

Martin Rennie was quick to slap down Lewis when he said he was being negative about us huffing and puffing.

I think we all get the positives of an away win, but I thought MR could be a bit more accepting of the reality of the performance. MR is right…..we have won two out of three of his games, but equally, the fans aren’t stupid, and we know an awful performance when we see it.

There is no doubt that the introduction of Kaiba and the resurgence of Dowds has us looking more dangerous up front, but the downturn in chances created compared to the last two weeks was pretty massive.

23 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

If they continue with their current level of investment in the squad they will be a very dangerous opponent next season. 

Guest Ecosse83
13 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Martin Rennie was quick to slap Lewis when he said he was being negative about us huffing and puffing.

I think we all get the positives of an away win, but I thought MR could be a bit more accepting of the reality of the performance. MR is right…..we have won two out of three of his games, but equally, the fans aren’t stupid, and we know an awful performance when we see it.

There is no doubt that the introduction of Kaiba and the resurgence of Dowds has us looking more dangerous up front, but the downturn in chances created compared to the last two weeks was pretty massive.

I got the impression that was a bit of a joke between the 2 of them. 

13 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

That EF pitch looks awful

It did. Tbh, it looked like a big roll of the stuff you see in Morrisons at the fruit and veg sections.

Selling Morrison would probably make sense if we're going to persist with the 3-5-2 as he's definitely not suited to playing upfront. Would have to be at least 100k though. No doubt it will just be covid though.

Bang on with the Zak Rudden comparison, doesn't come across as the most intelligent pea in the pod. Hopefully see another few bits of quality in the door this week. One centre back, two centre midfielders and another striker for competition(especially if Morrison's away)

4 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

I think Rennie is very aware of what he says, he knows to get a tune out this lot he has to blow smoke up their arses.

never judge people by their words, but by their actions. Making a sub at half time isn’t the action of a content manager.

Keena either took a knock to his ankle or rolled it,may have been injury that forced the change early.. Regardless of injury the change had to be made 

8 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Some of these players are a complete embarrassment to the role footballer. I hope Rennie doesn't come out with the great bunch of lads shite again this week. We've had it all season from sheerin and then you recently. They aren't a great bunch of lads they're the biggest bunch of loser shitebags ever to wear the navy blue jersey.

You really are a “feckin” clown. 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Selling Morrison would probably make sense if we're going to persist with the 3-5-2 as he's definitely not suited to playing upfront. Would have to be at least 100k though. No doubt it will just be covid though.

There’s no chance we’d get anywhere near £100k for a player who’s been inconsistent at league 1 level. We only got £200k apparently for Will Vaulks who was excellent consistently at the top end of the championship

9 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Some of these players are a complete embarrassment to the role footballer. I hope Rennie doesn't come out with the great bunch of lads shite again this week. We've had it all season from sheerin and then you recently. They aren't a great bunch of lads they're the biggest bunch of loser shitebags ever to wear the navy blue jersey.

Shadwell, you know that the players are shite, I know that the players are shite, Martin Rennie knows that the players are shite, ok? The thing is though, we are on a public forum and it's ok for us to say that the players are shite. He can't, and shouldn't, no matter what he thinks, it is better to keep the criticism in-house. Remember the furore when Gary Holt criticised 2 of our players in public?

10 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

Wow hang on a minute. Please tell me people are not looking into the managers choice of words?? Morrison was unavailable and the manager said he was unavailable. What did you want him to say?

No mention of players signings this time. Clearly worried he will upset little snowflakes like yourself again. 

Pretty shocked we managed to drag 10 minutes of highlights out of that game. 
East Fife TBF clearly had us watched and the diagonals we had been playing the last two weeks were not as effective as they were so deep.

Anyway three points, QP dropped points and we have it in our own hands to get to  the playoffs. Big week ahead. Hopefully players in and out and we can look forward to the rest of the season. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

12 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I’m not Morrison’s biggest fan but I think it’d be a mistake to let him go as we’d struggle to replace him with similar quality 

We already have replaced him with the young lad from Livingston