The Falkirk FC Thread

Think it’s fair to say that the EF game is the last game we can consider ourselves likely to win without major surgery to the defence. 
I really don’t like the thought of the clown car combo of McKay Hall and Miller being given the Montrose gig.

In reality, the EF Montrose and QP games need to be won. When did we last win three on the bounce, and when (if ever) did we get battered 6-0 and then go on to beat that team in the same league season? Probably never (although I do remember us scoring 7 against Clydebank, and then losing the return fixture.

If Mutch is fit enough to be in the squad let’s get him back in. We’d still be left with the same utter shite centre backs but having a keeper that can actually make a save and stops letting the ball slowly roll past him can only help us.

7 hours ago, Russ said:

Assuming he’s been brought in more as a replacement for Declan McDaid so he’ll need to be fucking dreadful to be as a bad a signing as he was. Still young, had a couple of decent spells in the Irish top flight and seemed to have done ok for Livi last year but came back from injury this season and can’t get close to the team.

Also the fact we’ve still got the number 9 free would still suggest another striker to come in as well. We still need our defence rebuilt but good to get a new body into the squad and hopefully quieten down the eye bleeding stuff from the last few days.

At that level Jaze should be shit hot. He's a winger with tricks up his sleeve that loves to take on defenders. He's quick and direct but ultimately untested at this level, played really well in the League Cup group stages and looked like he'd be in our first team before a bad injury on the first game of the season and struggled to break in since

53 minutes ago, Russ said:

If Mutch is fit enough to be in the squad let’s get him back in. We’d still be left with the same utter shite centre backs but having a keeper that can actually make a save and stops letting the ball slowly roll past him can only help us.

this. Really not sure why Mutch has seemingly been frozen out this season, our best GK by far imo.

Where has this almost weekly myth that Mutch has been “frozen out” this season come from btw? He’s been reported injured, seen at almost every game for the last month or 2 with a sling/cast thing on and is only just regaining any fitness. 

5 hours ago, sick boy said:

this. Really not sure why Mutch has seemingly been frozen out this season, our best GK by far imo.

That clown Sheerin dropped him. Then he got injured.

6 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Where has this almost weekly myth that Mutch has been “frozen out” this season come from btw? He’s been reported injured, seen at almost every game for the last month or 2 with a sling/cast thing on and is only just regaining any fitness. 

Sheerin had him backup to Martin before he got injured

11 hours ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

You’re one of these guys that people refer to as a “know all.” How the f**k do you know he wasn’t that special there, do you get free tickets for the Rec too?

No need when I can ask people with a good knowledge of the championship whose view isn't tainted by their team.I was told when we signed him by a couple of scouts that had watched him at alloa that he wasnt up to much and they have proven to be rarely wrong about other duffers we've signed.  Let's face it he ended up with us in league one if he'd been that great championship sides would've been queuing up for him. I'm sure the same alloa fans would've been telling Dunfermline fans how great Kevin O'Hara was and you can see how that turned out.  If he turns into some superstar under Rennie then your welcome to come back on here and give me pelters and I'll happily put my hands up and say I was wrong. Never had an issue doing that 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

10 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

As bad as Hetherington is, I'd rather have him in there than persist with Gary Miller

Not sure there's much between them. Miller puts on the effort at least but is prone to sell the jerseys whilst hetherington just does very little.  

2 hours ago, BudBairn said:

Liam Craig
Paul watson
Scott fox

Signing soon hopefully.

Get some experience in the spine of the team.

Could understand the 1st two, in fact the top one is heavily rumoured but Scott Fox has just signed a new deal with Motherwell. 

3 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

personally think they’re both not good enough but Mutch edges it

Yeah I'd have no issue with mutch getting another shot. Martin I thought looked more decisive at crosses etc when he first came in but has regressed in all aspects over the last month or so.

Very true.
Funny how players become  superstars after they’ve been out for a while?

Whilst I think Mutch is a good ‘keeper anyway, though his form has absolutely declined in the last 12 months, he’s not become a ‘superstar’ rather than it’s just apparent that Martin is nowhere near good enough and Mutch is comfortably the best ‘keeper at the club.

I’d also be right on board with bringing a new ‘keeper in as well.