The Falkirk FC Thread

20 minutes ago, bairnsaloud said:

Or tomorrow ?

No to both questions.  

Besides, why would we be signing a defender? Stainrod told us earlier in the week that the next signing would be a goalkeeper and the ITK boys are always on the ball. 😄

Edited by Bainsfordbairn
Addition.

1 hour ago, Into The Valley said:

For all of Falkirk fans' deriding of your signings, or more accurately the lack of, I wish we were shopping in the same market you no doubt will be.
Whether or not you manage to get your first/second choice targets, Goodwillie aside, I'm quite sure that you will bring in far better quality than we, and others in this league, could hope for at this stage.
Realistically, your stadium, amount of fans to play in front of (ha-ha, please spare me the "navy blue pound" pish), being full-time, the chance to get decent game time and not the worst payers in the division, is not the most unattractive proposition for some - whether that be as a loanee or permanent signing.

I'm also sure that you will be nowhere near the wrong end of the table come May.
I obviously hope I'm wrong, but that's something, unfortunately, I can't confidently say about us.

😴

9 minutes ago, Russ said:

Absolutely devastating news that Hetherington is nearing full fitness and could be back involved in the next few weeks.

While he's been poor with us, Alloa fans thought he did a good job so it will be interesting to see if Rennie can get anything out of him. (Not that I'm saying we shouldn't be looking for a 1st choice CDM.)

Best interview yet from Rennie imo. With funds available it would be simple to sign a bunch of duffers like previous managers. He’s going down the harder route. If the right players don’t come then he won’t be wasting the cash. I’m certain he knows we need at least a CB before the end of the window 

From an update on the FSS site:

“January is, of course, the transfer window for new players. Behind the scenes the management team are working hard to identify and bring in new players.

Some of our original target players are no longer available for transfer as managers refuse to weaken their teams (and the decision by the SPL to allow 5 substitutions in games is not helping free players up either). Moreover some agents are holding out for better terms for their players by waiting until the end of the window so it is not an easy process to get new players in.

Today the club announced the loan of rated youngster Jaze Kabia from Livingston until the end of the season. Jaze plays as either a winger or a striker and will be in the squad for tomorrow’s match.

Loans from other clubs are allowed until the end of February and any money raised by ourselves and others will help fund the salaries of loan players like Jaze or new players on contracts. We expect other signing news soon.”

1 hour ago, Into The Valley said:

For all of Falkirk fans' deriding of your signings, or more accurately the lack of, I wish we were shopping in the same market you no doubt will be.
Whether or not you manage to get your first/second choice targets, Goodwillie aside, I'm quite sure that you will bring in far better quality than we, and others in this league, could hope for at this stage.
Realistically, your stadium, amount of fans to play in front of (ha-ha, please spare me the "navy blue pound" pish), being full-time, the chance to get decent game time and not the worst payers in the division, is not the most unattractive proposition for some - whether that be as a loanee or permanent signing.

I'm also sure that you will be nowhere near the wrong end of the table come May.
I obviously hope I'm wrong, but that's something, unfortunately, I can't confidently say about us.

Hope you are well pal 👍

Rennie has improved us certainly but he's no fecking miracle worker. There's not a manager on this planet that could turn the likes of Mackay and hetherington into decent players. The best chance he has of getting the best out of either is by keeping them as far to f**k away from the first team as possible.

31 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Rennie has improved us certainly but he's no fecking miracle worker. There's not a manager on this planet that could turn the likes of Mackay and hetherington into decent players. The best chance he has of getting the best out of either is by keeping them as far to f**k away from the first team as possible.

Which manager was it that had Hetherington playing well at Alloa, Grant or Ferguson? I think it was Grant?..., aye, it was Grant.