The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
41 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

If the board changes, the priorities change.
Anything that was said during Deans time is probably no longer relevant…

Totally. Just highlighting it again as to the pile of BS stated by the old board. 

Do still need a new website but certainly not a priority right now as stated. 

Guest Caractacus Potts

Look forward to seeing Kabila in action. Hopefully another one on the fringes at Livingston in the mould of Nouble.

Also hope this once and for all puts a certain rumour to bed. 

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

My first thought, beginning to  to think the club has a “ wee man signing syndrome” if you were over 5ft you didn’t fit our profile……

Just wondering if Rennie is following the US trend of hiring athletes who can play a bit of football.....rather than immobile haddies 

Assuming he’s been brought in more as a replacement for Declan McDaid so he’ll need to be fucking dreadful to be as a bad a signing as he was. Still young, had a couple of decent spells in the Irish top flight and seemed to have done ok for Livi last year but came back from injury this season and can’t get close to the team.

Also the fact we’ve still got the number 9 free would still suggest another striker to come in as well. We still need our defence rebuilt but good to get a new body into the squad and hopefully quieten down the eye bleeding stuff from the last few days.

15 minutes ago, Russ said:

Also the fact we’ve still got the number 9 free would still suggest another striker to come in as well. 

Could be or maybe they've decided not to give the number 9 jersey out so as to give anyone the opinion they are immediately a first pick?

35 minutes ago, MetalWolf said:

Could be or maybe they've decided not to give the number 9 jersey out so as to give anyone the opinion they are immediately a first pick?

That’s not a thing. They must be saving it for another striker

For all of Falkirk fans' deriding of your signings, or more accurately the lack of, I wish we were shopping in the same market you no doubt will be.
Whether or not you manage to get your first/second choice targets, Goodwillie aside, I'm quite sure that you will bring in far better quality than we, and others in this league, could hope for at this stage.
Realistically, your stadium, amount of fans to play in front of (ha-ha, please spare me the "navy blue pound" pish), being full-time, the chance to get decent game time and not the worst payers in the division, is not the most unattractive proposition for some - whether that be as a loanee or permanent signing.

I'm also sure that you will be nowhere near the wrong end of the table come May.
I obviously hope I'm wrong, but that's something, unfortunately, I can't confidently say about us.