The Falkirk FC Thread

Lets just hope the not one but two doesn't refer to interviews posted on twitter with current players. 😕 

I do suspect that the player interviews is the club trying to rebuild bridges though rather than a distraction tactic.  I guess we will figure that out if they carry on the interviews into Feb.  

On 18/01/2022 at 14:33, Shadwell Dog said:

Dowds better than goodwillie.🤣🤣. Fecks sake I'll have some of what you've been smoking.

And why has this tickled you so much? 14 goals and 3 assists compared to 9 goals and 2 assists, hardly a huge difference between them. If Sheerin (or Holt) hadn't punted/forced him to Arbroath, AD would probably be L1 top scorer under the current regime. DG seems to have a legendary status amongst some FFC fans that signing him would somehow get us promoted.... No, we would still have Sheerin as manager and Holt in place, playing punt and run football. Our defence leaks so many goals, we would still be struggling.

Even taking into consideration his goals against the top 4 teams (2 vs Cove (one game), 2 vs Queens (one game) and 1 vs Airdrie), would have no or little effect on our results or league position. The difference is 5 points vs what we managed like for like.... That puts us 2 points above QP!

Also (not just aimed at Shadwell) where is the justified MR criticism coming from?? He has turned around our goal scoring around (yip still leaking goals but we always have) but we are now losing 3-2 rather than 3-0. It is far easier to fix a leaking defence rather than an inability to score goals, we are playing better football and more attacking football. I doubt we will win the league but play-offs are still well within reach and under MR we now at least have a fighting chance in these games.

I think he will get a contract extension and lets judge him on his summer signings and next season rather than Sheerin's shite and one transfer window.

Edited by Albertobotswana

Who's next for a rewriting of history? Hartley was great and nothing was his fault, never signed a player all forced on him, why he probably wasn't even picking the team! Mcglynn at Raith, great manager, why can we get someone like him look how they're going ok he had the league given to him while a whole point in front of the managerial dream team of M&M! Is scary how folk will rewrite history to suit what they're saying now.

55 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

And why has this tickled you so much? 14 goals and 3 assists compared to 9 goals and 2 assists, hardly a huge difference between them. If Sheerin (or Holt) hadn't punted/forced him to Arbroath, AD would probably be L1 top scorer under the current regime. DG seems to have a legendary status amongst some FFC fans that signing him would somehow get us promoted.... No, we would still have Sheerin as manager and Holt in place, playing punt and run football. Our defence leaks so many goals, we would still be struggling.

Even taking into consideration his goals against the top 4 teams (2 vs Cove (one game), 2 vs Queens (one game) and 1 vs Airdrie), would have no or little effect on our results or league position. The difference is 5 points vs what we managed like for like.... That puts us 2 points above QP!

Also (not just aimed at Shadwell) where is the justified MR criticism coming from?? He has turned around our goal scoring around (yip still leaking goals but we always have) but we are now losing 3-2 rather than 3-0. It is far easier to fix a leaking defence rather than an inability to score goals, we are playing better football and more attacking football. I doubt we will win the league but play-offs are still well within reach and under MR we now at least have a fighting chance in these games.

I think he will get a contract extension and lets judge him on his summer signings and next season rather than Sheerin's shite and one transfer window.

Goodwillies played at a far higher level for starters. Christ dowds is doing a job but he's limited as a player. If it wasn't for goodwillies baggage he'd be playing in the top flight comfortably.

49 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Who's next for a rewriting of history? Hartley was great and nothing was his fault, never signed a player all forced on him, why he probably wasn't even picking the team! Mcglynn at Raith, great manager, why can we get someone like him look how they're going ok he had the league given to him while a whole point in front of the managerial dream team of M&M! Is scary how folk will rewrite history to suit what they're saying now.

Hartley has to take the blame too for not refusing to go down the Lang/Craig route. He ended up paying for that with his job.  Mcglynn had a far smaller budget than m and m . Raith should've been nowhere near us with a squad of rejects and part timers plus the odd very good loan deal. The fact that they were ahead of is in the league when it was called was because mcglynn was vastly overachieving whilst we were massively underachieving.

New Post on Facebook FFC. How to watch East Fife game! Come on show us some new heroes/villains

Not sure if it’s been covered or not as I don’t use Facebook

I contacted EF today regarding tickets from the abandoned game to confirm that they would allow admission tomorrow.

She also told me if anyone has destroyed their original ticket after admission to abandoned match to contact her and she would have details of original purchase and would send out a new digital ticket by email.

Apparently EF have updated social media channels but NOT updated their website.

The telephone number is 01333 426323

Amateur stuff if that’s been put on the website before publishing anything on social media. Probably have a time for both clubs to put stuff out at same time but was only going on the website by mistake after clicking the link they tweeted out about the return of fans ( which didn’t work)

Obviously not an exciting signing on the face of it especially after having waited long enough. Hopefully proves himself to be a useful addition nonetheless. I'm sure he's predominantly played as a winger for Livingston which doesn't make sense given the formation we play under Rennie.

4 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Amateur stuff if that’s been put on the website before publishing anything on social media. Probably have a time for both clubs to put stuff out at same time but was only going on the website by mistake after clicking the link they tweeted out about the return of fans ( which didn’t work)

Post is hidden now

5 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

It's been taken off the main site now.