The Falkirk FC Thread

The question related to why we got rid of Hartley. However he was the biggest problem for me because his signings and the closing of the academy sent us down and left us in a mess.
The other failed managers you mentioned couldn’t reverse the downward trend rather than create the problem in the first place imo….

The trouble with your assessment of this is that it wasn’t Hartley’s decision to initiate the Brentford model or indeed close the academy. I think I recall the guy was implementing a strategy forced on him by the Board at that time.

I think it’s strange that he’s never came out and openly explained exactly what happened and why there was such a f**k up and why his reputation was shot to bits. I’m not sure he carries the blame for our demise.

6 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

The question related to why we got rid of Hartley. However he was the biggest problem for me because his signings and the closing of the academy sent us down and left us in a mess.
The other failed managers you mentioned couldn’t reverse the downward trend rather than create the problem in the first place imo….

For all his faults Hartley did not close the Academy. That was a Board/MSG decision. Hartley was more than happy to have an academy. 

7 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

I know this. I said it in my first post tonight and even rhymed off half a dozen of these reasons/excuses. Which brings me back to the original point - After listening to Rennies interview on Saturday I was confident there would be signings in this week (because he said there would be). The fact these haven’t materialised is disappointing. Why is that such an issue? Surely every fan is disappointed that we’ve not made a signing as it shows something has gone wrong.

They might arrive tomorrow and they might be brilliant. If they don’t it’s been a highly disappointing week. Either way I’m not planning a boycott, starting a protest or demanding the managers head. I’m also not dressing it up as anything other than disappointing. Simple. 

No you said it was “poor all round”.

At no point in the interview does he say that there WOULD be a signing. He said he was close and confident but not over the line till it’s done. That tells me something has happened either out of his control or he wasn’t expecting. That goes back to my original point to you is what does he say? You are still to come up with an answer despite you saying there was 100 things he could say. He also talks about jobbers and there being too many coming and going before and that we would not be going down that route. Listen back to the last couple of minutes. It’s all there. 

19 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

For all his faults Hartley did not close the Academy. That was a Board/MSG decision. Hartley was more than happy to have an academy. 

Abhorrent decision by those in charge to shutdown the Academy, the way in which the news was leaked without the coaches, the youths and parents being told was nothing short of brutal. 

47 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

No you said it was “poor all round”.

At no point in the interview does he say that there WOULD be a signing. He said he was close and confident but not over the line till it’s done. That tells me something has happened either out of his control or he wasn’t expecting. That goes back to my original point to you is what does he say? You are still to come up with an answer despite you saying there was 100 things he could say. He also talks about jobbers and there being too many coming and going before and that we would not be going down that route. Listen back to the last couple of minutes. It’s all there. 

It is poor all round. Rennie alludes to signings that don’t materialise. They don’t materialise cos the BOD couldn’t get the deals done. Who’s done well there?

I repeat - I like Rennie and think he’ll do well. Credit will be given where credit is due but I’ll also continue to express my concerns when I have them. For me no signings this week would be a concern. I think that is quite obvious and I’m really not sure why you are getting your knickers in a twist about it 

Heres hoping for today tho 🤞🏼

43 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

It is poor all round. Rennie alludes to signings that don’t materialise. They don’t materialise cos the BOD couldn’t get the deals done. Who’s done well there?

I repeat - I like Rennie and think he’ll do well. Credit will be given where credit is due but I’ll also continue to express my concerns when I have them. For me no signings this week would be a concern. I think that is quite obvious and I’m really not sure why you are getting your knickers in a twist about it 

Heres hoping for today tho 🤞🏼

You have been losing the plot for weeks. First it was Holt not being fired in two minutes, then DGW now it is a complete over reaction to what a manager didn’t say in an interview. 

If we don’t have players at the end of the window is the time to be really concerned not now. We can sign jobbers anytime and have been for years now. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

I really haven’t. It took a month to sack Holt and I was simply concerned it might not happen.
There was about 50 pages on DGW and I contributed about 2 posts. 
Now I’ve dared to say it’s disappointing we’ve not signed anyone this week and you seem to have taken it very personally 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Never mind eh. COYB

I'm sure Hartley himself regrets the way he allowed things to go at Falkirk.  Should've stood up against lang and Campbell's shite. Gordon Young alluded to the fact it wasn't there idea and that all the signings being shunted up were kids who had never played first team football in their lives and we're getting bullied about the pitch in Scottish League one. Certainly didn't appear to be them who was signing the players that's for sure. Certainly noone came out of that time well just typical Falkirk that we manage to screw up a manager that has been a relative success everywhere else he's been. 

Fingers crossed for some good news today. Give the place a real lift for the game tomorrow and the big game next week

Edited by Shadwell Dog

58 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I really haven’t. It took a month to sack Holt and I was simply concerned it might not happen.
There was about 50 pages on DGW and I contributed about 2 posts. 
Now I’ve dared to say it’s disappointing we’ve not signed anyone this week and you seem to have taken it very personally 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Never mind eh. COYB

No you did. You went on about it constantly. The way Holt was handled was 100% spot on IMO.  Get a manager out, get a manager in, let the new manager settle in and look at the Holt pipeline and make the call then. Holt IMO was never going to last any length of time. 
I have taken nothing personally, I was merely asking for you to tell us all what he should have said. You still have not answered that. I am disappointed too nothing has happened this week as I no doubt think the manager and Board will be too. I am clearly more patient and pragmatic than you. The time to be critical is at the end of the window IMO if the squad is not improved. 

1 hour ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

Looks like (if they happen) any signings will not include Kyle Lafferty. He's been hanging around Rugby Park but that could be him saying "sign me now or I'll walk to Falkirk" - if he does that, then he'll join us injured

I thought an ITK poster confirmed 2 weeks ago we are getting Lafferty ??