The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, JulioBairn said:

Martin Rennie also said when asked about recruitment after the Airdrie game “I’m confident that next week we’ll have some good news”

Not a guarantee of signings but not a clever thing to say if there’s no signings. Suggests they are struggling to get deals done. Still got tomorrow tho…

What does he say when asked that question if he was confident? 

1 minute ago, JulioBairn said:

Deans and Colborn?

Is he still involved by the way?

Thankfully they are not however If you read the previous comment they listed a number of thing that players were not signing for the club for. Deans said that we the fans were another excuse. 
I personally think they are all bull. Players sign for money and who they would like to play for - in that order IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I have been told that the signings we make will make the fans go wow and not in a bad way,but no names were given.

This was from the same guy that told me Rennie was getting the managers job a day before he was announced.

Season 8 Wow GIF by The Office

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

What does he say when asked that question if he was confident? 

Really? The manager says I’m confident there will be signings next week and there’s no signings next week. You don’t think that looks poor?

FWIW I’m fully behind Rennie and think he’ll do a good job but I’m just calling it the way I see it. 

37 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Let’s not forget Deans blaming the supporters too. 

That was just plain stupid. Apart from the reasons I highlighted add a support with little patience and that was from within the club.

So we go in for a player and its between FFC and another club. What's the other club going to say ? exactly - quote Deans. FFS what was he thinking about.

8 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Really? The manager says I’m confident there will be signings next week and there’s no signings next week. You don’t think that looks poor?

FWIW I’m fully behind Rennie and think he’ll do a good job but I’m just calling it the way I see it. 

So am I. Answer my question. What is he meant to say if that is what he believes? 
Him saying what he did tells me something has gone wrong. He doesn’t come across as someone who will bullshit the fans. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

That was just plain stupid. Apart from the reasons I highlighted add a support with little patience and that was from within the club.

So we go in for a player and its between FFC and another club. What's the other club going to say ? exactly - quote Deans. FFS what was he thinking about.

He has a lot to answer for at this club 

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

So am I. Answer my question. What is he meant to say if that is what he believes? 
Him saying what he did tells me something has gone wrong. He doesn’t come across as someone who will bullshit the fans. 

Of course something has gone wrong. DGW bid rejected and Reynolds going to Cove are at least two things that've gone wrong for starters.

Lets see who gets announced tomorrow tho. 

We are now playing for:

Three years in League 1

Merry-go round of players 

Unreal amount of money spent on managers/sacking managers and signing and releasing players.

Actions of previous board. 

The only way out of this league is to spend money. With Cove, Queen’s Park and probably Kelty it’s going to be difficult otherwise. 

3 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Of course something has gone wrong. DGW bid rejected and Reynolds going to Cove are at least two things that've gone wrong for starters.

Lets see who gets announced tomorrow tho. 

Have they? I haven’t seen anything anywhere that says we pitched in for either of these two players. All been hearsay. I am not convinced there will be anyone tomorrow. If there is it has to be an upgrade or it is a waste of money. 
So what was he meant to say? 

31 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Martin Rennie also said when asked about recruitment after the Airdrie game “I’m confident that next week we’ll have some good news”

Not a guarantee of signings but not a clever thing to say if there’s no signings. Suggests they are struggling to get deals done. Still got tomorrow tho…

Is it just me, but is today not Thursday and a week runs up until Sunday meaning there is c.43% of the week still to go ?

We need to give the new management team time.

34 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I have been told that the signings we make will make the fans go wow and not in a bad way,but no names were given.

This was from the same guy that told me Rennie was getting the managers job a day before he was announced.

Did your source allude to how many? 

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Have they? I haven’t seen anything anywhere that says we pitched in for either of these two players. All been hearsay. 
So what was he meant to say? 

I have so I’d be amazed if you haven’t. Tried to sign a rapist against the wishes of the fans and couldn’t get it over the line - not sure that’s something that’ll get broadcast from anyone inside the club.

Give up. We both know there’s 100 things he could’ve said. I like the guy but don’t tell us there’s signings coming in and don’t get them done.

I can only imagine your reaction if it was Holt that said it. 

35 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Was there no other info given? Eg whether they currently play in scotland or not?

8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Is it just me, but is today not Thursday and a week runs up until Sunday meaning there is c.43% of the week still to go ?

We need to give the new management team time.

Signing someone on Sunday is not ideal when the game is on Saturday and we are missing the whole spine of a team.

As I’ve said, I’m more than happy to give them time, just hoped for signings this week based on the fact we are utter shite and the manager alluded to the fact there would be signings 🤷🏼‍♂️.

As I’ve also said, maybe tomorrow

15 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I have so I’d be amazed if you haven’t. Tried to sign a rapist against the wishes of the fans and couldn’t get it over the line - not sure that’s something that’ll get broadcast from anyone inside the club.

Give up. We both know there’s 100 things he could’ve said. I like the guy but don’t tell us there’s signings coming in and don’t get them done.

I can only imagine your reaction if it was Holt that said it. 

You still haven’t answered my question. 
if there is 100 things he could have said then tell us. 
I have not heard one thing about the two players mentioned other than paper talk and rumours. 
If Holt had said anything I would not have believed it. That’s the difference. The man was an imposter and should never have been at Falkirk a second time far less the first time. 
We are all frustrated there are no players in but no point wasting cash on players who are not a significant upgrade. We have wasted far too much for far too long. As others have said Rennie needs time. If we get no one in it will be extremely disappointing considering we are way short of the quality required. I don’t believe however it will be the lack of effort or desire. 
You say you are behind him. Cut him a bit of slack then as you have a funny way of showing it.