The Falkirk FC Thread

52 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Video on YouTube of the 3 Airdrie goals from Saturday taken from the back of the goals. They highlight how bad our defending was and how Brad McKay didn’t look like he could give a shit. The third goal was absolutely howling by Paddy Martin and there looked f**k all wrong with the disallowed Airdrie goal.

Put it in with his arm by the looks of it. When I saw the highlights originally I thought the keeper may have been fouled but that certainly wasn't the case. Defence is as soft as shite! 

19 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Yeah Rudden, Keillor Davis Dunn and to a certain extent Burgoyne that year.  The last three seasons they've been brutal though, Mcmanus aside.

2019/20
David Mcmillan
Rafa De Vita
Calum Ferrie
Lewis Moore
Declan Mcmanus

2020/21
PJ Morrison
Euan Deveney
Lewis Neilson
Kyle Mcclelland
Kai Fotheringham

2021/22
Michael Ruth
Ernaldo Krasniqi
Declan Mcdaid

Horrific reading.

13 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Put it in with his arm by the looks of it. When I saw the highlights originally I thought the keeper may have been fouled but that certainly wasn't the case. Defence is as soft as shite! 

I thought it looked like the ball just hit the Airdrie player and he couldn’t do much about it, didn’t look that clear that it was his arm. Defence is definitely as soft as shite.

22 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Yea but what if there's nobody available, willing to come or affordable?

Then we've got the wrong person doing recruitment. How do you think managers win leagues? They do it by getting the right players in one way or another. That's how they are successful. The managers who don't don't last very long.

20 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

The worrying this is that games are still being played in January so this idea of waiting until the end of the month before a few panic signings wont work. A half decent signing or 2 would probably have been the difference between 0 and 3 points on Saturday there.  

Unfortunately in January a lot of it is out of the manager/club hands

1 minute ago, Rocco said:

Unfortunately in January a lot of it is out of the manager/club hands

to a certain extent yes but other in our current predicament I think everybody expected things to be moving a lot quicker than they are. 

Despite management and board changes there is still very little to get my hopes up. The apathy is well and truly setting in.

Guest TedCrilly

Covid certainly isn’t helping either. Many premiership clubs are reluctant to let go of their youth players incase they are hit with cases within the first team squad. Tough window at the best of times and it’s likely we might not see movement until the last week. Also the fact we are in a truly awful position as a club and not the most desirable for a player / parent club.

Edited by TedCrilly

Just now, TedCrilly said:

Covid certainly isn’t helping either. Many premiership clubs are reluctant to let go of their youth players incase they are hit with cases within the first team squad. Tough window at the best of times and it’s likely we might not see movement until the last week. Also the fact we are in a truly awful position as a club and not the most desirable. 

I think the fact that we are playing East Fife next does give us another week to get players in. Probably jinxed it but even with our current squad surely we can score more goals than we let in on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

FFS we are all frustrated, I am sure the manager is too. But to say stick with Gary Holt because no one has been signed in 17 days is up there even for on here. 

My point is that the current recruitment shouldn't be treated any more leniantly than m and m and Holt were in the last two January windows. They were both castigated for bringing in dross and not getting the right signings over the line. There is time to go and that's fine but this excuse that we  can't get players in just won't cut it with me. The second half of the season depends on us getting 3 or 4 signings over the line it's as simple as that. Whether that's this week or next week is secondary but we do need to get them in.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

My point is that the current recruitment shouldn't be treated any more leniantly than m and m and Holt were in the last two January windows. They were both castigated for bringing in dross and not getting the right signings over the line. There is time to go and that's fine but this excuse that we  can't get players in just won't cut it with me. The second half of the season depends on us getting 3 or 4 signings over the line it's as simple as that. Whether that's this week or next week is secondary but we do need to get them in.

Who is? We have only signed one player. We all know we need better players as does the manager, he has admitted that, but so will other clubs. 
It is frustrating but positively we seem to be holding out nerve to get the players that will improve us not just jump at any old shite the agents throw our way 

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Who is? We have only signed one player. We all know we need better players as does the manager, he has admitted that, but so will other clubs. 
It is frustrating but positively we seem to be holding out nerve to get the players that will improve us not just jump at any old shite the agents throw our way 

We'll know soon enough as the end of January draws ever closer.  As long as we get the players through the door that's all that counts.

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Let’s not also forget that we were sitting either 1st or 2nd in these windows you’ve mentioned. We were in a far better position then than we are now. 

Im sure Rennie is working hard to get players in and as BPM has just said, I’m glad we’re holding out rather than signing players for the sake of it

1 minute ago, Rocco said:

Let’s not also forget that we were sitting either 1st or 2nd in these windows you’ve mentioned. We were in a far better position then than we are now. 

Im sure Rennie is working hard to get players in and as BPM has just said, I’m glad we’re holding out rather than signing players for the sake of it

I've not got a big problem with us holding out although I'd have liked to seen at least one more new face in by now . As long as we get them in that's all that matters.