The Falkirk FC Thread

Could it be that there’s nobody available/willing to come/affordable who is better than the shite we have?
I think that’s possible. Depressing, but possible.

As much as I think this is probably true, I simply refuse to believe we can’t find better than some of this absolute dross we have in our squad. If we can’t find better than McKay, Ross and Wilson then we’re as well shutting the doors the now.

32 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Could it be that there’s nobody available/willing to come/affordable who is better than the shite we have?

I think that’s possible. Depressing, but possible.

I'm afraid that just shouldn't be allowed to wash. We need players in and it's up to the management to get them in or we may aswell have stuck with Holt. We've had season after season of not getting the right players in and it needs to change now or we'll continue to go only in one direction and it ain't up.

I wonder if the lack of signings is linked to the manager’s lack of experience working in Scotland. If he didn’t want to sign Holt/Sheerin’s previously identified targets without seeing them, that’s understandable. I had hoped Kenny Miller’s contacts in both Scotland and England would’ve at least put us in the market for some decent Old Firm B or English loan players

Video on YouTube of the 3 Airdrie goals from Saturday taken from the back of the goals. They highlight how bad our defending was and how Brad McKay didn’t look like he could give a shit. The third goal was absolutely howling by Paddy Martin and there looked f**k all wrong with the disallowed Airdrie goal.

39 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm afraid that just shouldn't be allowed to wash. We need players in and it's up to the management to get them in or we may aswell have stuck with Holt. We've had season after season of not getting the right players in and it needs to change now or we'll continue to go only in one direction and it ain't up.

That makes no sense as if we'd have stuck with Holt our signings would have been gash as opposed to having no signings at all. I'd rather we didn't sign players than sign players that are ultimately only going to make the team worse. Jaime Wilson, Brad Mckay, Steven Hetherington.

7 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

That makes no sense as if we'd have stuck with Holt our signings would have been gash as opposed to having no signings at all. I'd rather we didn't sign players than sign players that are ultimately only going to make the team worse. Jaime Wilson, Brad Mckay, Steven Hetherington.

We couldn't get the right players in under Holt so we sacked him. If we can't get the right players in with the new strategy then we are no better off. We need players. We need to get them by hook or by crook. Managers who get them in succeed those that don't get fired that's modern day football I'm afraid.

I know we've most likely burnt a lot of bridges with our antics over the last couple of years, but even if there is a lack of permanent signings available who will improve us, our use of the loan market recently has been stinking. I'm probably being brain dead, but McManus is the only success I can think of in the last few years, if you don't count Jakubiak etc 18 months beforehand. It's even more galling when you see other teams in this league signing people on loan who consequently go on to run rings around our jobbers.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Also, as concerned as I am by the lack of signings this window, it still doesn't quite compare to the delight (that is yet to wear off) that not one single penny more of the clubs money has been wasted on any of the fucking duffers that inevitably filled up Holt's list.

7 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I know we've most likely burnt a lot of bridges with our antics over the last couple of years, but even if there is a lack of permanent signings available who will improve us, our use of the loan market recently has been stinking. I'm probably being brain dead, but McManus is the only success I can think of in the last few years, if you don't count Jakubiak etc 18 months beforehand. It's even more galling when you see other teams in this league signing people on loan who consequently go on to run rings around our jobbers.

Rudden

14 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We couldn't get the right players in under Holt so we sacked him. If we can't get the right players in with the new strategy then we are no better off. We need players. We need to get them by hook or by crook. Managers who get them in succeed those that don't get fired that's modern day football I'm afraid.

FFS we are all frustrated, I am sure the manager is too. But to say stick with Gary Holt because no one has been signed in 17 days is up there even for on here. 

12 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Rudden, DKD, Burgoyne and McManus and that’s probably it.

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

FFS we are all frustrated, I am sure the manager is too. But to say stick with Gary Holt because no one has been signed in 17 days is up there even for on here. 

I’m glad I’m not the only one here in absolute disbelief reading that. Managing a football team is so easy according to some of our supporters

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yea but what if there's nobody available, willing to come or affordable?

9 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Rudden

Yeah Rudden, Keillor Davis Dunn and to a certain extent Burgoyne that year.  The last three seasons they've been brutal though, Mcmanus aside.

2019/20
David Mcmillan
Rafa De Vita
Calum Ferrie
Lewis Moore
Declan Mcmanus

2020/21
PJ Morrison
Euan Deveney
Lewis Neilson
Kyle Mcclelland
Kai Fotheringham

2021/22
Michael Ruth
Ernaldo Krasniqi
Declan Mcdaid

Edited by FFC 1876

Guest TedCrilly
6 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Rudden, DKD, Burgoyne and McManus and that’s probably it.

I liked Neilson as a player as well. One of the very few hits from Holt.

25 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Do you really believe that or are you just at it?  Dear God!