The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest TedCrilly
6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Dixon at CH, ATS at LCH and McCann at LWB.

Possibly. I don’t see Dixon or ATS as very commanding in the air. They’re both LBs converting as a centre back. I’d have preferred a dominant old school centre half to be signed up to organise the defence. I’m not saying ATS is a bad player, I just didn’t think his position was the one we needed in first. Hopefully I’m miles off and the above combination works out.

Edited by TedCrilly

1 minute ago, TedCrilly said:

Jesus Christ. You’d manage to put a spin on us re-signing Leo Fasan at this rate. “He’s taller than Martin, 2 inch upgrade”.

It isn’t any spin. We have been desperately needing power and a physical presence.
If you want to look at the last two games we are now at least looking like scoring from set pieces. 
Before the Dumbarton game it was something like 150 odd set pieces since we scored from one. At least now with Dowds and ATS we have a bit of that. 

4 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

Possibly. I don’t see Dixon or ATS as very commanding in the air. They’re both LBs converting as a centre back. I’d have preferred a dominant old school centre half to be signed up to organise the defence. I’m not saying ATS is a bad player, just didn’t think his position was the one we needed in first.

It could be if it means that Dixon goes to CH. Means we only need one right sided CB rather than two.

3 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

Possibly. I don’t see Dixon or ATS as very commanding in the air. They’re both LBs converting as a centre back. I’d have preferred a dominant old school centre half to be signed up to organise the defence. I’m not saying ATS is a bad player, I just didn’t think his position was the one we needed in first. Hopefully I’m miles off and the above combination works out.

Once Dixon's back I presume he'll move to centreback and ATS will replace McCann at lwb whose been really poor recently. I suppose then we'll be able to judge him properly.

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

It could be if it means that Dixon goes to CH. Means we only need one right sided CB rather than two.

Don't be silly we've got Brad Mckay & Ben Hall why would we need anyone else to play as the right sided centre back?

4 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

Your not saying ATS is a bad player 😂

He has only been in the door 5mins, playing with misfits around him that I hope won't be around soon. It's far too early to judge him fully after two games.

Not getting the ATS hate. The guys just in the door ffs. He should've got rid of the 3rd goal on Saturday and also had one at the other end tho.

I think having competition on the left hand side is a good thing. Doesn't get away from the fact we need competent bodies at RCB.

Liam Craig coming in is a good signing. 

8 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Not getting the ATS hate. The guys just in the door ffs. He should've got rid of the 3rd goal on Saturday and also had one at the other end tho.

I think having competition on the left hand side is a good thing. Doesn't get away from the fact we need competent bodies at RCB.

I'd need to watch it again but I thought that he slipped on his arse for the 3rd goal on Saturday. Might be wrong though.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

I still think there is an element that's upset that Deans and Co are gone and unhappy with supporters being involved.

Upset that Deans & Co are gone? Who is it that populates this element…….Deans & Co?
I would love to hear the logic behind that upset.

15 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I'd need to watch it again but I thought that he slipped on his arse for the 3rd goal on Saturday. Might be wrong though.

Aye I can only really remember thinking how has the goalie let that in. ATS should've got rid of the original attack, however Martin letting another goal in at his near post cost us more imho. Guy just seems to let in the simplest of shots. 

8 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Upset that Deans & Co are gone? Who is it that populates this element…….Deans & Co?
I would love to hear the logic behind that upset.

It just seems to be the odd and I do mean odd couple of posters that just don't want to see any progress/change and wanting the new model to fail, funnily enough those posters seem to be new onto the forum.

Guest TedCrilly
31 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Zero hate for ATS as a player. I’ve probably (or definitely) came across harsh on him, which I hold my hands up for. I conceded in my initial post he probably isn’t fit either and is playing in a position fairly new to him. For me he hasn’t shown any qualities as a centre back. He was beaten in most aerial battles in the Dumbarton game and lost his man numerous times. Against Airdrie, his two key points in the game contributed to our defeat. He is a good LB/LWB but I just don’t see a back 3 of him + Dixon working. Both very similar and can do a job as LCB only. Again I hope I’m wildly wrong and it’s just my opinion which is why we’re all here. I’m not writing him off at all but I just feel he wasn’t desperately required.

Edited by TedCrilly

43 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

Zero hate for ATS as a player. I’ve probably (or definitely) came across harsh on him, which I hold my hands up for. I conceded in my initial post he probably isn’t fit either and is playing in a position fairly new to him. For me he hasn’t shown any qualities as a centre back. He was beaten in most aerial battles in the Dumbarton game and lost his man numerous times. Against Airdrie, his two key points in the game contributed to our defeat. He is a good LB/LWB but I just don’t see a back 3 of him + Dixon working. Both very similar and can do a job as LCB only. Again I hope I’m wildly wrong and it’s just my opinion which is why we’re all here. I’m not writing him off at all but I just feel he wasn’t desperately required.

What actually is this! We’re playing with three centre half’s, which in itself tells you we’ll be starting games with 3 similar players. Why wouldn’t Dixon be able to play in the middle of the three? Do you need to be right footed to play in the middle? 😳

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Ludicrous that we're in such a state that we are having to play 3 at the back in league one anyway. And that even doing so our defence is still a bloody shambles.

Why do you see 3 at the back as being defensive? Conte got Chelsea to play it and it was so effective that even Pep tried to copy him. 

Guest TedCrilly
10 minutes ago, Rocco said:

What actually is this! We’re playing with three centre half’s, which in itself tells you we’ll be starting games with 3 similar players. Why wouldn’t Dixon be able to play in the middle of the three? Do you need to be right footed to play in the middle? 😳

Any footed but I’d prefer a natural commanding centre half in the middle rather than a converted full back. I just feel positionally a full back can be found wanting playing as a centre half and I’d prefer the middle of the three to be natural in that position. I’m evidently in the minority and wildly wrong, I accept that 😂

Anyway, more signings please.x

Edited by TedCrilly

6 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

Any footed but I’d prefer a natural commanding centre half in the middle rather than a converted full back. I just feel positionally a full back can be found wanting playing as a centre half and I’d prefer the middle of the three to be natural in that position. I’m evidently in the minority and wildly wrong, I accept that 😂

Anyway, more signings please.x

I don’t think you’re wrong as such, however, I’d rather have Dixon in the middle instead of Hall or McKay