The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

Looking at Saturday in isolation: I’d say the back 3 were more at fault for every goal ahead of Martin. You could argue he was at fault for the third but ATS made an absolute c*nt of it on the lead up to the goal. Maybe unfair on ATS as he’s maybe not fully fit but he’s been abysmal as a centre half so far. Baffling signing.

Dumbarton was a deflection and a penalty so again I'm struggling to see where he shipped a goal in that game. The Clyde game he definitely should have done better with their winner but the defending for both goals was absolutely shocking.

5 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

You could've fooled me.

I’m assuming you haven’t read anything I’ve written. I’ve always said I can understand why the management and club would go for him. He’s a proven goalscorer and has done it for a club floating about the bottom half of this league. So if a manager comes in on a short term deal and he’s to try get us promoted then of course he’d be likely to consider him. 

What is hard to understand about that?

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Dumbarton was a deflection and a penalty so again I'm struggling to see where he shipped a goal in that game. The Clyde game he definitely should have done better with their winner but the defending for both goals was absolutely shocking.

Miller gave them the ball just outside our 18 yarder for the first goal. 

15 hours ago, Russ said:

Much is miles ahead of Martin imo. I do agree that we need 2 centre backs so we never need to play Hall or McKay again but it’s just as much of a priority that Martin gets replaced as well and if Mutch is still going to be out for a while then we need a new keeper. Paddy Martin doesn’t actually make any saves. I can’t think of a single save he’s made this season that wasn’t of the bog standard you’d expect any ‘keeper to make. He’s not Leo Fasan levels of terrible but he’s still absolutely shite.

Martin is not commanding enough. He may become a better keeper but Rennie has decided to plug that gap first as the defense has no confidence in him and he’s costing us points . 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Dundee trial didn't work out for Paul Watson with Scott Burns speculating today Hamilton, Ayr & Queen of the south are vying for his signature.

Once a bairn always a bairn.

That will be the Scott Burns that told us all Brian Rice was getting the Falkirk job 

I’m assuming you haven’t read anything I’ve written. I’ve always said I can understand why the management and club would go for him. He’s a proven goalscorer and has done it for a club floating about the bottom half of this league. So if a manager comes in on a short term deal and he’s to try get us promoted then of course he’d be likely to consider him. 

I thought you made a fair point. Don’t know why you needed to justify it. DG would be a fantastic addition to any squad at any time for any Scottish club including the premiership. It’s a real pity he carries so much baggage.

3 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Martin is not commanding enough. He may become a better keeper but Rennie has decided to plug that gap first as the defense has no confidence in him and he’s costing us points . 

They've no confidence in him? Can you imagine having to play in the sticks with Brad Mckay & Ben Hall infront of you? 

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

That will be the Scott Burns that told us all Brian Rice was getting the Falkirk job 

To be fair you fancied Hall to improve last season with another centre back in beside him. We're all human.

1 minute ago, bejazz1 said:

I thought you made a fair point. Don’t know why you needed to justify it. DG would be a fantastic addition to any squad at any time for any Scottish club including the premiership. It’s a real pity he carries so much baggage.

Wtf!? What’s sad is the hurt and humiliation his victim felt. The fact that we can’t sign a player because he raped someone is not a pity!!! I despair at our fans sometimes.  

10 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I've read all of your last 3 - 4 posts. You're gagging for us to sign him.

5 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I've read all of your last 3 - 4 posts. You're gagging for us to sign him.

👍🏻. You know everything about me from a couple of posts on a forum. 

I’ve stated several times I wouldn’t sign him for the club but I won’t sit and listen to delusional fans who make out like there are better options (based on football performance) out there we can get. People don’t want to believe that the club have went for him that much that they’re willing to let all rational thinking fly out the window to convince themselves we haven’t. I’m a realist and as I’ve pointed out numerous times, I can understand why the club may have went for him. 

It doesn’t matter now as by all accounts it won’t be happening but maybe you should stop being so simple and read everything I’ve said before jumping to conclusions!

Edited by Rocco

6 minutes ago, Rocco said:

👍🏻. You know everything about me from a couple of posts on a forum. 

I’ve stated several times I wouldn’t sign him for the club but I won’t sit and listen to delusional fans who make out like there are better options (based on football performance) out there we can get. People don’t want to believe that the club have went for him that much that they’re willing to let all rational thinking fly out the window to convince themselves we haven’t. I’m a realist and as I’ve pointed out numerous times, I can understand why the club may have went for him. 

It doesn’t matter now as by all accounts it won’t be happening but maybe you should stop being so simple and read everything I’ve said before jumping to conclusions!

Ignore him. The guy is an idiot

49 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I’ve said this to you before but for a manager looking for results, is there a better option that Goodwillie? The guy has scored 14 goals and is currently the league top scorer for a team that aren’t up the top fighting for the title. 

Im not advocating we should sign him but if your job is to get the team performing better and that’s all your basing signings on, then who could the manager get that’s better?

DG is a terrible signing for almost every reason and why do certain people thinking he is our answer, Dowds is far superior!

DG has 14 goals all in L1, Dowds has 9 with 5 in a far better league. If AD hadn't been shipped out by Sheerin, I think he would have more than 14 by now.

DG is a rapist, AD is not!

DG is 33(?), AD is 25.

On the Rennie interview after Airdrie, he basically said our defence is shite without actually bringing Hall or Miler into the interview, pointing and saying "He's pish!". I took it that he knows exactly what the issues are and has his own ideas on how to fix it. We won't win the league (although I still hope) but we will certainly be in the play-offs on our recent performances.

Also what I don't get is the anti-Rennie theme going on, his immediate impact on the team is outstanding. We had Sheerin saying that he thought (in relation to scoring goals) that we might not get any better yet Rennie has managed 9 goals in 3 games (ok... one was against EF). He also has inherited a pile of dross, M&M resigned Hall!! This summer, I see a huge clear out of players and hopefully with Rennie in charge... a more competitive team.

I think the target for Rennie is getting into the play-offs and making a competitive team on the pitch, I think he'll get an extension to his current deal.

15 hours ago, Russ said:

Much is miles ahead of Martin imo. I do agree that we need 2 centre backs so we never need to play Hall or McKay again but it’s just as much of a priority that Martin gets replaced as well and if Mutch is still going to be out for a while then we need a new keeper. Paddy Martin doesn’t actually make any saves. I can’t think of a single save he’s made this season that wasn’t of the bog standard you’d expect any ‘keeper to make. He’s not Leo Fasan levels of terrible but he’s still absolutely shite.

I can't see us signing two centre backs tbh with Dixon on his way back.

Martin has made plenty of saves but it's been when we were already beat or on our way to getting embarrassed. The norm is mainly Saturday past, Airdrie 4 shots on target and scored 4 with one disallowed. Dumbarton had 3 on target, Montrose 1 and scored.

If our defence was better, you can at times get away with a ropey keeper but we for sure need one in.

IMG_20220118_142435.jpg

9 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

DG is a terrible signing for almost every reason and why do certain people thinking he is our answer, Dowds is far superior!

DG has 14 goals all in L1, Dowds has 9 with 5 in a far better league. If AD hadn't been shipped out by Sheerin, I think he would have more than 14 by now.

DG is a rapist, AD is not!

DG is 33(?), AD is 25.

On the Rennie interview after Airdrie, he basically said our defence is shite without actually bringing Hall or Miler into the interview, pointing and saying "He's pish!". I took it that he knows exactly what the issues are and has his own ideas on how to fix it. We won't win the league (although I still hope) but we will certainly be in the play-offs on our recent performances.

Also what I don't get is the anti-Rennie theme going on, his immediate impact on the team is outstanding. We had Sheerin saying that he thought (in relation to scoring goals) that we might not get any better yet Rennie has managed 9 goals in 3 games (ok... one was against EF). He also has inherited a pile of dross, M&M resigned Hall!! This summer, I see a huge clear out of players and hopefully with Rennie in charge... a more competitive team.

I think the target for Rennie is getting into the play-offs and making a competitive team on the pitch, I think he'll get an extension to his current deal.

Dowds better than goodwillie.🤣🤣. Fecks sake I'll have some of what you've been smoking. Dowds is a very limited player who will do a job for us but he's no more than that. Goodwillie is a far better player in all areas but is costly and his baggage basically makes him unsignable but he's still a better player than dowds FFS. If goodwillie was playing for a decent side at this level he'd comfortably get 25 to 30 goals in a season. 

We won't make the playoffs unless we sign some players it's as simple as that.  We need 3 or 4 minimum or all we'll see between now and may is us struggling against the sides above us and beating the dross at the bottom.  Over to the management to get these boys in and give us a chance of the playoffs