The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

I’m sure they were looking at both positions anyway so may just be a change of priority for now

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

We've scored 8 goals in our last 2 games yet conceded 5. Perhaps they think it's not as much a priority now with Dowds back? Just spit balling here and I don't agree with that approach but God knows what the guys challenged with recruitment are or are not in the process of. 

Or it could just be folk talking complete shite.

10 minutes ago, Springfield said:

No news is normally good news 🙄

I'd like to think that Rennie and miller could surely come up with far more options in the striking department than David bloody goodwillie. I mean you could pick up a punter from the street that could point you in his direction

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Or it could just be folk talking complete shite.

Well aye this is probably more likely. 

A new GK, Paul Watson, Liam Craig and a decent striker would be lovely. Don't think any will come to fruition 

Getting to the tickley bit of the window now that winter break is done and halfway through. I'm sure there will be some unrest if we are heading into the last week with no additions other than ATS and a recalled loan player. 

30 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd like to think that Rennie and miller could surely come up with far more options in the striking department than David bloody goodwillie. I mean you could pick up a punter from the street that could point you in his direction

I’ve said this to you before but for a manager looking for results, is there a better option that Goodwillie? The guy has scored 14 goals and is currently the league top scorer for a team that aren’t up the top fighting for the title. 

Im not advocating we should sign him but if your job is to get the team performing better and that’s all your basing signings on, then who could the manager get that’s better?

I’ve said this to you before but for a manager looking for results, is there a better option that Goodwillie? The guy has scored 14 goals and is currently the league top scorer for a team that aren’t up the top fighting for the title. 

Im not advocating we should sign him but if your job is to get the team performing better and that’s all your basing signings on, then who could the manager get that’s better?

Does anyone think we could get Nathan Austin back? Can’t see much better that we could attract tbh.

10 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I'd like to think that we would have appointed a manager who has enough contacts in the game to have a number of options not just the one we all know about that would split the fanbase and cost us a sizeable fee to get. If our recruitment plan is go get goodwillie and if we can't get him then get a goalkeeper as we've run out of ideas on the striker front then we're in big trouble.

11 minutes ago, Rocco said:

If all other parts of the team were working and you were lacking goals then I'd buy your argument but our misfiring in front of goal is a consequence of the rest of the team so that should be addressed first.

9 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Does anyone think we could get Nathan Austin back? Can’t see much better that we could attract tbh.

Not a chance. He didn't move from Inverness to Kelty Hearts for the scenery. He'll be on a very tidy part time packet along with whatever he does outside of football and then he's also from fife so he's nice and close to home.

4 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

If all other parts of the team were working and you were lacking goals then I'd buy your argument but our misfiring in front of goal is a consequence of the rest of the team so that should be addressed first.

We were misfiring in front of goal till the last two games, which is why they may have been interested. Maybe the management team have decided well score enough now so no need for him

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd like to think that we would have appointed a manager who has enough contacts in the game to have a number of options not just the one we all know about that would split the fanbase and cost us a sizeable fee to get. If our recruitment plan is go get goodwillie and if we can't get him then get a goalkeeper as we've run out of ideas on the striker front then we're in big trouble.

Again, for us to get a striker of that quality in January is almost impossible. I can understand why they’d possibly want him as there are no strikers out there that we could attract at the same level that is proven. You may get lucky and get an unproven striker that comes in and proves he is up to the task, however, that is a rarity. 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Suspect we have been trying ( we bloody well better have ) but the quality and type of player we need will have better options.

We have so much against us. Management team on short contracts. Crap squad, Low position in a lower league and a near mutinous support with a short fuse.

These facts will be a factor on signing or not signing for Falkirk. Sad but that is the way it is.

Here's hoping !

Much speculation about the players we need to bring in, and although there’s a still a full week + It’s pretty much a given that players/agents will be at auction.
With our known troubles and pathetic player retention I’m starting to have concerns that first targeted players have KOd us, and we’re now looking at second choices. I really hope I’m way off mark.

Guest TedCrilly
22 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

It’s absolutely our number one issue Martin is throwing them in every week. 

Looking at Saturday in isolation; I’d say the back 3 were more at fault for every goal ahead of Martin. You could argue he was at fault for the third but ATS made an absolute c*nt of it on the lead up to the goal. Maybe unfair on ATS as he’s probably not fully fit but he’s been abysmal as a centre half so far. Baffling signing.

Edited by TedCrilly