The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
17 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

From what I’ve heard Clyde weren’t so much playing hardball but weren’t prepared to be ripped off. They set a price, we went in 50% below that price so they knocked us back 🤷🏼‍♂️

We were prepared to sign the rapist and couldn’t get the deal done. What a club 🙈

From what I’ve heard Goodwillie is raging Clyde we’re asking for so much! 

4 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Cove signed that guy from Cove (forget his name) and I thought he was done, especially after the opening game up there. Look at them now. Perfect experience helping them gallop to the league title. 

I think it's the name of the club that you forgot. . . . ?😋

Edited by Bairn in Exile

Mutch  was (rightly) taking pelters before Martin replaced him.
It seems that he is one of those players who get better the longer that they are unavailable.

Mutch saved a penalty away to Montrose in the last game he played for before he got dropped.
If he has been dropped the week before after a poor performance at home to Dumbarton that would’ve been fair but was madness to drop him after that Montrose game.

I’ve always rated Mutch so I probably do have a higher opinion of him than most fans however surely there can’t be any debate that he’s better than Paddy Martin? Can’t think of any redeeming features he has as a keeper tbh.

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Mutch saved a penalty away to Montrose in the last game he played for before he got dropped.
If he has been dropped the week before after a poor performance at home to Dumbarton that would’ve been fair but was madness to drop him after that Montrose game.

I’ve always rated Mutch so I probably do have a higher opinion of him than most fans however surely there can’t be any debate that he’s better than Paddy Martin? Can’t think of any redeeming features he has as a keeper tbh.

Mutch is about average for the standard we are currently at but no better than that.

6 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Mutch is about average for the standard we are currently at but no better than that.

Pretty much sums up Mutch, expect to see him and Martin depart at end of season. 
Brings home the fact that our recruitment has been appalling over the past few seasons. What a Fck up of a club we are, mid table in the third league of Scottish football, turnover of around sixty players in three and a bit seasons, and another new management/BOD.

What a sell to anyone……

For this level I don't think Mutch & Martin are as bad as some are making out. They are both young goalies learning their trade so they are going to make mistakes. Admittedly I thought Martin was on the same level as Mutch but with Mutch out injured he's had a few shockers. Wouldn't be surprised if at the end of the season Mutch ended up at St Johnstone given Zander Clark's all but away. They could however be in the championship by then.

16 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

6 full games for St Johnstone in the league this year. Carded in all 6 games, 5 of those cards coming after the 60th minute when no doubt he was humped.

You will no doubt be staggered to know that virtually all those cards were for mouthing off at the referee. 

Yes, he's still doing that 15 years on... 

26 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

For this level I don't think Mutch & Martin are as bad as some are making out. They are both young goalies learning their trade so they are going to make mistakes. Admittedly I thought Martin was on the same level as Mutch but with Mutch out injured he's had a few shockers. Wouldn't be surprised if at the end of the season Mutch ended up at St Johnstone given Zander Clark's all but away. They could however be in the championship by then.

Don’t think your to far off the mark with Mutch, and heading north. 

22 minutes ago, Radford said:

You will no doubt be staggered to know that virtually all those cards were for mouthing off at the referee. 

Yes, he's still doing that 15 years on... 

One of my most old man opinions is that I'd have a team full of guys like that. We've had a load of faceless nobodies with very few leaders for years. A load of moaners who want to win hounding the ref will do me.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We can't sign goodwillie so instead we'll sign a keeper.  Surely complete rubbish or our recruitment is probably even worse now than it's been previously and I didn't think that was possible.  

We've scored 8 goals in our last 2 games yet conceded 5. Perhaps they think it's not as much a priority now with Dowds back? Just spit balling here and I don't agree with that approach but God knows what the guys challenged with recruitment are or are not in the process of. 

18 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We can't sign goodwillie so instead we'll sign a keeper.  Surely complete rubbish or our recruitment is probably even worse now than it's been previously and I didn't think that was possible.  

I’m sure they were looking at both positions anyway so may just be a change of priority for now

Well we’re 18 days into the transfer window and it’s been quiet to say the least so far.

Clearly there’s no point bringing in players who aren’t better than what we’ve got but I hope we haven’t pinned all our hopes on players who we had no chance of signing. 

Edited by PedroMoutinho