The Falkirk FC Thread

What on earth was the point in polling the members if the result was going to be completely ignored!? How anyone can excuse the behaviour of the board and management is beyond me. The only reason we don’t have a rapist playing for him is because we couldn’t afford him. The intention was there. The fact that we couldn’t afford him just masks the complete lack of morals. 

I’d hazard a guess that the offer had already been made and the board were faced with the decision whether to up the offer.
Perhaps the poll result influenced them not to bid higher?
I suspect we will never really know….

7 minutes ago, Rugby Is Terrible said:

What on earth was the point in polling the members if the result was going to be completely ignored!? How anyone can excuse the behaviour of the board and management is beyond me. The only reason we don’t have a rapist playing for him is because we couldn’t afford him. The intention was there. The fact that we couldn’t afford him just masks the complete lack of morals. 

Jesus wept

7 minutes ago, Rugby Is Terrible said:

Pure speculation my friend & by the way rugby is not terrible 😎

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Don’t think you understood my point tbh…

I fully understood your point, but it was a load of rubbish.

The manager will be looking at multiple players for multiple positions at the same time. You don't just focus on the one player until the deal is done and then move to the next, that's just ludicrous, You'd end up missing out on some targets ffs

I fully understood your point, but it was a load of rubbish.
The manager will be looking at multiple players for multiple positions at the same time. You don't just focus on the one player until the deal is done and then move to the next, that's just ludicrous, You'd end up missing out on some targets ffs

Nah, you didn’t…..

Now that Motherwell have some cash I wouldn't be surprised to see Rudden go there, which leaves McCall looking for a striker. Would not be surprised to see DGW rock up at Firhill. We as others have alluded to can't afford him rightly or wrongly. We move on. 

1 hour ago, Rugby Is Terrible said:

Hard to disagree with this if true. 

There’s the thing………”if true”. There have been so many reveals on the Goodwillie stuff on here, and not a single one of them has come to pass.

It’s a bit of a struggle to clamber up to the moral high ground regarding a signing that hasn’t happened. We’ve been here before, and yet again, it hasn’t happened, but this time, people are headed for a moral judgement that we haven’t signed him only because we can’t afford him. Based on what? Someone saying it’s so on P&B? Really?

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Well for what it’s worth today we decided not to pursue DGW any further as irrespective of any other issue Clyde we’re playing hardball and wanted too much cash. We are now focused on getting a new goalkeeper to replace Martin who is simply not good enough . Our next signing will be his replacement . 

Now focused on a keeper? I sincerely hope our recruitment drive isn’t done one target at a time. Should have been looking for a keeper all along as well as other much needed positions. 

Don’t disagree about Martin and I don’t think Mutch is any better but would absolutely prioritise the centre backs and midfield.

Much is miles ahead of Martin imo. I do agree that we need 2 centre backs so we never need to play Hall or McKay again but it’s just as much of a priority that Martin gets replaced as well and if Mutch is still going to be out for a while then we need a new keeper. Paddy Martin doesn’t actually make any saves. I can’t think of a single save he’s made this season that wasn’t of the bog standard you’d expect any ‘keeper to make. He’s not Leo Fasan levels of terrible but he’s still absolutely shite.

2 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Well for what it’s worth today we decided not to pursue DGW any further as irrespective of any other issue Clyde we’re playing hardball and wanted too much cash. We are now focused on getting a new goalkeeper to replace Martin who is simply not good enough . Our next signing will be his replacement . 

From what I’ve heard Clyde weren’t so much playing hardball but weren’t prepared to be ripped off. They set a price, we went in 50% below that price so they knocked us back 🤷🏼‍♂️

We were prepared to sign the rapist and couldn’t get the deal done. What a club 🙈

13 minutes ago, Russ said:

Much is miles ahead of Martin imo. I do agree that we need 2 centre backs so we never need to play Hall or McKay again but it’s just as much of a priority that Martin gets replaced as well and if Mutch is still going to be out for a while then we need a new keeper. Paddy Martin doesn’t actually make any saves. I can’t think of a single save he’s made this season that wasn’t of the bog standard you’d expect any ‘keeper to make. He’s not Leo Fasan levels of terrible but he’s still absolutely shite.

Mutch  was (rightly) taking pelters before Martin replaced him.

It seems that he is one of those players who get better the longer that they are unavailable.

Edited by Reggie Perrin