The Falkirk FC Thread

Would Liam Craig be an improvement on Gary Miller? Yes obviously but he’s been in the St Johnstone team regularly and believe they’ve not long lost Craig Bryson to injury so I wouldn’t expect us to sign him unless a coach role is something he is going into along side his role in the PFA.

1 hour ago, GeordieBairn said:

Alston, McShane, McDaid, Sean Kelly, David McMillan. All absolute guff.

None of them were getting a regular game for their club at that level accept probably Alston and it's still a strange one that he never worked out with us as he's a regular in the Killie team pushing for promotion these days. They were getting binned as they weren't playing. At least Craig is playing regularly and has proven himself at top level for decent successful clubs.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

None of them were getting a regular game for their club at that level accept probably Alston and it's still a strange one that he never worked out with us as he's a regular in the Killie team pushing for promotion these days. They were getting binned as they weren't playing. At least Craig is playing regularly and has proven himself at top level for decent successful clubs.

Killie fans are certainly not particularly impressed with Alston, slow as ever and not physical enough. Similar problems as his year with us. 

On 07/01/2022 at 15:18, HopeStreetWalker said:

If FFS are going about leaking like sieve who they are going after then the whole HR team need sacked.

Clyde rightly should be raging at this disrespect and would not blame them in telling Falkirk to F off.

This is not the way to conduct business. You lose credibility and goodwill in any further dealings with clubs knowing our mob are going to blab about it. Can you image how we would feel if it was the other way round ?

Well for what it’s worth today we decided not to pursue DGW any further as irrespective of any other issue Clyde we’re playing hardball and wanted too much cash. We are now focused on getting a new goalkeeper to replace Martin who is simply not good enough . Our next signing will be his replacement . 

4 hours ago, Springfield said:

What we’d do for an Ivo, Yogi type in the defence, Peter Godfrey was another no nonsense player we’re screaming out for…..

I'd go for Godfrey above Burgess. 

He was a super signing at the time.

4 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I don't know how I'd feel about us signing Liam Craig, at his age he's not exactly going to run a game for 90 minutes. Does obviously bring a bit of dig into the middle of the park but absolutely loves a yellow card just like Hetherington with stupid late fouls. 

To me he's far too similar to Hetherington & Miller in that they're all immobile and give away cheap fouls too often. 

Sitting mid in league 3 should be aok for someone still playing in the top league.

He will point fingers at folk and get stuck in, decent with free kicks too.

His 2-3 yard passing with us previously frustrated the life out of me but we are in the 3rd division now and I don't see any similarities at all with Miller or Hetherington

12 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Well for what it’s worth today we decided not to pursue DGW any further as irrespective of any other issue Clyde we’re playing hardball and wanted too much cash. We are now focused on getting a new goalkeeper to replace Martin who is simply not good enough . Our next signing will be his replacement . 

And your source for this? A new keeper is hardly our number one issue…..

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Don’t disagree. But there are at least two rather more pressing issues in our defence that should be our priority.
if a keeper precedes that then we have lost clarity of our issues….

What if a keeper becomes available before a defender or midfielder? You just going to tell him to wait until we sign a defender?

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Don’t disagree. But there are at least two rather more pressing issues in our defence that should be our priority.

Martin is as bad as Hall. Need Mutch back pronto if no new keeper

10 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

That’s not how the January transfer window works. Come on now. If better is available get him

I’m afraid players becoming available do not fall in the sequence of what we require. If a decent keeper becomes available and that position is in the plane then it’s a no brainier.

I know how it works.
The point that was made was that we were now going to focus our priorities on a keeper. Not that we are looking at keeper options alongside other options.
Mutch is not that far from returning.
We should prioritising our available budget on the most urgent positions is my point….

55 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

What on earth was the point in polling the members if the result was going to be completely ignored!? How anyone can excuse the behaviour of the board and management is beyond me. The only reason we don’t have a rapist playing for him is because we couldn’t afford him. The intention was there. The fact that we couldn’t afford him just masks the complete lack of morals. 

11 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I know how it works.
The point that was made was that we were now going to focus our priorities on a keeper. Not that we are looking at keeper options alongside other options.
Mutch is not that far from returning.
We should prioritising our available budget on the most urgent positions is my point….

You never heard of multi tasking?

For all we know our budget could stretch to 4 or 5 players