The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I always felt that Burgess and Manley were quite a well matched pairing mind you. Manley had the pace good on the ground a more elegant player whilst Burgess was the no nonsense dirty physical slow good in the air type. They compensated for each other quite well.

The amount of times Burgess got done for pace was his downfall, he wouldn't have went back to East Fife 2yrs after leaving us if he had pace whereas Manley left for nearly quarter of a million tells its own story.

Burgess was a better defender down the clubhouse on a Sunday night  

Edited by MrDust

11 minutes ago, MrDust said:

The amount of times Burgess got done for pace was his downfall, he wouldn't have went back to East Fife 2yrs after leaving us if he had pace whereas Manley left for nearly quarter of a million tells its own story.

Burgess was a better defender down the clubhouse on a Sunday night  

Manley was by far the better player whilst Burgess tended to be a fans favourite due to his no nonsense style and off field antics.  We did well to get the amount of cash off Kilmarnock for him that we did.

Same with the 250k we got for Manley who made 100 apps for st mirren but left them at 26 for Hong Kong when he should really have been at his peak.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Yep Queens Park have won one game in 10 and it was against us, don't see it as a miracle to finish 4th for me

We have been living off of “if we do this” or “if we do that” for a few years now, and never actually do it.

The three “ifs” that we finally need to come our way are “if we can stop shipping 3 goals a game” and “if we can convert more than 50% of our chances” and “if we beat QP twice”, then yes, we will reach the play offs.

Burgess was lucky that Gary Smith followed Manley as his partner.

His time with Falkirk ended in a crumpled heap in Perth, when he went down with nobody near him.

My abiding memory of him is him running through treacle at Tynecastle in his Premier League debut.

A rather rude awakening to pace, as Colquhoun, Robertson & Clark ran rings round him.

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

We have been living off of “if we do this” or “if we do that” for a few years now, and never actually do it.

The three “ifs” that we finally need to come our way are “if we can stop shipping 3 goals a game” and “if we can convert more than 50% of our chances” and “if we beat QP twice”, then yes, we will reach the play offs.

As you say First things first. We need to sign 3 or 4 half decent players or we can forget doing anything. We'll should know whether we'll have a sniff at the playoffs within the next couple of weeks.

8 minutes ago, kiddy said:

His time with Falkirk ended in a crumpled heap in Perth, when he went down with nobody near him.

My abiding memory of him is him running through treacle at Tynecastle in his Premier League debut.

A rather rude awakening to pace, as Colquhoun, Robertson & Clark ran rings round him.

I thought his last game was a horrible one nil defeat away  to meadowbank before he left us for Killie at the end of the season.

32 minutes ago, kiddy said:

I always thought that Stuart Burgess ran like Fred Flintstone. His legs seemed to be running for a few seconds before he actually went anywhere!

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Still 48 points to play for this season with 16 games left so the playoffs aren't yet unrealistic but by god we need a few decent signings this window. Hopefully we see some this week as we need to start winning games and can't afford to be leaking 2+ every game. 

New
Williamson New Dixon ATS Mccann
Telfer New
Nesbitt/Morrison
Dowds New

The base of that squad still looks pretty shite tbf. I’d be very surprised if we make the playoffs, regardless of any additions.

Guest Caractacus Potts
35 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

I think it's fair to say, anything the previous board promised wasn't worth a hairy, white 1980s dugshite.

Yeh no doubt about that but it’s worth ratifying all the lies they said as the Rawlins are still hanging around in the background somewhere so good to remember all the crap they pulled if they ever try to get involved again.

‘most professional board we’ve ever worked with’…

20 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He always looked top heavy to me.

But my point is still valid like Hughes and Baptie.  He was a leader and a talker on the park he made Manley and Smith better players because of that.

Sure Burgess was not the fastest but he was the boss in the defense and my goodness we need that presence now.

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

But my point is still valid like Hughes and Baptie.  He was a leader and a talker on the park he made Manley and Smith better players because of that.

Sure Burgess was not the fastest but he was the boss in the defense and my goodness we need that presence now.

What we’d do for an Ivo, Yogi type in the defence, Peter Godfrey was another no nonsense player we’re screaming out for…..