The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

@RandomGuy.Do you know said tweeters ITK status?

He's one of the kids who are part of our "ultras", and I can't remember him ever having a single scoop before tbh.

It'll undoubtedly come true but we're currently down to about 3 fit CMs, in a relegation battle, and he's no record of being ITK so I'd file it under "shite" just now.

Liam Craig would be a great signing at this level, as previously commented though not getting too excited as probs won’t happen.

Am I not right in thinking that his wife works or worked in the Falkirk FC office? Or was that someone else?
Could see this being a possibility. Sure hope it’s true….

1 minute ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

player/coach?   Do we need any more coaches?   As a player be great to have Liam back.

If that has to be done to get him on board then so be it.  Coaching role for his post playing career  and also sweetens the deal wages wise for him. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's one of the kids who are part of our "ultras", and I can't remember him ever having a single scoop before tbh.

It'll undoubtedly come true but we're currently down to about 3 fit CMs, in a relegation battle, and he's no record of being ITK so I'd file it under "shite" just now.

B1FE28DF-9DF3-4291-93D1-81D7910F9E4D.gif

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Am I not right in thinking that his wife works or worked in the Falkirk FC office? Or was that someone else?
Could see this being a possibility. Sure hope it’s true….

She certainly did think that was how they met?  Not sure if she still does or not though.

Hes certainly still local and at some point is obviously going to be thinking about his post playing career, as well as having to drop down to keep getting games.

Should also mean Callumn Morrison never being near another penalty, so its a yes from me.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

As far as I know his wife still works for FFC and I’m sure he lives up the Inches in Larbert.

Just about to post this, I'm not itk but one thing i do know is that he stays in larbert! Could be true

I don't know how I'd feel about us signing Liam Craig, at his age he's not exactly going to run a game for 90 minutes. Does obviously bring a bit of dig into the middle of the park but absolutely loves a yellow card just like Hetherington with stupid late fouls. 

To me he's far too similar to Hetherington & Miller in that they're all immobile and give away cheap fouls too often. 

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

I don't know how I'd feel about us signing Liam Craig, at his age he's not exactly going to run a game for 90 minutes. Does obviously bring a bit of dig into the middle of the park but absolutely loves a yellow card just like Hetherington with stupid late fouls. 

To me he's far too similar to Hetherington & Miller in that they're all immobile and give away cheap fouls too often. 

Disagree, never a runner, but great brain, can thread a pass and an eye for scoring. Better than these two numpties put together. 

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Obviously all hypothetical but how would you describe the 35 year old Liam Craig's abilities on the park this season?

A guy who was part of a team that won two cups, was at the top end of the Premiership and played in Europe isn’t good enough for third tier Falkirk?
Again, Messi isn’t available (and you probably think he’s too old and slow now too)…..[emoji3]

Guest TedCrilly
25 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I agree tbh. Certainly a great player with leadership qualities and would do well in this division but it doesn’t really fix our midfield. Him, Telfer and Nesbitt would still be overrun imo. 

Edited by TedCrilly

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

A guy who was part of a team that won two cups, was at the top end of the Premiership and played in Europe isn’t good enough for third tier Falkirk?
Again, Messi isn’t available (and you probably think he’s too old and slow now too)…..emoji3.png

How long have we talked about the lack of energy and legs in the middle of the park? Is Liam Craig going to provide that at 35?