The Falkirk FC Thread

Tell us your bringing in much needed reinforcements at the back to shore up the defence as we can't go on letting in two or three goals a match.  Their flogging a dead horse trying to convince any fan that training clowns like Mackay and hall will make any difference whatsoever.  Sheerin finally realised and admitted that they just haven't got it.

Pretty sure he told us that in the interview. But it looks like it’s up to the players in mind to accept our offer….

31 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

But Raith signed players like Hendry and gullen when they were stuck in league one. Partick  signed tiffoney when they were mid table in league one. So I don't see what your fucking point is. If they can do it in league one then why the hell do we find it so bloody difficult despite having far more resources?

Tiffoney is far too good for league one anyone knows that. He's a half decent championship player not good enough for the top flight.  Never mind we signed a 17 year old from Dundee United who was nowhere near ready.

It was you that was quoting the players that these teams are signing now. You may well be right though because I don't think this new BOD are up to the job of allowing the management team to sign any actual good players, in fact they shouldn't have appointed them in the first place...should they?

We’ve got 11 days to get players in/out. After listening to Rennies interview I’m desperately trying to keep positive…….

Me too. As I said in an earlier post players are probably keeping their options open until the final week.
I’m not sure it’s going to be easy to get the players we want in the window.
We will probably get some signings, but less than we want and probably not our first choices in all cases either…

9 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

It was you that was quoting the players that these teams are signing now. You may well be right though because I don't think this new BOD are up to the job of allowing the management team to sign any actual good players, in fact they shouldn't have appointed them in the first place...should they?

Time will tell what their recruitments like starting this week hopefully but it needs to be better than the last few seasons surely. Atrocious recruitment is why we are where we are. We need to see that we've finally turned the corner in that area.

Guest Ecosse83

Going by the end of the managers interview it looks like they are waiting for the right players and not just signing players for the sake of it! I know we need players now but I’d rather wait and get the right ones this time that will actually improve the team. 

That 3rd goal . Rennie seemed to think it was a foul but to me it's just a dreadful bit of defending by ATS didn't take long for him to join the f**k up club and then an even worse bit of goalkeeping from Martin.  Horrific goal to lose.

We continue to miss out on players that have played against us in this league and done well for some reason. The boy frizzell is an excellent player. Always looked a player at Killie and I was surprised when he ended up at  Dumbarton after he left them.  Airdrie clearly saw his ability and picked him up and he was excellent today. We need to be far better at identifying players that we play against in this league instead of constantly missing out.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

4 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Ask Morton and indeed Livi fans what they think of Tiffoney.

If Falkirk were in the position that Arbroath and Raith are in now we may be able to sign players of that calibre too. We're not, which is the whole fucking point!!

Shite? He's far too lightweight and had zero end product with us. We gained a far better player out of the deal in James Penrice who's strolling it in the Premiership at LB.

His only redeeming factor was that he was fast but even at that he struggled massively when anyone brought physicality into the game against him. He looked like a wee boy half the time in the Premiership. 

6 hours ago, 1876 ffc said:

MR’s interview is a car crash. Anybody’s fault but his.

Tier 4 is a real possibility.

Isn’t really his fault though is it? He’s inherited a shit show of a squad and he’s made obvious improvements, but nothing he can do will change the fact we need to play Hall and McKay who are both way below par

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

But Raith signed players like Hendry and gullen when they were stuck in league one. Partick  signed tiffoney when they were mid table in league one. So I don't see what your fucking point is. If they can do it in league one then why the hell do we find it so bloody difficult despite having far more resources?

Tiffoney is far too good for league one anyone knows that. He's a half decent championship player not good enough for the top flight.  Never mind we signed a 17 year old from Dundee United who was nowhere near ready.

Shadwell, you’re continually overlooking the points that have already been made that we are not in the same position as Arbroath, Raith and Partick. Whether you want to admit it or not, with what has happened over recent years, we are not an attractive club for players or for other clubs to loan players. We have year on year got worse as well as the club publicly embarrassing themselves on many occasions. We have a lot of work to do before we become an attractive proposition again. 

This is also why I believe the club are trying to sign Goodwillie. He, like us has a damaged reputation and is of the quality required that we can likely attract to the club  

For me there are four positions needing sorted. 
1. Goalkeeper - if we can’t get anyone in then Mutch (who I am not the greatest fan of) has to play. Martin is awful

2. CH - if we are going to play a back three that central CH needs to be a big aggressive leader. If you can only get one then Hall is the worst of the three. He set the tone yesterday after 30 seconds sclaffing a simple pass. Dixon returning also gives the option to play ATS at wing back. McCann is struggling.

3. Defensive midfielder - leader, disciplined and has a range of passing. Miller and a Hetherington not good enough. 

4. Striker - too many chances missed. 

There certainly has been progress going forward - and rapid progress from the ultra negative Sheerinball. Rennie now needs to sort the defence.

The damage that Sheerin (and he is as much to blame as Holt if not more for me), Holt and the previous Board have done is unforgivable. They have us in such a mess we are for the 4th or 5th window in a row with a squad needing major surgery that sadly wont be fixed properly this January. 

57 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

For me there are four positions needing sorted. 
1. Goalkeeper - if we can’t get anyone in then Mutch (who I am not the greatest fan of) has to play. Martin is awful

2. CH - if we are going to play a back three that central CH needs to be a big aggressive leader. If you can only get one then Hall is the worst of the three. He set the tone yesterday after 30 seconds sclaffing a simple pass. Dixon returning also gives the option to play ATS at wing back. McCann is struggling.

3. Defensive midfielder - leader, disciplined and has a range of passing. Miller and a Hetherington not good enough. 

4. Striker - too many chances missed. 

There certainly has been progress going forward - and rapid progress from the ultra negative Sheerinball. Rennie now needs to sort the defence.

The damage that Sheerin (and he is as much to blame as Holt if not more for me), Holt and the previous Board have done is unforgivable. They have us in such a mess we are for the 4th or 5th window in a row with a squad needing major surgery that sadly wont be fixed properly this January. 

Correct, the spine of the team over the past few seasons has been very poor, and no surprise how low we’ve sunk.

There’s absolute no guarantee that Rennie will get this corrected in this window. The interview and body language almost confirms that we are finding it difficult to get better players in.

For me it’s almost a guarantee that we will be another year in this league, therefore I’m beginning to wonder If Rennie and BODs strategies are to try and ride the season out, emptying the continued named sinners, and a far better chance of getting better players to our club in time for the new season.

On a positive- If Rennie can get these key positions filled (in this window) we may have a very outside chance of the playoffs……………….here’s hoping………..

15 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Correct, the spine of the team over the past few seasons has been very poor, and no surprise how low we’ve sunk.

There’s absolute no guarantee that Rennie will get this corrected in this window. The interview and body language almost confirms that we are finding it difficult to get better players in.

For me it’s almost a guarantee that we will be another year in this league, therefore I’m beginning to wonder If Rennie and BODs strategies are to try and ride the season out, emptying the continued named sinners, and a far better chance of getting better players to our club in time for the new season.

On a positive- If Rennie can get these key positions filled (in this window) we may have a very outside chance of the playoffs……………….here’s hoping………..

I would think they are most certainly trying to get what the minimum that is required this window. 
Hopefully movement this week 

Edited by Back Post Misses

14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I would think they are most certainly trying to get what the minimum that is required this window. 
Hopefully movement this week 

I’m pretty confident that Rennie will know where we need to improve however bringing in a new spine of quality to a really poor team is almost impossible during the January window. Let’s hope he gets at least some of his targets and at least it’s not Gary Holt identifying them.

I am resigned to another season in this league which will have Airdrie, Montrose, a likely improved QP, a flying Kelty and another relegated side next season. Season on season we look more and more like a mid-table League 1 team - it’s really grim.

The back to back appointments of Paul Hartley and Ray McKinnon look more damaging week on week. 

6 years ago tomorrow I watched us draw 1-1 with Hibs in front on over 7000 fans. We went on to finish 2nd, above Hibs and lose in the play off final.

I can’t believe how far we have fallen in 6 years. It’s been brutal.

Guest TedCrilly
1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

McCann has struggled a handful of games for me but has been one of our better players over the season. He’s a young guy and I’d prefer to continue to develop him. Hard to justify after his worst performance in a Falkirk jersey yesterday. ATS was a poor signing imo, he’s not a great CB and the left side of the three was the least needing looked at once Dixon is back. On form I don’t know how you fit in all of the three.

2 hours ago, Rocco said:

Shadwell, you’re continually overlooking the points that have already been made that we are not in the same position as Arbroath, Raith and Partick. Whether you want to admit it or not, with what has happened over recent years, we are not an attractive club for players or for other clubs to loan players. We have year on year got worse as well as the club publicly embarrassing themselves on many occasions. We have a lot of work to do before we become an attractive proposition again. 

This is also why I believe the club are trying to sign Goodwillie. He, like us has a damaged reputation and is of the quality required that we can likely attract to the club  

@Blame Me why the red? What part of that doesn’t make sense?

3 hours ago, Rocco said:

Nope.

Our "damaged reputation" as you call it is due to the club being badly managed in both a business and footballing sense, but it happened by accident, if you will. His genuine damaged reputation is well deserved and due to the deliberate act of him and his mate raping a young woman. They hardly equate to the same thing, making us an ideal match, surely?

If we were to sign Goodwillie, which would be a deliberate act on our part, then our reputation would be well and truly damaged, that's for sure, and we would deserve all the condemnation that we would undoubtedly receive. It must never happen. Never.

12 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Nope.

Our "damaged reputation" as you call it is due to the club being badly managed in both a business and footballing sense, but it happened by accident, if you will. His genuine damaged reputation is well deserved and due to the deliberate act of him and his mate raping a young woman. They hardly equate to the same thing, making us an ideal match, surely?

If we were to sign Goodwillie, which would be a deliberate act on our part, then our reputation would be well and truly damaged, that's for sure, and we would deserve all the condemnation that we would undoubtedly receive. It must never happen. Never.

At no point did I make out the reputation damage was anywhere near the same. What I was clearly pointing out is we are in such a state that I do think the club have explored this signing as we are a club that is going to find it difficult to attract the quality we want/need.