The Falkirk FC Thread

I'll be surprised if there isn't one or two in afore next game, a mouthy experienced goalie a right sided centre half and a defensive mid would be my first 3 and at least two of them would make a huge difference. I can't see us bringing in two centre defenders tbh. 

McKay isn't fit for purpose but for sure not in a back three, his mobility when put on the right side shone like brightest star in the sky.

There is definitely more effort, even Nesbitt raised his speed of play, our defensive frailties is killing us, we now look like we can score goals now tho.

The league was gone whilst Sheerin was still here but the play offs are not

55 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

It's not just a matter of signing 'decent quality' though Shadwell. Getting players to come will now be very, very difficult. McInroy for example has just returned to Celtic and, by all accounts, is a decent defensive mid. At the beginning of the season we may have had a good chance of getting him but, if it was you, would you opt to sign for Falkirk or go back to Airdrie given the current situations of both clubs?

You have a knack of making it sound like there's a queue of good players just itching to join us which most definitely will not be the case. In fact, I think that Rennie & Miller have already discovered this given Miller's earlier comments of 'signings will be made sooner rather than later'. 

It's simply not as easy as it sounds.

Spot on

57 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

It's not just a matter of signing 'decent quality' though Shadwell. Getting players to come will now be very, very difficult. McInroy for example has just returned to Celtic and, by all accounts, is a decent defensive mid. At the beginning of the season we may have had a good chance of getting him but, if it was you, would you opt to sign for Falkirk or go back to Airdrie given the current situations of both clubs?

You have a knack of making it sound like there's a queue of good players just itching to join us which most definitely will not be the case. In fact, I think that Rennie & Miller have already discovered this given Miller's earlier comments of 'signings will be made sooner rather than later'. 

It's simply not as easy as it sounds.

Do you think the likes of mccall or Jeffries would be struggling to get anybody in the door by this stage?  If they can't get players over the line then they are the wrong guys for the job.  The real successful managers get players in . They make players want to play with them sometimes over better offers elsewhere.  The longer we go without players in the door the more points disappearing over the horizon. 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Rennies recruitment will tell us all we need to know regarding his future here. Imperative that it's a million times better than the last few managers we've had.  Surely next week we'll get some decent quality in at last. Im not sure I can face many more weeks of hall, Mackay and miller stinking the place out.

Decent quality won’t just appear from nowhere. It’s not quite as simple as you are making it out to be. 

Decent quality won’t just appear from nowhere. It’s not quite as simple as you are making it out to be. 

Agreed. It’s also v difficult to sign quality players in this transfer window which the aforementioned would also struggle with.
If that’s not enough we are looking for players to come and play for a failing mid table League One side this season.
Good luck with that……

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If you have the right contacts and status in the game it is.  Look at how the likes of mccall, mcglynn or dick Campbell manage to get the right players in no matter the level they are at.  All have superb contacts at clubs throughout the country and players are very keen to play for them as we found out way back when McCall managed to get the likes of coyle etc to play for the team that had just been second bottom of the league the previous year.  When recruiting our  manager contacts and status should've been right up there as necessary for any new appointment  or we'll continue with the same shite recruitment we've had for the past 10 years or so.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Do you think the likes of mccall or Jeffries would be struggling to get anybody in the door by this stage?  If they can't get players over the line then they are the wrong guys for the job.  The real successful managers get players in . They make players want to play with them sometimes over better offers elsewhere.  The longer we go without players in the door the more points disappearing over the horizon. 

Aye but we are nowhere near the same club we were in the 90’s either.

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You’ve actually lost it mate. Get real

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Aye but we are nowhere near the same club we were in the 90’s either.

McCall was getting decent quality like tiffoney to sign for him when mid table in league one whilst we were signing kids.  The concern is whether Rennie has the contacts and status in Scottish football to get deals over the line. Hopefully we will find out soon enough.

Just now, Rocco said:

You’ve actually lost it mate. Get real

I've not lost it at all. The likes of mcglynn, Campbell and McCall have all managed to get decent quality players to play for them in league one and it resulted in all 3 winning the league.  That's simple facts.  

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Different era now to 20 odd year ago with Jeffries and when was the last time McCall was in the top league ?

There was a lot of Scottish guys out of favour in the English leagues for Jeffries to pick up back then, totally different game now.

Have you forgotten we have been a laughing stock for the full country and the world with the Q and A, pumped 6-0 by Queens who hadn't won a game for an age, beaten comfortably by Cove and Clyde in recent weeks and the only news out of our club is staff getting sacked or resigned. 

Any player will do their research before they sign up and we are in the 3rd division 

21 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Christ! I've just agreed with Shadwell 😬

Edited by Blame Me
Emoji

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I've not lost it at all. The likes of mcglynn, Campbell and McCall have all managed to get decent quality players to play for them in league one and it resulted in all 3 winning the league.  That's simple facts.  

Are you forgetting everything that’s happened at our club at the last 4-5 years? Getting worse year on year, publicly slagging off players past and present, board members embarrassing themselves for the world to see and let’s not forget the huge turnover of players.

None of the managers you mentioned were recruiting with that hanging over them. Even as a fan, if I had a job at another club and Falkirk wanted to loan a player I was at, I doubt I’d send them 

10 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Different era now to 20 odd year ago with Jeffries and when was the last time McCall was in the top league ?

There was a lot of Scottish guys out of favour in the English leagues for Jeffries to pick up back then, totally different game now.

Have you forgotten we have been a laughing stock for the full country and the world with the Q and A, pumped 6-0 by Queens who hadn't won a game for an age, beaten comfortably by Cove and Clyde in recent weeks and the only news out of our club is staff getting sacked or resigned. 

Any player will do their research before they sign up and we are in the 3rd division 

Campbell, mcglynn, and McCall have all managed through excellent contacts to get good quality players to come and play for them in league one winning them the league and have continued to use these contacts in the championship and it sees them fighting it out at or near the top. We have been completely left behind in the area of recruitment by these 3 wily old managers who probably piss themselves laughing when they hear Holt going on about player profiles and all that pish.

Sorry,guys.Was at pre Xmas hospitality  v Cove .Yous were all over the place.Non Falkirk fan but even with Holt gone yous have the previable mountain to climb to even get get to the playoffs.Get your act together and go for it.Enjoyed my day,despite the result.👍🤞.

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

McCall was getting decent quality like tiffoney to sign for him when mid table in league one whilst we were signing kids.  The concern is whether Rennie has the contacts and status in Scottish football to get deals over the line. Hopefully we will find out soon enough.

Our clubs a mess mate that’s why we’ll struggle to get good players on loan.

Take Krasniqi for example - get the boy on loan and treat him really, really poorly.

Rennie is really up against it trying to bring players on loan to us.

He’s been here about a month - give the man a break.

3 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Are you forgetting everything that’s happened at our club at the last 4-5 years? Getting worse year on year, publicly slagging off players past and present, board members embarrassing themselves for the world to see and let’s not forget the huge turnover of players.

None of the managers you mentioned were recruiting with that hanging over them. Even as a fan, if I had a job at another club and Falkirk wanted to loan a player I was at, I doubt I’d send them 

That's exactly why you need a manager players trust and want to play for.  Dick Campbell could get players to come to Arbroath a club in league one that had done very little in the game and was situated in the arse end of beyond  but look at them now . Raith were going nowhere when mcglynn took over. They were also a basket case of a club but he still got players to come and play like reghan henry for instance.  McCall took Ayr United from league one to the top flight playoffs and Ayr aren't a club many players are exactly desperately.holding out to play for.  The status of the manager is vitally important to get players in. We'll find out soon enough how our man's doing.