The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Baggio said:

If we don't sort out the back it really doesn't matter who is up front. Every single one were culpable today. You can't expect strikers to go out knowing they have to find 3/4 goals a game to win it.

I agree but we need to be more clinical. We’re far too wasteful

All this being said, it really does highlight how low an ebb we are at that we go into games against the likes of Airdrie expecting to lose, with our expectations more often than not going on to materialise. A thoroughly depressing place to be in.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

1 hour ago, champions said:

Exactly this

Game could easily be 2 each but its glaringly obvious we needed reinforcements in but for whatever reason it hasn't happened 

Does anyone know why we didnt go for someone like Ian Murray?

Because he already has a job at a club several points ahead of yours? 

We got a reprieve last Saturday, today back to reality. A team which looks like it couldn’t give two Fcks, appallingly easy to beat and as posted it doesn’t matter who’s up front with that defence. Sorry but I expected better signed by now, hope they make me eat my words…………

We got a reprieve last Saturday, today back to reality. A team which looks like it couldn’t give two Fcks, appallingly easy to beat and as posted it doesn’t matter who’s up front with that defence. Sorry but I expected better signed by now, hope they make me eat my words…………

I don’t agree with this.
At the back we look completely incapable (understatement), but unlike under the last regime there was definitely plenty of fight in the team today and that’s been missing for a couple of seasons tbh.
Definitely still git a bit more confidence in our new management team working with terrible options…

I do fear for Falkirk (pardon the pun). There’s certainly a victim complex within that club and the poor me syndrome oozes out of the players, staff and support. A deserved zero points for the bairns and another inevitable year in Cinch League 1. Enjoy  ♦️   

I do fear for Falkirk (pardon the pun). There’s certainly a victim complex within that club and the poor me syndrome oozes out of the players, staff and support. A deserved zero points for the bairns and another inevitable year in Cinch League 1. Enjoy  2666.png   

We will see you next season [emoji3590]

“Expect the unexpected” has never been less applicable than now. Year after year of failure whenever the opposition is remotely up for it. Big game next week in our battle to avoid relegation playoff spot - because that’s what it is - 3 points needed. 

2 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

I do fear for Falkirk (pardon the pun). There’s certainly a victim complex within that club and the poor me syndrome oozes out of the players, staff and support. A deserved zero points for the bairns and another inevitable year in Cinch League 1. Enjoy  ♦️   

The absolute knick of that

Guest Caractacus Potts

The depressing thing is that we will now have less points than what we finished last season after 22 games. The worst part is we have still only played 20 games. 

20 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I don’t agree with this.
At the back we look completely incapable (understatement), but unlike under the last regime there was definitely plenty of fight in the team today and that’s been missing for a couple of seasons tbh.
Definitely still git a bit more confidence in our new management team working with terrible options…

Ok maybe a bit strong with the couldn’t give two fcks part, stand by the rest.

11 minutes ago, Baggio said:
28 minutes ago, Rocco said:
I agree but we need to be more clinical. We’re far too wasteful

Get a competent defense, take the pressure off the front line and who knows. There's goals in Dowds now for sure.

There's goals in the team.

Was anyone really surprised that we lost today? The defensive failings have been glaringly obvious all season so it was inevitable that we would lose goals to a half decent side. Rennie knows this and I'm sure will be doing his best to get defenders in. 

If we can get a stabilised defence with better than what's there currently and a better defensive midfielder I think we will most definitely start scoring and moving forward. Getting the 3 players we need will be the hard part though.

It would be good of course to get a striker and goalie in too but the priority has to be two defenders and a ball winning midfielder.

Either way I'd be keeping Rennie for as long as we can. I think he's got something about him and he's improved things so far.

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

There's goals in the team.

Was anyone really surprised that we lost today? The defensive failings have been glaringly obvious all season so it was inevitable that we would lose goals to a half decent side. Rennie knows this and I'm sure will be doing his best to get defenders in. 

If we can get a stabilised defence with better than what's there currently and a better defensive midfielder I think we will most definitely start scoring and moving forward. Getting the 3 players we need will be the hard part though.

It would be good of course to get a striker and goalie in too but the priority has to be two defenders and a ball winning midfielder.

Either way I'd be keeping Rennie for as long as we can. I think he's got something about him and he's improved things so far.

Rennies recruitment will tell us all we need to know regarding his future here. Imperative that it's a million times better than the last few managers we've had.  Surely next week we'll get some decent quality in at last. Im not sure I can face many more weeks of hall, Mackay and miller stinking the place out.

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Rennies recruitment will tell us all we need to know regarding his future here. Imperative that it's a million times better than the last few managers we've had.  Surely next week we'll get some decent quality in at last. Im not sure I can face many more weeks of hall, Mackay and miller stinking the place out.

It's not just a matter of signing 'decent quality' though Shadwell. Getting players to come will now be very, very difficult. McInroy for example has just returned to Celtic and, by all accounts, is a decent defensive mid. At the beginning of the season we may have had a good chance of getting him but, if it was you, would you opt to sign for Falkirk or go back to Airdrie given the current situations of both clubs?

You have a knack of making it sound like there's a queue of good players just itching to join us which most definitely will not be the case. In fact, I think that Rennie & Miller have already discovered this given Miller's earlier comments of 'signings will be made sooner rather than later'. 

It's simply not as easy as it sounds.

46 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

It's not just a matter of signing 'decent quality' though Shadwell. Getting players to come will now be very, very difficult. McInroy for example has just returned to Celtic and, by all accounts, is a decent defensive mid. At the beginning of the season we may have had a good chance of getting him but, if it was you, would you opt to sign for Falkirk or go back to Airdrie given the current situations of both clubs?

You have a knack of making it sound like there's a queue of good players just itching to join us which most definitely will not be the case. In fact, I think that Rennie & Miller have already discovered this given Miller's earlier comments of 'signings will be made sooner rather than later'. 

It's simply not as easy as it sounds.

Alluded to this earlier hard sell to anyone especially mid term, however agree with SDW surely we can get better that what’s on show