The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, GeordieBairn said:

Dont need a striker? Morrison has just missed 2 of the most clear cut chances youll see. Keena is only half decent off the bench.

Not saying he's the answer long term but Babe Ruth would've scored at least one of those.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Think you're being a bit harsh. I'd say the second half is the best we've looked against non pub team opposition for months. 

In saying that, cannot miss three sitters and lose three terrible, terrible goals and expect to get anything from a game. Either encouragingly or annoyingly, I think if you put three or four more competent players in the side we'd be decent. I like this formation and Williamson has been very good the last couple of weeks. The tempo second jalf was much better than the first.

We should win next week with this side but until we add more solidity instead of Hall/McKay and get some proper mobile midfielders in we're the fifth best side in the division at best.

Maybe I've had a few q too many to really focus enough but I didn't see much improvement. The goals we conceded were the same goals we have conceded all season and id be ashamed to conceded them playing a Sunday. They are dreadful goals. 

Maybe that doesn't say much about our attacking play but defensively I can't remember being worse in the 20 years.

3 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Dont need a striker? Morrison has just missed 2 of the most clear cut chances youll see. Keena is only half decent off the bench.

Yeah and we scored 2 - one by a striker. Don't concede and we've nicked that game regardless of sitters missed!

Just now, latapythelegend said:

Maybe I've had a few q too many to really focus enough but I didn't see much improvement. The goals we conceded were the same goals we have conceded all season and id be ashamed to conceded them playing a Sunday. They are dreadful goals. 

Maybe that doesn't say much about our attacking play but defensively I can't remember being worse in the 20 years.

I agree with you completely re the defence. Hall and McKay is a goal a game to the opposition at a minimum. McCann got roasted today too and went to bits in possession for the last half hour or so.

Thought that was a fairly even game overall.

We’re an absolute shambles at the back and will automatically concede 2 goals to half decent opposition until that’s addressed- Hall and McKay poor as usual but the other 3 weren’t great today either. 3 great chances missed as well.

2 centre halves still needed along with a defensive midfielder and striker- Keena’s not the answer alongside Dowds as he just doesn’t contribute enough imo.

I’d also be looking for a goalkeeper- what Martin was doing for the 3rd goal I don’t know (albeit he may well not have been fit).

I wouldn’t be playing Mcguffie at CM or at all tbh. He’s not good enough on the wing and is effectively a man down in midfield.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

25 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Our only signing so far is another player who can't hit the goals from 6 yards bloody out. These are games where points are available and we're just gifting them away by not bringing in new players we so badly need.

Because ATS was signed for his goal scoring prowess 🙄

Another striker would be welcome but absolute priority must be sorting out the centre of defence and getting a decent defensive midfielder in.

On reflection a good goalkeeper should be more of a priority than a striker as well.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

18 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Bit disappointed we never got any new faces in this week. So same starting eleven as last week barring any injuries or covid drop outs. The new system and Williamson being fit for this game should hopefully cause Airdrie a lot more problems. Morrison needs to be more clinical this week as we'll need to score 2+ to win with dick & dom at the back. 

Could one of the FTV guys on here maybe ask Rennie in his post match interview for an update on the squad. Is Mcdaid back at Dundee? Will Ruth be staying for the season? How long the injured players are going to remain out for? 

And as a side piece ask him how long he reckons it'll take him to punt Mckay & Hall to buggery.

This didn't age well, still FTV get the questions asked. 

19 minutes ago, champions said:

If theres a way to lose then I suppose that is it. Plenty of effort and clear cut chances.

Tbh, that might be fair enough if we were in the Premier League. At this level, I'm not too interested in Falkirk "losing the right way". We've lost - again. That's it.

There is simply no sign of any change to the pattern that has been set pretty much since we were relegated to League One two and a half years ago. Knock a few past a rancid Clyde or Dumbarton without too many problems. The following week, against any opponent who would even come close to meeting the description of being remotely competent or organised - well, we simply are not winning games of football. 5 points from a possible 27 against today's opponents in the past three seasons sums it up - just shameful.

Trust there will be significant movement on the player front this week - both in and out.