The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

January is always a difficult window, but with covid cover clubs are retaining players they maybe would have released or put out on loan just to bulk out their squad. No easy to get players in imo. This is where contacts, favours and looking further afield come into play.

Where does the fault lie though?

Holt must've been working on recruitment from Oct - Dec and identifying players with his staff and Sheerin. There must be collateral produced over that period that has gone in the bin when the new BOD or Rennie appeared.

Was AT-S even considered before impressing for Dunfermline.

Midway through the window and knowing we need fresh blood - as acknowledged before last week's game - and another week slips by without even one new face something does seem amiss.

36 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Holt must've been working on recruitment from Oct - Dec and identifying players with his staff and Sheerin. There must be collateral produced over that period that has gone in the bin when the new BOD or Rennie appeared.

Midway through the window and knowing we need fresh blood - as acknowledged before last week's game - and another week slips by without even one new face something does seem amiss.

What seems amis?

Aye Holt would have been working on recruitment but as proved he's not very good at it. Would you prefer Rennie n Miller to go with Holts list or their own? They're aren't many teams signing numerous players up to this point or is there something I've missed.

20 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

What seems amis?

Aye Holt would have been working on recruitment but as proved he's not very good at it. Would you prefer Rennie n Miller to go with Holts list or their own? They're aren't many teams signing numerous players up to this point or is there something I've missed.

The others don't need to, we do.

I had ex Falkirk player/assistant manager Brian Rice on my podcast this week. A top guy and proper football man who shares some brilliant stories and insight. Hope everyone enjoys 👍🏻⚽

Youtube: 

Spotify: 

Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/a-chat-with-brian-rice/id1570371231?i=1000547415587

Cheers

Ross

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

Hopefully just taking a bit longer to get players released from the clubs they are at the now. Still time enough but we also can't afford to go into too many more games without reinforcements or it will be too late.  

If we get to the end of the window without some decent recruitment though alarm bells will be ringing. Games all about recruitment these days and the two working on ours should be using their best contacts this window to get players in. If they can't then we're back to square one.  Hopefully a few in next week once the top flight sides are back playing.

2 hours ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

What seems amis?

Id guess most of January business in the lower leagues are mainly loans, the top league are just back from the winter break, so I'd expect a few starting to filter through the league's now.

It's a difficult window unless you are offering a transfer fee, even then it's not that easy. 

Clubs with recently new managers usually a place where players availability is greater. I hope Miller has a few contacts down south to call on for a decent loan. I am not by any means sticking up for Holt here but I'd guess we have had offers in for players and they have thought no or I'll hold on,our club has been a car crash and it's in the third tier.

Last week's result albeit Dumbarton will only help the cause and a good result today onwards will help to entice players, the league table is sore on the eyes reading the goals for and against column, previously the enticement that it's the chance of a league winners medal, it's now play offs 

No point in making signings for the sake of it that are another Hetherington or Wilson.

Badcock to be announced at 2pm. 

50k to Clyde and 1K a week on an 18th month deal.

Rennie won't play him today, or ever, won't even let him train because football is a family sport and there is no place in football for a rapist! 

Falkirk will gain a huge amount of respect from clubs all over Scotland for their exemplary moral stance.  Sponsor revenue and fan base will increase as a result if this new found respect.

Best 128k the new board will ever spend! 

make-it-so-5c7670.jpg

Edited by some_guy
Typo

Badcock to be announced at 2pm. 
50k to Clyde and 1K a week on an 18th month deal.
Rennie won't play him today, or ever, won't even let him train because football is a family sport and there is no place in football for a rapist! 
Falkirk will gain a huge amount of respect from clubs all over Scotland for their exemplary moral stance.  Sponsor revenue and fan base will increase as a result if this new found respect.
Best 128k the new board will ever spend! 

make-it-so-5c7670.jpg.218a6d6641fbcae901e9380b4bbcc7e2.jpg
Training with Rennie and Miller playing Goodcock Badcock

I'm sure it's incredibly obvious to Rennie where the team needs strengthened. I'd rather he took his time to get the right players in than bring in yet more dross.

The league title is already gone but actually using this window well and having the best squad possible may yield success in the play-offs 

12 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I'm sure it's incredibly obvious to Rennie where the team needs strengthened. I'd rather he took his time to get the right players in than bring in yet more dross.

The league title is already gone but actually using this window well and having the best squad possible may yield success in the play-offs 

In the meantime he's playing to our strengths (better link up between middle & final 3rd) rather than basing our play around protecting a weak defence. Last week's goals weren't so much gifts from Dumbarton, more results of forced errors. Fair play to him for that, it's encouraging.