The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

So it's ok for the board to say fuk all when there is no news but not for the manager 😂😂

There is news though. What's Dixon's injury situation? Has sneddon been brought back to play? Are we closer toaking any signings?t's not the managers fault it's the questions getting asked or not getting asked that's the problem. It's pre Airdrie but they hardly even mention the Airdrie game.

14 minutes ago, AGPar said:

It's been discussed on here a few times. The suggestion being that it's some sort of club rule not to give out any information whatsoever with regard to fitness or injuries for fear that it gives a competitive advantage to the opposing team. Certainly a policy that's been working out incredibly well for us over the past few seasons at least.

I don't think anyone expects the manager to name sats starting 11 but there's been a lot going on at the club that he could be asked about Has he been asked how he feels regarding taking over from Holt on recruitment for instance? Signing any closer? Thoughts on bringing back sneddon. Anythings better than basically aye the boys are buzzin.

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

There is news though. What's Dixon's injury situation? Has sneddon been brought back to play? Are we closer toaking any signings?t's not the managers fault it's the questions getting asked or not getting asked that's the problem. It's pre Airdrie but they hardly even mention the Airdrie game.

So if Rennie said he doesn't know how long Dixon will be out for and Sneddon is back, you'd have been happy ?

There really was fuk all news to tell, the above is not news to affect a pre Airdrie interview

13 minutes ago, MrDust said:

So if Rennie said he doesn't know how long Dixon will be out for and Sneddon is back, you'd have been happy ?

There really was fuk all news to tell, the above is not news to affect a pre Airdrie interview

Why is sneddon back?  Is it to play him or cover loan him elsewhere. I'm sure he can tell you if it's weeks or months for Dixon.  The interview hardly mentions Airdrie anyway for a supposed pre Airdrie interview. You get far more info from epl clubs at the top of the game who don't seem at all bothered to let people know who is available and who isn't and yet we seem to refuse to give out any info whatsoever. The interview is a complete waste of time.

10 minutes ago, some_guy said:

Did Stokes score back to back Hat-tricks or was Sammy against Hearts then Arbroath the last time we seen this feat? Don't expect lightning to strike twice and Airdie will be a lot better defensively, but we can live in hope! 

Scored back to back against Dundee United and Dunfermline.

24 minutes ago, AGPar said:

It's been discussed on here a few times. The suggestion being that it's some sort of club rule not to give out any information whatsoever with regard to fitness or injuries for fear that it gives a competitive advantage to the opposing team. Certainly a policy that's been working out incredibly well for us over the past few seasons at least.

I remember making a similar point in the early days of the Old One F forum, around 2004, and getting laughing emoticons back from a poster who also ran the media department then. It's always been that way. I'm not sure it's a club policy so much as an ingrained reticence amongst football managers, or at least all the ones we've had recently. 

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why is sneddon back?  Is it to play him or cover loan him elsewhere. I'm sure he can tell you if it's weeks or months for Dixon.  The interview hardly mentions Airdrie anyway for a supposed pre Airdrie interview. You get far more info from epl clubs at the top of the game who don't seem at all bothered to let people know who is available and who isn't and yet we seem to refuse to give out any info whatsoever. The interview is a complete waste of time.

Sorry it's just a moan for the sake of it and fuk knows why you referenced EPL clubs.

If you are seeking out info on players that won't be playing tomorrow then I can see why you are always crabit, except on the new board 😄

Ps Blair Sneddon changed his laces yesterday, gutted the manager didn't tell us 

18 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Sorry it's just a moan for the sake of it and fuk knows why you referenced EPL clubs.

If you are seeking out info on players that won't be playing tomorrow then I can see why you are always crabit, except on the new board 😄

Ps Blair Sneddon changed his laces yesterday, gutted the manager didn't tell us 

It would just be nice to hear something of interest. Anything that would make those interviews at all worthwhile. I played it thinking it's the transfer window and there's been loads going on at the club  so should be a good watch only to hear that the boys are buzzin and nothing else.  It's not the managers fault it's the boy asking the questions. Even Lewis at least asks for the odd bit of info on the match ahead.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Gotta just love a 5 minutes before the team sheet signing announcement... I guess it might mess up airdries plan if we announce another defender last minute.  The plan of wait for the Falkirk defence to gift us a goal or 3 might have to get scraped! :D  

39 minutes ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Mark reynolds??? emoji102.pngemoji102.png

Would seem quite a strange signing as he's apparently left-sided. That would give us him, Dixon, T-S and Lemon all vying for the one, maybe two positions, leaving us with McKay or Hall on the other side. It would be really unusual to have three left footed players in a back three I would say.

6 minutes ago, MetalWolf said:

Gotta just love a 5 minutes before the team sheet signing announcement... I guess it might mess up airdries plan if we announce another defender last minute.  The plan of wait for the Falkirk defence to gift us a goal or 3 might have to get scraped! :D  

I've been at games when the new signing was announced as he was running on to the pitch!

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I've been at games when the new signing was announced as he was running on to the pitch!

Was often like that in the good old days before social media. Turn up at brockville and try and work out who the strange guy in the navy blue warming up was before the teams were announced. Those were the days.

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Was often like that in the good old days before social media. Turn up at brockville and try and work out who the strange guy in the navy blue warming up was before the teams were announced. Those were the days.

I've seen dozens upon dozens of strange guys warming up in the navy blue. Strange that they were even there in the fuckin first place!!

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Before the awful transfer window. 
your choices were hopefully Gerry McNee might mention a new signing on Scotsport extra time, the Club line 0898 premium number or maybe the Falkirk Football Programme on Central FM. 

Guest FFC1965

Remember being 15 minutes into a game at Parkhead (Nov 86?) before realising that it was Sam McGivern playing up front for us and not Ken Eadie.  Super Sam had signed that morning.  Pre social media and pre transfer window era was fantastic!   

14 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Would seem quite a strange signing as he's apparently left-sided. That would give us him, Dixon, T-S and Lemon all vying for the one, maybe two positions, leaving us with McKay or Hall on the other side. It would be really unusual to have three left footed players in a back three I would say.

Dixon out till mid-late Feb & Lemon isn’t ready yet