The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest TedCrilly

Does anyone have an update on Paul Dixon? Is he still with the club? Someone mentioned he had an operation, is this official? Is there any chance he could be back tomorrow?

8 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I will wait until 4:50pm tomorrow to decide if I am disappointed. Were we to win tomorrow (unlikely as that might seem) then I will leave the disappointment on the shelf for another day. Winning tomorrow would be an off the charts amazing result for the current squad. That much is true.

From this point forward, the mission statement is dead simple.………Catch Queens. We have them to play twice more, and we probably need to beat them in both games.

I don't think its mission impossible to win tomorrow, the starting 11 last week bar Martin have all proven themselves either at this level or above in the past.

The defence and I include all outfield players needs to addressed, surely the weeks training will feature how to be less shite at it.

We obviously need a few in to improve us and generate competition for places but it needs to be the right ones in. It's a big test tomorrow and if we go a goal down, it won't take Rennie 60 mins or so to change something. I went into the previous Queen's and Cove games with a draw will be an amazing result but that was more down to our manager.

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

Like Dowds Sneddon will have been training with the team and it appears he to be playing wingback with what he posted on Instagram. Probably just making up the numbers but doubt we’ll see much of him in the first team unless he’s somehow came on leaps and bounds playing for Gretna 2008 and sitting second bottom Of the lowland league.

Gretnas 2 wins in 25 games and a goal diff of -52. He won't be shooting up our defence that's for sure.😂

The game we beat Airdrie away earlier in the season our back line was the below and we also played a fair bit with 10 men thanks to Hetherington so it's not impossible to get a result tomorrow especially if they are without Mcinroy. However it's highly likely we'll leak a few goals if Mckay, Hall & Miller are still in the team so on that basis I think we'd all have been more confident with even one defender coming in.

Mutch
Miller Hall Lemon Mccann

9 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

The game we beat Airdrie away earlier in the season our back line was the below and we also played a fair bit with 10 men thanks to Hetherington so it's not impossible to get a result tomorrow especially if they are without Mcinroy. However it's highly likely we'll leak a few goals if Mckay, Hall & Miller are still in the team so on that basis I think we'd all have been more confident with even one defender coming in.

Mutch
Miller Hall Lemon Mccann

Miller sold the goal that day as well.

Mutch
Miller Hall Lemon Mccann

The red card helped us seal the win they day imo. It meant we just sat back and our centre backs didn’t have anything complicated to do or think about just clear the ball all game. When you start asking the likes of Hall, Lemon and McKay to play football or do anything that’s not absolutely basic that’s when you get in trouble.

41 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

Does anyone have an update on Paul Dixon? Is he still with the club? Someone mentioned he had an operation, is this official? Is there any chance he could be back tomorrow?

I remember BPM saying he needed surgery on his wrist. Unknown if he's had it yet

5 minutes ago, Mevilc Bairn said:

I remember BPM saying he needed surgery on his wrist. Unknown if he's had it yet

Someone on COYB said he had his op 7/10 days ago? Four weeks rehab I think they said 

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I said when we signed sneddon he was never going to be good enough and it's no surprise that that's still the case. People need to wise up. He hasn't got it it's as simple as that. This perhaps he's kicked on pish because he's played a few games for the second worst side in the lowland league is cloud cukoo land stuff. He'll be away when his contract runs out until then it looks like he'll be a covid jersey filler and then probably sent back out on loan to dukla pumpherston.

I should just ignore it, but the way you state these opinions as fact really gets under my skin. There's nothing wrong with people hoping for the best with a young player, whether you find it delusional or not. There's a system out there that can make McKay a Championship defender, Keena a double digit scorer and Hetherington a good holding midfielder. All at the same time? Probably not, but I certainly hope none of our staff take your approach to player development.

6 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Barring injuries or covid I'd say it'll be the same starting line up again. But we simply cannot give Airdrie the same amount of chances afforded to Dumbarton or we may well need to score a hatful of goals again to take anything. 

Midfield could be a major struggle as we were ran ragged there last time and miller's a liability.

Just now, Gollum said:

I should just ignore it, but the way you state these opinions as fact really gets under my skin. There's nothing wrong with people hoping for the best with a young player, whether you find it delusional or not. There's a system out there that can make McKay a Championship defender, Keena a double digit scorer and Hetherington a good holding midfielder. All at the same time? Probably not, but I certainly hope none of our staff take your approach to player development.

He's not someone just in the door FFS. He's been with us long enough now and never looked close to making the first team and that's when we've been as bad as we've ever been. He's going out on loan to gretna because that's the best level we can find to take him. If he'd been in league 2 at a forfar or Stirling Albion and had rave reviews like when Darren Barr and others went out in the past then that's a different story but that's not the case.  You've got to be realistic here.  It's the same every time one of our players goes out on loan and does nothing. People getting excited that they are going to kick on and be brilliant when if that was the case they'd have done what dowds did and ripped it up with the side they were on loan to. 

59 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Usual waste of time pre game interview with Rennie I see. No info on anything interesting at all like whose back whose not and whether any signings are close. Complete waste of 3 mins odd.

Cheers, just saved me wasting 3 mins of my time!

Really frustrating how we never get any updates on players injuries. Names just appear and disappear on team sheets at 2.15 every sat very rarely without any explanation or consequent updates.

9 minutes ago, alonso said:

Cheers, just saved me wasting 3 mins of my time!

Really frustrating how we never get any updates on players injuries. Names just appear and disappear on team sheets at 2.15 every sat very rarely without any explanation or consequent updates.

It's been discussed on here a few times. The suggestion being that it's some sort of club rule not to give out any information whatsoever with regard to fitness or injuries for fear that it gives a competitive advantage to the opposing team. Certainly a policy that's been working out incredibly well for us over the past few seasons at least.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Usual waste of time pre game interview with Rennie I see. No info on anything interesting at all like whose back whose not and whether any signings are close. Complete waste of 3 mins odd.

So it's ok for the board to say fuk all when there is no news but not for the manager 😂😂