The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Seems odd to me be to be resigning 6 weeks into the role, after the company secretary has just done the same and coaches have resigned suddenly.

Seems more than a coincidence to me.

I’d also be interested to know more about how these ‘working groups’ were put together. I’d have thought you’d want to have an open application process, but they seem to have been hand picked by board members as far as I can see.

There was an open application process where the BOD actively asked fans willing to give up time and expertise to apply over a month ago now, in the latest update they state they have brought a number of new volunteers in on the back of that. They also politely thanked those who had offered but weren’t required at this time. Im really not sure why your raising an issue here, as far as I can see the new regime are properly getting to grips with things now and sorting out the mess they inherited while slowly removing/replacing people who were a possible hindrance to driving the club previously.  I’m actually becoming more impressed and confident in the new leadership with every decision they have made so far, like I said, I’m a bit confused what you mean here?  (also David White genuinely felt the position needs somebody who can devote more attention to it than has now become apparent to him he can, exactly as stated, the FSS I’m sure will confirm this officially shortly. His role was only temporary anyway until the FSS can hold elections)

Edited by LatapyBairn.

2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Seems odd to me be to be resigning 6 weeks into the role, after the company secretary has just done the same and coaches have resigned suddenly.

Seems more than a coincidence to me.

I’d also be interested to know more about how these ‘working groups’ were put together. I’d have thought you’d want to have an open application process, but they seem to have been hand picked by board members as far as I can see.

As stated there was the invitation to apply for those roles. Early days for this new bod and they have to be given time. 

The last ' Chairman' was handpicked by the previous bod. ( Colin LiddElls pal) The ' Chairman' then handpicked his bod, which turned out to be a disaster. I honestly don't think this bod are naive enough to repeat that. 

1 hour ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

As stated there was the invitation to apply for those roles. Early days for this new bod and they have to be given time. 

The last ' Chairman' was handpicked by the previous bod. ( Colin LiddElls pal) The ' Chairman' then handpicked his bod, which turned out to be a disaster. I honestly don't think this bod are naive enough to repeat that. 

Rather than “naive”, they would have to be as arrogant, self serving, and incompetent as the last lot in order to repeat their behaviours. It isn’t going to happen.

I was listening to the WDHS podcast from December earlier and the guest was Derek McWilliams.  He appears to have a good amount of experience as a youth coach - with Fergus resigning and McWilliams made redundant by Livi during the pandemic, is he perhaps someone that the board should approach?

Guest Caractacus Potts
12 minutes ago, some_guy said:

I was listening to the WDHS podcast from December earlier and the guest was Derek McWilliams.  He appears to have a good amount of experience as a youth coach - with Fergus resigning and McWilliams made redundant by Livi during the pandemic, is he perhaps someone that the board should approach?

Quite possibly. What about the guys who used to run the academy? Would hope they’d be kept in mind too as did they not get shafted by the club when they closed the academy? 

15 minutes ago, some_guy said:

Was he not just coaching part time though? He's was postman for a good few years, 

25 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Quite possibly. What about the guys who used to run the academy? Would hope they’d be kept in mind too as did they not get shafted by the club when they closed the academy? 

I'm not sure who they were or if they've already been considered?

21 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Was he not just coaching part time though? He's was postman for a good few years, 

I thought it sounded like he was full time at livi, can't recall him specifying though.

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Can't see any of these guys returning if asked in my opinion due to the way in which the  academy was closed.  Not to mention one person still hanging about club who was part of the board that closed it.

8 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

My concern here is that the delay might be down to one or two players trying to keep options open.
The worry is that we get a whole bunch of players in the last week because no one else wanted them rather than the best available in this window….

Also January is a time when nearly all the targets are under contract to other clubs.

Invariably it needs those clubs to secure their targets first to allow our targets to leave.

That's why a lot of deals get done towards the end of this window.....if at all.   

It’s not considered the most difficult window without good reason. Having said that, at the first time of asking, Hartley used it well prior to his “lazy summer” disaster.

I suppose the introduction of Sinclair and the re-born Dowds have had a major impact, and regardless of how bad Dumbarton were, there was no way we would score 6 goals against any side without them. Remember December…..one goal for, eleven against.

Rennie and Miller seem to know what they are about, and look capable of getting a new tune out of the front line, but we all know that our defence as it stands, is going to kill us.

I reckon we've been saving all our announcements until today so Airdrie don't have time to adapt. Reckon we'll see a box office day at the TFS like that Hartley list day.

1. Call the well about the fox.
2. Announce the PW
3. Call anyone about a striker